List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No you are really right. Like, let's draft a KPF with the first round draft picks we don't have and wait for somewhere between 4-8 years to find out whether they become the truly dominant forward you are hoping for,

or we can find some team that wants to draft all our role players in return for their KPF. (we can probably get Chol for McIntosh, though his salary is 500K+)
And if we are going to trade with Gold Coast would prefer we got some speed...

or better still we could get HH who wants to be a KPF and wants to come play with his good mates Timmy and Hopper and will give the KPF player we draft a couple years to develop before he as to be the man.
Sorry but while Lynch is there why waste cap space on someone too play a secondary role that can be filled by someone for half what Hummingbird would cost.

Actually, as much as I do agree with you. I reckon a lot of GWS' problems come from them having too many of the same type - A grade inside mids, so the top picks (which GWS have had and keep getting). Most important players in the game. But they end up playing a style that is too inside, and their top players all play to win themselves. Great, but it makes the team not well rounded and reduces synergy. That is because they have too may top picks, and they pick the obvious players with those picks. It's a curse of excess riches.
Good point GC a bit of this too , they have qty mids spilling over into VFL on a reg basis , I’m tipping hollands will be out and realistically with few senior games should be a r2

Should we trade Tom Lynch back to Gold Coast?

That way they can't have a crack at Tom Lynch for leaving.

Tom has a chance for more premierships up there, we get some draft picks, help them pay the salary
Don’t know if you are aware but we can’t just trade players on a whim or because we want to

Lynch wanted to return to Victoria for family reasons so he isn’t agreeing to a move back to the Gold Coast

Don’t know if you are aware but we can’t just trade players on a whim or because we want to

Lynch wanted to return to Victoria for family reasons so he isn’t agreeing to a move back to the Gold Coast

It would not be on a whim.

Have you asked him?

RFC should be focused on helping our players win premierships

I am not saying we should get Ben King but he looks a little shaky up at Gold Coast based on footage with ex-coach Dew. Maybe they prefer Tom who might be more reliable for them as a key target.

Hardwick might think Ben King is a potential coach killer, he might seek Lynch and look to trade King to someone else if he gets the GC job.

Can't see Tom playing to 40 so he will not be up there forever if he moved

I would not hold it against Tom if he moved back to Gold Coast, we need to build for a few years to help Taranto and Hopper and other win a premiership so it will help us.

If he does go back to GC he can call Toak Miller dumbo

If Hardwick does get the gig he will not want to be doing a lot of building before trying to contend with GC.

AFL HQ will probably want GC contending to pump up Tassie foray

If we could get Humphries and a top draft pick what players would Dimma want for GC if they wanted to contend?? I would be pretty open, I would be looking at contention for RFC after 4 years maybe to give Taranto and Hopper enough time

Last edited:
Should we trade Tom Lynch back to Gold Coast?

That way they can't have a crack at Tom Lynch for leaving.

Tom has a chance for more premierships up there, we get some draft picks, help them pay the salary
Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Um wow. You’re one of a kind. A ******* lunatic and we love it

If Tom Lynch did go back to Gold Coast, the AFL HQ would love it, because it would be a massive kick for expansion clubs and help them push Tassie over the line.

Originally recruited by them and went back for success is a good sell point on the viability of expansion clubs that have the leaking phenomenon of players leaving over their heads until they come back. Part of teh model for expansion clubs making them viable could be a selling point.

Go to Tassie, help them, go elsewhere, go back and win a premiership at a few clubs can be the selling point. If its one way instead of two way it is harder making the case for expansion clubs

Last edited:
Please stop posting

Have you asked him?

I am not saying we should get Ben King but he looks a little shaky up at Gold Coast based on footage with ex-coach Dew. Maybe they prefer Tom who might be more reliable for them as a key target.

Hardwick might think Ben King is a potential coach killer, he might seek Lynch and look to trade King to someone else if he gets the GC job.

I would not hold it against Tom if he moved back to Gold Coast, we need to build for a few years to help Taranto and Hopper and other win a premiership so it will help us.

If Hardwick does get the gig he will not want to be doing a lot of building before trying to contend with GC.

If we could get Humphries and a top draft pick what players would Dimma want for GC if they wanted to contend?? I would be pretty open, I would be looking at contention for RFC after 4 years maybe to give Taranto and Hopper enough time
Please stop posting.

Sorry but while Lynch is there why waste cap space on someone too play a secondary role that can be filled by someone for half what Hummingbird would cost.
Mate, buddy, old pal ... haven't you read between the lines yet ... Lynch has a foot fracture that ain't healing, those bad boys are often recurring and possibly career ending stuff.

Plantar Fascia commonly occur with stress fractures..... then the in game fracture (have you seen footage of the incident?)... I wouldn't be putting any money on Lynch being back on the park next season

HH will be a Tiger.... I will put money on that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you asked Tom this? You are delusional to think we can’t trade Lynch ;)

Mate, buddy, old pal ... haven't you read between the lines yet ... Lynch has a foot fracture that ain't healing, those bad boys are often recurring and possibly career ending stuff.

Plantar Fascia commonly occur with stress fractures..... then the in game fracture (have you seen footage of the incident?)... I wouldn't be putting any money on Lynch being back on the park next season

HH will be a Tiger.... I will put money on that
Well that sucks on both fronts.
Least Lynch brought us a flag or 2.

12 months ago they salary dumped they’re not picking up Dusty’s 1.3. Why would he want to split it over multiple years he is guaranteed that money next year. He can then go year by year signing 500k contracts
I'm pretty confident that's what Beema was meaning to when he referred to "contract dollars" being part of the equation.

Geelong taking on Bowes' $2.4M over 4 years basically got them pick #7. Us taking on the best part of Dusty's $1.3M for only one year could possibly get us the same pick, or better if the Suns continue to shyte the bed.

It'd be very astute business on our part - and Dimma could just buy it.

If Tom Lynch did go back to Gold Coast, the AFL HQ would love it, because it would be a massive kick for expansion clubs and help them push Tassie over the line.

Originally recruited by them and went back for success is a good sell point on the viability of expansion clubs that have the leaking phenomenon of players leaving over their heads until they come back. Part of teh model for expansion clubs making them viable could be a selling point.

Go to Tassie, help them, go elsewhere, go back and win a premiership at a few clubs can be the selling point. If its one way instead of two way it is harder making the case for expansion clubs
Are you Donald Trump ??

SUNS FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK DRAWING RIVAL INTEREST

Gold Coast top-10 pick Elijah Hollands has significant interest at rival clubs after a season in which he has stagnated with just four senior games.

The No. 7 draft pick from the Murray Bushrangers is in his third season and is contracted for the 2024 season but hasn’t come on after playing five encouraging games as a mid-forward last year.

He kicked six goals in his five games last year and with a powerful physique mixed with an exceptional running tank, he seemed a player of the future.

But his future is a wait-and-see proposition given he isn’t in the senior team at a Gold Coast side stacked with midfield talent.

The brother of Carlton’s Ollie Hollands might be dragged out of the club for a quality pick in return.

And the Suns are keen to stockpile early draft selections so they can secure their trio of top-15 academy selections starting with No. 1 draft contender Jed Walter.

Allies coach Mark McVeigh told RSN Radio on Tuesday he had never seen a player so keen to tackle, chase and “empty out” than Walter, likening him to Josh Kennedy for his desperation to influence games.

Have you asked him?

1689117194817.gif

Actually I think we are in a solid position. Add in a fit Lynch and our list looks really nice. Sampson Ryan can be a decent B grade AFL KPF I reckon. We need someone to hold the main man spot, but that is couple of years away, so I see Tiger71 mail on GC's King as making a lot of sense.

Where we are now is more about injuries than list holes. And you can't plan to lose the best contested mark in the AFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back