List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Tiger fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

tugga you may like to sticky or merge this post, move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread.

Do we need upgrades on to these 4 to be competitive?

Upgrades or give them (the kids) a chance to develop and progress to push them out of the 22 Dow is only 21 Banks and Brown younger and 2nd year players

Ross was looking pretty similar this time last year

Think alot of us have forgotten that it actually takes time and investment before most players become walk in best 22 selections after having a well drilled mature plahing group for the past 5 - 6 years with only a small handful of younger players

Sorry mate and sorry all. Still trying to get over this concussion s**t. I have PCS, though recovering, jus to slowly for my liking. I am having a big catch up with my mates in a fortnight, just before the grand final. Normally there mail is pretty spot on and will share it once I get it.
Hope you get on the improve quickly mandingo71.
Then hurry the **** back on here with your gossip titbits

Hope you get on the improve quickly mandingo71.
Then hurry the * back on here with your gossip titbits
61JLTBbrajL._UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Sorry mate and sorry all. Still trying to get over this concussion s**t. I have PCS, though recovering, jus to slowly for my liking. I am having a big catch up with my mates in a fortnight, just before the grand final. Normally there mail is pretty spot on and will share it once I get it.
I really hope you feel better soon Tiger71 - we miss your witty posts and your trade news.

Should be looking at Clohesy and Hayes out of Werribee, whilst Moyle from GWS is gunna be a player I’d be happy to trade for given how s**t or draft hand is .
What’s their FF Garoni like kicked over 40 goals , 4 on the weekend,,,takes one grab marks , get him to tigerland .

Glad you're recovering Legend. Unfortunately these things take time

The changing of the guard in the Tigers' coaches box isn't the only significant shift the club is undertaking this off-season, with Richmond having bid farewell to club greats Jack Riewoldt and Trent Cotchin, as well as veteran defender Robbie Tarrant, through retirement.

The Tigers have made one further list change since their season was brought to an end, delisting first-year forward Kaelan Bradtke, leaving Mate Colina, Rhyan Mansell, Bigoa Nyuon and Hugo Ralphsmith as the only players without a contract for 2024.

Any further list decisions could be on hold as the club nears an announcement on their next senior coach.

Get well soon - you’re trade insight has and will always be appreciated!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it interesting we keep talking about our one-paced midfield and needing a different dimension etc…

I hope beyond hope that whomever is our coach comes in, grabs Shai Bolton by the collar, and says “Shai … you are going to be a full-time midfielder. Not a 50/50 mid-fwd. Not a forward when we need a goal. Get yourself super fit and you will be playing midfield as you have the talent to be the best midfielder in the competition. And you will kick 30+ goals as a midfielder anyway.”

Then I hope they grab Dusty and say “Dusty, you are going to be playing much more midfield in 2024. Not a 10-90 fwd-mid split, but more like a 60-40 mid-fwd split. You are capable of regaining your status as the best player in the game. You will kick just as many goals playing predominantly midfield as you do fwd-mid. You are only 32yo and showed in 2023 when playing midfield you are still one of the very best. Get super fit and dominate again like 2017-2020”.

We keep talking how we need zip and class in the midfield… and we’ve friggin well got the exact players we need on our list.

In 2024 Bolton should be the games best player. Let me outline this … keeping in mind how much time Bolton spent up forward in a team finishing 13th:

Bolton v ‘Young superstar mid” : 2023 averages:

Disposals: 21.7 v 25.8
Goals: 1.4 v 0.8
Goal assist: 0.8 v 0.6
Contested: 9.7 v 8.5
Clearances : 4.0 v 3.8
SI’s: 7.0 v 7.0
Turnovers: 4.6 v 5.6
Player rating: 15.8 v 14.82

That’s Bolton v dual-AA Connor Rozee.

I hope the new coach doesn’t let Bolton off the hook from doing all he can to be the best player in the competition, as that’s what he can be.

But we need him to be a midfielder. Not a mid-fwd.

Taranto
Bolton
Hopper
Martin
Prestia
Dow
Sonsie

That’s a formidable midfield group, with hopefully the likes of Dow and Sonsie developing and ready to impact when inevitable injury strikes or a rest is needed.

Don’t get sucked in by Bolton being able to stand on heads or kick some freakish goals. He’s not a great small forward… he can be a truly great midfielder.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Prestia to Suns a rumour. I doubt there is much substance to that as the Suns have a good midfield and are struggling to free up list spots for their live picks.

1694959591353.png

We paid the equivalent of pick 10 for him in 2016 which was a bargain (Pick 6 + future 2nd(pick 38) for pick 24 + Prestia)
Without that trade we are struggling to win one, let alone 3 flags.

I find it interesting we keep talking about our one-paced midfield and needing a different dimension etc…

I hope beyond hope that whomever is our coach comes in, grabs Shai Bolton by the collar, and says “Shai … you are going to be a full-time midfielder. Not a 50/50 mid-fwd………
I agree entirely. I mentioned a couple of weeks back that I would like to explore the option of Dan Rioli through the mids as well. Good defensively and high speed.

Plus, as we all know; we don’t lack for half backs.

Shai, Dusty and Dan certainly gives our mids a better look.

I think I need to join the sex party for new ideas all this talk about kozi harmes sonsie becoming a great player dow coming good also Gale stating he does not want to bottom out (doesn't make sense) even though I know I have to clean my bum, is doing my head in.
When it's clear I want to see a new coach and not the interim one, links to players that will actually improve the list, more deadwood is gone eg Ralf.
Reality says I will be rejected by the party and the current situation will resume.:'(

Prestia to Suns a rumour. I doubt there is much substance to that as the Suns have a good midfield and are struggling to free up list spots for their live picks.

View attachment 1806564

We paid the equivalent of pick 10 for him in 2016 which was a bargain (Pick 6 + future 2nd(pick 38) for pick 24 + Prestia)
Without that trade we are struggling to win one, let alone 3 flags.
Broady got on some media thing and basically said it was all made up. Said it passed off the family the rumour.

Can those idiots that didn’t support recruiting HH or Hogan a few years ago remove themselves from further discussions, its just beyond the pale 🤦‍♂️
HH is on a contract that is rumoured to be over 700k. That is what I would pay for prime Rance/Scarlett and HH ain't at that level yet.

Hogan, sure he looks great and has always had a heap of potential, however, until this year his body was letting him down and his love of Darts was not inspiring any confidence.

HH is on a contract that is rumoured to be over 700k. That is what I would pay for prime Rance/Scarlett and HH ain't at that level yet.

Hogan, sure he looks great and has always had a heap of potential, however, until this year his body was letting him down and his love of Darts was not inspiring any confidence.
700k isn’t the big money it once was with the cap increases a few years ago and the new eba that is about to be signed off 700k will be the going rate for the mid tier 2nd talls and rucks

Can those idiots that didn’t support recruiting HH or Hogan a few years ago remove themselves from further discussions, its just beyond the pale 🤦‍♂️
I can remember thinking (and possibly posting) that Hogan was as close to a Riewoldt replacement as we would ever get.
And yes, like others, I was desperately looking for our next Riewoldt a couple of seasons ago.
There is the "no dickhead" policy, which he definitely would have failed at that time.
Don't know at what stage you back your club culture to be stronger than the risk an incoming dickhead could make?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back