List Mgmt. Trade Period 2016 - The Live Freo Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Goldie definitely isnt coming to us ... we couldn't afford him under our cap, and we wouldn't need him after NN is back. I think Minson or Vardy is much more likely, so we can keep our first round pick for the draft.

Who are you guys on the board wanting with the first pick? Are you keen on English as a project to replace Sandi?
SPS or Taranto would be my hope.

Had a look at that Facebook page claiming Fyfe met with Silvagni. The page was created on Friday ffs. The name "bluez news" should've given it away. Looks like another Trade Whisperer or whatever that bs Twitter account went as. It's shame so many people are falling for what are probably kids with nothing better to do with their time after school/on weekends.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Had a look at that Facebook page claiming Fyfe met with Silvagni. The page was created on Friday ffs. The name "bluez news" should've given it away. Looks like another Trade Whisperer or whatever that bs Twitter account went as. It's shame so many people are falling for what are probably kids with nothing better to do with their time after school/on weekends.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think the people who spread pages and tweets such as these (and post them on this forum) are just as bad as the people who create them. Its just annoying because even though i know its fake (and i know most of us here know its bs) i also know there will be a few who will see it and then spread it even more, especially on sites such as BigFooty.

I think the people who spread pages and tweets such as these (and post them on this forum) are just as bad as the people who create them. Its just annoying because even though i know its fake (and i know most of us here know its bs) i also know there will be a few who will see it and then spread it even more, especially on sites such as BigFooty.

You only have to look at the drama queen that posted it on this forum.

Goldstein rumours sound rubbish to me. For starters he isnt from WA and is 28 which doesn't fit the age profile of our current recruits and seemingly our current list management strategy.

And signing him would be a band-aid solution anyway with sandi still here time to look at youth for the post sandi era.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This

People make shit up but then as it gets passed around it gains some sort of bizarre credibility as the more it appears in different places people start to believe there's something in it

So no, Fyfe isn't likely to be going to Carlton just as Goldstein was never coming to west coast

Will we seriously have one of the oldest lists next year after all our delistings this year? Even without us possibly trading out one or more of Barlow, Ballas, Silvagni or Suban I have our average age at 24.6y. And given we have lots of list spots to fill through the drafts that should go down a lot more as I can't see us taking too many mature agers (over 21s).

And looking at our B22 quite a few of our older stalwarts (over 26yo) might not make the cut. Dawson, Griffin, Barlow, Ibbo, Silvagni, Ballas and DPearce will all likely spend some time at Peel next year if still on our list. Sandi, Johnson, Mundy and Spurr are probably our only over 26 locks for B22 if fit.

I'd hardly call our list profile one of the oldest anymore.

You should read my whole post. Once you factor in all our draftees coming in that will go down a fair bit though. If we draft say 5 x 19yos that will come down to under 24yo average which would be at the lower end of the table. After we lose a few more stalwarts next year we could very well have one of the youngest lists.

From earlier this year (before list changes over the past few weeks):
1. Fremantle – 25 years and 157 days
2. North Melbourne – 25 years and 55 days
3. Hawthorn – 24 years and 307 days
4. Essendon – 24 years and 259 days*
5. Geelong – 24 years and 201 days
6. West Coast – 24 years and 175 days
7. Sydney Swans – 24 years and 124 days
8. Richmond – 24 years and 95 days
9. Port Adelaide – 24 years and 40 days*
=. Carlton – 24 years and 40 days
11. Adelaide – 24 years and 29 days
12. Collingwood – 23 years and 310 days
13. St Kilda – 23 years and 303 days
14. Western Bulldogs – 23 years and 270 days
15. Melbourne – 23 years and 241 days
16. Gold Coast – 23 years and 197 days
17. Greater Western Sydney – 23 years and 99 days
18. Brisbane Lions – 22 years and 343 days

wayToGo_ I think you're comparing 2 slightly different stats. The 24.6 must include our rookie list but average age list you have is main list only and matches my numbers for last year using 1st March as the date.

I have our current senior list average age at 26 which should come down after the draft. I think we will be one off the oldest teams in the league again this year.

I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing but older lists do tend to have more injury issues which was apparent for us this year.

wayToGo_ I think you're comparing 2 slightly different stats. The 24.6 must include our rookie list but average age list you have is main list only and matches my numbers for last year using 1st March as the date.

I have our current senior list average age at 26 which should come down after the draft. I think we will be one off the oldest teams in the league again this year.

I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing but older lists do tend to have more injury issues which was apparent for us this year.
Yes it's the full list as of right now because we have no idea who will be upgraded off the rookie list. Nothing I or anyone has provided is accurate because we won't know our full list and who is on rookie and who on senior list until after the drafts. My points were more about it being pretty obvious to anyone that our average must come down because we have delisted 10 and a number of those are far older than a 18/19yo draftee plus those we have traded in are only 23 (less than our average age this year). If people disagree that's up to them. I guess we'll see if we are one of the older lists come end of the off season. And if we are I'll happily eat my words ;)

Wouldnt mind cashing in on two first rounders and a player for him. Not like we have a dud midfield without him anyway
I will think of this when fyfe become free agent and how freo went in 2017 season. Too early to think about it now. If freo do well in 2017 everything can be negotiate.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade Period 2016 - The Live Freo Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back