List Mgmt. Trade Period 2016 - The Live Freo Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That Michael Jordan really effected his team with his brand. As did Beckham at Man U. Or the massive egos of Zidane, Ronaldo, Beckham etc at Real Madrid.
Have a look at the swans board when Franklin went there. Posters with your view were a dime a dozen, spruiking pessimism and doom. Look how that turned out.
If anything, see his brand as a positive, legit earnings outside of the club will mean he will have less pressure to squeeze all of his earnings from the club.

Don't forget Buddy's still got 4-5 years to go on 1m a year , they just lost a good young mid they wanted to keep and you would think it'll be hard to keep heeney
Happy for a player to make as much coin as they can but that brand talk just diminishes my love of the game a bit
I don't like basketball or soccer and it'll be a sad day for me if we have to get used to players talking like that

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thanks, hopefully this week will be more productive now that the ghost of Bondy / previous years behind us. There is a real chance we can get all of cmac/hill/hamling/Kersten and end up with picks 10,14,24,56,61,63...

EARLY Wk2 TRADES
- 35 for hamling and 63
- 43 for Kersten and 56
- Leaves 7,56,61,63,73,79

LATE Wk2 TRADES - as per first post but really depends on gc Jom and Prestia trades and timing of these
- Assume gc end up up with 6&10 to add to 4,8,22,24,26,30,44
- Trade 2017 1st & Barlow for 8or10 and 24 from gc
- Trade 7 for 14 and Syd 2017 1st
- Leaves 10,14,24,56,61,63,73,79 & 2017 1st downgrade. Think will use 6 max

OTHER
- Look at pick upgrades for 56/61/63 for any others we trade out
- Have more usable picks to make a play at Adams?
- Keep Ballas if token offer as have 3 similar picks already

If the club wants English, then trade 7 for 14 and First round 2017.

Loved him right up till he started talking about himself as a brand ' nathanfyfe7 ' please he's lost himself , that's the kind of crap you hear from people with serious delusions of grandeur , bad MOJO in a team environment. Next thing he'll be doing Cam Newton superman poses when he kicks a goal.
I hope it's just a phase or something

You obviously don't watch professional sports much do you? Well done to Fyfe marketing himself as a brand in a 2 team town, the opportunities are there and he takes them or makes them.
I'm just happy he's a Docker and I've no doubt he'll remain that way.

Getting English at 7 will be biggest mistake since Marcus Drum.

That I don't believe for a second. Overall athletically he was reported as one of the top 10 performers at the combine. He's not a dud selection. It's the year's of development before you get a return that makes me less keen, combined with the propensity for big men to get injured.

Loved him right up till he started talking about himself as a brand ' nathanfyfe7 ' please he's lost himself , that's the kind of crap you hear from people with serious delusions of grandeur , bad MOJO in a team environment. Next thing he'll be doing Cam Newton superman poses when he kicks a goal.

You heard of "Dockerland"?

Ever since youv'e been here mate youv'e been talking crap, get your head out of your arse or leave.

Don't forget Buddy's still got 4-5 years to go on 1m a year , they just lost a good young mid they wanted to keep and you would think it'll be hard to keep heeney
Happy for a player to make as much coin as they can but that brand talk just diminishes my love of the game a bit
I don't like basketball or soccer and it'll be a sad day for me if we have to get used to players talking like that

Buddy signed the 10 year contract in 2013 . He's got 7 more years.

Ashley Browne speculating that St Kilda are building a warchest to lure Fyfe

8 minutes ago
MORE TWITTER QUESTIONS

Follow
TheBigFellas06 @thebigfellas06

@AFL is there any possibility that Tom Rockliff could come to the saints?

7:00 AM - 17 Oct 2016

ASHLEY BROWNE: The Saints are an interesting club. I reckon they're up to something. They traded out their first round pick to Hawthorn, but got two second rounders and a 2017 first pick in exchange. They might have a look at Rockliff, but it is increasingly likely he will remain at the Lions. What Saints fans are hoping is that they are building a war chest to bring someone like Nat Fyfe to the club in 2018.

8 minutes ago
MORE TWITTER QUESTIONS

Follow

ASHLEY BROWNE: The Saints are an interesting club. I reckon they're up to something. They traded out their first round pick to Hawthorn, but got two second rounders and a 2017 first pick in exchange. They might have a look at Rockliff, but it is increasingly likely he will remain at the Lions. What Saints fans are hoping is that they are building a war chest to bring someone like Nat Fyfe to the club in 2018.
Confirmed: Ash Brown reads BigFooty.

Saints Board have been fapping over Fyfe big time this past few weeks.

That I don't believe for a second. Overall athletically he was reported as one of the top 10 performers at the combine. He's not a dud selection. It's the year's of development before you get a return that makes me less keen, combined with the propensity for big men to get injured.

Daniel Bandy was just as athletically. English ruck work is average at best and his over head marking is horrible. Sure, he has good skills and a great attitude but if he wasn't a ruck, he wouldn't be selected.

English doesn't play big and is more of a midfielder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

8 minutes ago
MORE TWITTER QUESTIONS

Follow

Nathan Burkes off the cuff "we'd like to land a big fish eventually like Fyfe" comment is really blowing up.

Daniel Bandy was just as athletically. English ruck work is average at best and his over head marking is horrible. Sure, he has good skills and a great attitude but if he wasn't a ruck, he wouldn't be selected.

English doesn't play big and is more of a midfielder.

Ruckmen and overhead marking have always been an issue. Took Sandilands years to grab overhead marks. I had a colleague who used to coach in the WAFL and he said it was down to the big men taking longer to get used to the ball coming in and the associated depth perception.

If we need a ready made ruck then there's a few out there (Minson, Vardy and Lobbe) but I don't think we do with Sandi, Griff and Clarke still around but it's going to become a need in a year or two. So I would say English might be coachable to that level by then.

8 minutes ago
MORE TWITTER QUESTIONS

Follow

Nathan is a restricted free agent.

Unless he's that adamant that he's leaving that he'd walk into the pre-season draft (Hello Brisbane), we will have no issues matching any offer to him and this should be made very clear...so clear that everyone is aware that we're matching with the idea that we won't allow a trade

Sandilands, Johnson, Suban, Mundy, Ballantyne, Ibbotson, Barlow are all players on average to good coin who can be offloaded/contracts reduced to shed cap...plus Danyle a year later...and more to the point given the players that we're bringing in this year, they can all be replaced with draftees on minimum wage.

Good luck to St Kilda if they think they have a show.

If you could have Kersten OR Hamling who would you have?

For me it would be Kersten I think.

Really? Hamling and it isn't even close. I don't think a single poster on here has seen Kersten play.

Only way he becomes AFL standard is if Ross re-wires him and he works in our game-plan / system because he sure as hell had nothing to show playing under Geelong.

Nathan is a restricted free agent.

Unless he's that adamant that he's leaving that he'd walk into the pre-season draft (Hello Brisbane), we will have no issues matching any offer to him and this should be made very clear.

Sansilands, Johnson, Suban, Mundy, Ballantyne, Ibbotson, Barlow are all players on average to good coin who can be offloaded/contracts reduced to shed cap...plus Danyle a year later...and more to the point given the players that we're bringing in this year, they can all be replaced with draftees on minimum wage.

Good luck to St Kilda if they think they have a show.

But Lach if we play hardball and tell him we'll match there's nothing stopping him asking for a two year contract on good coin in order walking as UFA two years later.

I'd rather we conduct this right with a view of giving him a great contract in the first place and with the CBA coming in I think it will be huge.

I could see five at 1.1 or 1.2 to be honest. Would that be enough?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade Period 2016 - The Live Freo Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back