Banter TRTT Part 15: David KOCH on Epstein List!!!11!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

After her performance, the 36-year-old Macquarie University lecturer explained she wanted to leave a creative mark.

“All my moves are original,” she told reporters after her performance.

“I was never going to beat these girls on what they do best, the dynamic and the power moves, so I wanted to move differently, be artistic and creative because how many chances do you get in a lifetime to do that on an international stage?

Raygun has a PhD in breakdancing and dance culture and was a ballroom dancer before taking up breaking.

She has now been breaking for 16 years, representing the nation at the World Breaking Championships in 2021, 2022 and 2023.

Should've stuck with ballroom dancing

After her performance, the 36-year-old Macquarie University lecturer explained she wanted to leave a creative mark.

“I was never going to beat these girls on what they do best, the dynamic and the power moves, so I wanted to move differently, be artistic and creative because how many chances do you get in a lifetime to do that on an international stage?

Raygun has a PhD in breakdancing and dance culture and was a ballroom dancer before taking up breaking.

She has now been breaking for 16 years, representing the nation at the World Breaking Championships in 2021, 2022 and 2023.

Based on that I'm assuming she's the founder/president/secretary/only member of the Australian Breakdancing Association or some other similarly named organisation. A month before the Olympics the Australian Olympic Committee have reached out after finding them on Google, having realising we didn't bother to select anyone because they'd forgotten this was even happening.

She is our Eddie the Eagle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She's ascended to level Todd Rixon.

The rest of the world may be having a huge laugh at Australia's expense, but maybe it's us who's mocking this silly event, sending daggy mum Raygun, and apparently our b-boy has an incredibly small penis - how pisstakey is that?

She has coped a lot of flack on social media about her performance.
I think it’s the end of Raygun and Rap as an Olympic sport.

There's been some interesting discussion on Reddit about how she actually came to be the one to represent Australia/Oceania in this event.

She held a privileged position due to her involvement with the dance sport organisation.
Her Phd research was based on the societal aspects of breakdancing culture, in particular its link to lower socio-economic groups using it as a form of expression that required no money, or eduction or privilege to engage in, and be good at.
She 'won' the right to compete by beating only a handful of other dancers in the qualifying competition. (Some reports say that there were only 15 competitors in the Qualifying comp)

So we have a middle-aged white woman, representing a colonialist country, who has 'studied' this urban sub-culture, presumably enough to know its roots and its meaning, who then decides that she is to be the one to represent it on the global stage. Unintentionally making a mockery of the whole sub-culture with her 'interpretation' of it in such a tone-deaf manner.

And now she/her supporters are all crying misogyny with the critical feedback she's received on her performance.
Anna Meares even coming out and saying that she's fantastic and everyone loves her feels like a smokescreen.

Her lame attempts at doing the 'diss' moves on the stage were utterly cringe and made her look way worse than just her routine.

I will give her this though, I haven't laughed so much at something so ridiculous in a very long time.

I give her gold for that.

Edit: just realised which thread this was in. Sorry mods. Probably best suited to the Random Thoughts Thread.

Last edited:
Did Anna Meares really say the Raygun reaction is misogynistic? jeezus does anyone remember laughter

She did and I can believe that there has been plenty of that type of comment. But the bottom line is Raygun was abysmally bad and shouldn't have been representing anyone at the Olympic Games.

No one has asked me to represent Australia at backstroke even though I did it once at a Yr 8 swimming carnival because they were short of numbers. I came last. To be fair, there were no lane markers and I swam diagonally across the pool :p

Did Anna Meares really say the Raygun reaction is misogynistic? jeezus does anyone remember laughter
Imagine thinking any of this memeing was because she is female and not because of you know...the kangarooing

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter TRTT Part 15: David KOCH on Epstein List!!!11!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back