Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are similarities but there are a few major differences that mean Jagga is not on Daicos' level, namely burst acceleration from stoppage directly to goal, power in the hips to shrug tackles, and lace-out kicking penetration. He's nimble without being explosive, doesn't take much ground with ball in hand, his first instinct is lateral, and his kicks just kind of float and aren't long.

He wins the ball and when he gets it a teammate will likely have it next, but they're more likely to be receiving it out wide 80m from goal, whereas Daicos will win the ball in the same spot, arch his back and lace-out a teammate 25 out directly in front.

Maximum damage v safe retention.

Whilst I agree there are differences and didn’t say he was as good, watching him in the Coates League I don’t think this is absolute accurate.

Jagga can be more of death by 50 cuts (possession) then high impact but he has that ability like he showed in the final to move that ball forward and hurt factor more.

I’m not willing to say he’s Daicos level yet, but he’s not worlds apart either.

23rd man so can only come on if we sub someone out during the game?
Na, 23rd man is part of the rotations from minute 1 but they get limited minutes, whether by mandate or convention I'm not sure.

Whilst I agree there are differences and didn’t say he was as good, watching him in the Coates League I don’t think this is absolute accurate.

Jagga can be more of death by 50 cuts (possession) then high impact but he has that ability like he showed in the final to move that ball forward and hurt factor more.

I’m not willing to say he’s Daicos level yet, but he’s not worlds apart either.
He moved it forward more. I'm not sure he did much damage.

You're not taking him ahead of FOS, are you? Or Lombard in an open market? What about Draper (line-ball for me)?

He moved it forward more. I'm not sure he did much damage.

You're not taking him ahead of FOS, are you? Or Lombard in an open market? What about Draper (line-ball for me)?

Disagree on damage. What more could he do?

I am FOS biggest fan, I’ve stated a few times but if we are talking about runs on the board, it’s a no contest right now. If draft was tomorrow, yes I would. In November? I still back in FOS to come good but we will see. Yes in front of Lombard just. Draper again, yes I would. Just. Mainly because of Draper flight risk possibility. Talent levels very similar.

FOS can but he needs to get going. Underdone from a finger injury can only be an excuse for so long.

Question and this may not make 100% sense so let me know but

With pick 1, would u draft the player that is 195cm and around 85kg that plays midfield and can get the ball

or

draft the player that is 185cm and around 75kg but can also get the ball?

Reason I ask is cause these days midfielders are the size of what ruckman / forwards were 20 years ago.

With pick 1, would u draft the player that is 195cm and around 85kg that plays midfield and can get the ball

or

Reason I ask is cause these days midfielders are the size of what ruckman / forwards were 20 years ago.
Option A please.

Much prefer the roll of the dice on the bont/crippa type build to pair with taranto and hopper then ending up with another dow.

Disagree on damage. What more could he do?
Have more than 5 score involvements.

I am FOS biggest fan
No you're not, I am.

, I’ve stated a few times but if we are talking about runs on the board, it’s a no contest right now. If draft was tomorrow, yes I would. In November? I still back in FOS to come good but we will see. Yes in front of Lombard just. Draper again, yes I would. Just. Mainly because of Draper flight risk possibility. Talent levels very similar.

FOS can but he needs to get going. Underdone from a finger injury can only be an excuse for so long.
You don't draft the best under-18 player, you draft the under-18 player who will become the best.

Why is there no chance North would take him second? Yeah he's not a positional need, but most clubs just take best available that early unless they've got 100 first round draft picks like GWS.

Very hard to see Norf picking a smallish or mid-sized midfielder. They’ve got Scheezel, Wardlaw, McKercher, Simpkin, Powell, Phillips, Lazarro… and Duursma probably ends up playing some midfield … then LDU.

Surely they’d go bigger bodied mid or key position? And if they want key position and none are slated for top-end of draft, they’d be a red hot chance to want to split their own pick .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll leave your other comments alone, but on your last point, on what evidence? Historic or actual?
On common sense. Chris Masten had a better draft year than Cotch or Danger. Scully was the best under-18 player in Dusty's year. David Swallow was the best under-18 player in Lynch and Prestia's year. Bryce Gibbs was better in under-18s than Duckwood and Jack. Many rated Andrew McGrath higher than Shai Bolton in their year (not the smart people). Wells proved his genius by trading a future first to get Holmes, who'd played one under-18 game. FJ proved his by being the only recruiter watching Jack in the TSL seniors grand final.

That's what separates the best recruiters from the paint-by-numbers Matt Clarkes of the world. The ability to project, not based necessarily on output but on traits. It's why I - and I suspect you - love FOS.

Draftees should have a better forward line coach

ASSISTANT COACH UNCERTAINTY

RICHMOND assistant coach David Teague's future at Punt Road is unclear as the Tigers head towards the end of their season.

The former Carlton head coach is out of contract at the Tigers having been alongside new coach Adem Yze in his first season at the helm.

Assistant coaches around the competition are reaching the point of the season where clubs give them indications on their futures, with significant change in the coaching ranks last off-season.

Teague joined Richmond at the end of 2021 after two and a half seasons as Carlton's senior coach, having taken on the role after a long apprenticeship as an assistant coach at four clubs.

Yze and Richmond added two assistants at the end of last season, with former Tigers skipper Chris Newman and ex-North Melbourne captain Jack Ziebell joining its coaching panel.

Clubs informally tend to give notice to assistant coaches by the start of August on their plans for the following season. – Callum Twomey

RICHMOND assistant coach David Teague's future at Punt Road is unclear as the Tigers head towards the end of their season.

The former Carlton head coach is out of contract at the Tigers having been alongside new coach Adem Yze in his first season at the helm.

Assistant coaches around the competition are reaching the point of the season where clubs give them indications on their futures, with significant change in the coaching ranks last off-season.

Teague joined Richmond at the end of 2021 after two and a half seasons as Carlton's senior coach, having taken on the role after a long apprenticeship as an assistant coach at four clubs.

Yze and Richmond added two assistants at the end of last season, with former Tigers skipper Chris Newman and ex-North Melbourne captain Jack Ziebell joining its coaching panel.

Clubs informally tend to give notice to assistant coaches by the start of August on their plans for the following season. – Callum Twomey

good get rid of him and upgrade the position

Pretty sure Caro said on FC recently that Teague would be out with a new senior assistant coming in. Not sure about Truck.

Cam Bruce or Troy Chaplin probably two that would be a good fit, given they've got existing relationships with both Yze and Newy.

Pretty sure Caro said on FC recently that Teague would be out with a new senior assistant coming in. Not sure about Truck.

Cam Bruce or Troy Chaplin probably two that would be a good fit, given they've got existing relationships with both Yze and Newy.
Chaplin should be target #1 IMO

or

I want the midfielder who can break away from stoppage and use the ball effectively. A Petracca, not an Oliver. We have blasters but no surgeons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back