List Mgmt. Trade Period 2016 - The Live Freo Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If he is going by the brand NF7 it will be hard for him to move to another team. That number does not become free all that often.

Mmm...

Fyfe:- Ok Ill come to Carlton for $2mill a year (thanks Visy) but only on condition that I get number 7 ..I've got an exisiting brand.

Carlton:- Uh...it was all going so well till the number...but sorry you've got Buckleys at the 7 cos Dylans got it!

Yeah Nup

Had someone ask on AFL trade talk the rumours about Fyfe...response...

ASHLEY BROWNE: Pretty much every club in the competition will be crunching the numbers to see whether they could accomodate Fyfe and his presumably hefty contract from 2018. The Blues, Saints and Hawks are three clubs in particular who are said to be having close look. But having said that, I expect him to commit to the Dockers in the long-term. I think the moves Freo have made so far this off-season, with Bradley Hill and Cam McCarthy signed and sealed, and with perhaps Joel Hamling and Shane Kersten to come, would convince him that the club is doing all it can to improve.

Think we'd have prepared to accommodate Fyfe's pending contract extension...it was all about improvement. It reiterates the trades we've done thus far, plus what's coming...certainly a move in the right direction to address our deficiencies. Whilst money is a big factor, Nat's inthe position where any gaps to what he could be offered would be made up from corporate sponsors which he'd no doubt have a lot off, especially in WA.

Cu7n5R1VYAAWZ-y.jpg:large

RTB being sneaky.

Dressing like a young man there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have definitely seen McCarthey dob goals from outside 50. He and Kersten playing on the HF line would be good...mobile and can kick goals from deep out. Tabs I'm less sure he can...at least consistently. If we played Tabs up forward, I'd prefer closer to goals.

Rumours on the Dogs board that we've been in discussions over the weekend regarding trying to get Alex Pearce back to the East Coast.

Thoughts from the Dockers perspective? What would it take in addition to Hamling if he wanted to leave?

Aparently you guys are interested in Lennon.
Would you take a straight swap for Apeness?
Both are under acheivers and I doubt Apeness will get a game ahead of Mcarthy.
#LennonImagine.

Rumours on the Dogs board that we've been in discussions over the weekend regarding trying to get Alex Pearce back to the East Coast.

Thoughts from the Dockers perspective? What would it take in addition to Hamling if he wanted to leave?

Won't happen. Next.

#LennonImagine.
What an awful post, Apeness is a ruck forward and won't be competing for a spot with McCarthy not to mention teams play more than 1 key forward. Apeness is in no way an under achiever, he's been crueler by injury and has never had a full preseason. There is absolutely no way that trade happens. Also why on earth would we be into Lennon?

A.Pearce to Freo supporters is invaluable. Has looked like an AA defender when he strings a few games together. Wouldn't let him go. We have very few good key defenders in his age bracket. If we add Hamling, he remains our best defender under 25.

#LennonImagine.
Apeness is not an under achiever, he has been injured for most of his time here, when he got out on the park he has looked very good.
Just signed 2 years and won't go anywhere, will play 20+ games this season of there are no injuries

He's highly rated at the club, has 2 year left on his contract and he's Tasmanian so you'll be doing well to convince him to leave.
If you did get him to request a trade I imagine Adams would become part of the discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade Period 2016 - The Live Freo Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back