VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Black Rock FNC facebook page is spruiking the fact they have U8s & U9s starting off in the SMJFL next year. Good luck to them in trying to secure a pathway of talent to their senior footy club, but bloody hard work keeping teams together all the way to U18 & then senior footy. Dare say this will upset their close neighbours Beaumaris FC, who draw heavily on kids that live in Black Rock, and also use Donald McDonald reserve on a Sunday for their juniors. Fair chance it will upset other senior clubs in the region who have been knocked back in trying to get junior clubs up and running in the SMJFL for years.
I’m old enough to remember when Black Rock had juniors. There were other junior clubs in that area over the years that have come and gone. Good luck to them and always a good thing to offer other options for locals kids. However Beaumaris have so many teams already that they have probably been turning kids away. I don’t think this will particularly bother them. That area absolutely full of private school kids and powerful junior clubs like Hampton Rovers, East Sandy and East Brighton see the numbers really dwindle beyond U14s/U15s.

While on the subject of start-up juniors – based on other posts it would have required a quorum of other local clubs to support the proposal. Seems those in the Bayside region are a bit more accommodating then those in Glen Eira. If a level playing field was provided to GE Gryphons, which allowed them to develop their own juniors, then they would not have to tap into other recruiting streams. Seems a no brainer really.

While on the subject of start-up juniors – based on other posts it would have required a quorum of other local clubs to support the proposal. Seems those in the Bayside region are a bit more accommodating then those in Glen Eira. If a level playing field was provided to GE Gryphons, which allowed them to develop their own juniors, then they would not have to tap into other recruiting streams. Seems a no brainer really.

Glen Eira love a jumper/name change and would still do the McKinnon deal regardless of admission to SMJFL

Black Rock FNC facebook page is spruiking the fact they have U8s & U9s starting off in the SMJFL next year. Good luck to them in trying to secure a pathway of talent to their senior footy club, but bloody hard work keeping teams together all the way to U18 & then senior footy. Dare say this will upset their close neighbours Beaumaris FC, who draw heavily on kids that live in Black Rock, and also use Donald McDonald reserve on a Sunday for their juniors. Fair chance it will upset other senior clubs in the region who have been knocked back in trying to get junior clubs up and running in the SMJFL for years.
Good luck to Black Rock as the Club seems to be well run now, they inherited Auskick from Beaumaris Nth Primary (700 kids) who needed a bigger ground so they’ve made the most of that good fortune, the step up to Div 2 has certainly tested them before as Clubs are apparently recruiting in that Division to get up to Div 1 so next season will be huge for them, with a new turfed oval and new 2 storey club rooms it’s looking positive

I doubt that they would all be successful with their submission applications.
Still?
Living in the WRFL hinterland and having friends associated with local clubs, I haven’t heard that any are thinking of defecting to the Ammos. That of course doesn’t mean that in the future it could be a potential escape plan.

Sources on this push have stated that should a WRFL club be accepted, it’s a long way from the Dandenong Oblast to the Werribee Oblast. What’s new? Clubs having applied for and if accepted understand that travel within the lower grades is a given. Work upwards and the travel becomes less, except for the occasional away game.

When Willi CYs applied some 40 years ago, the VAFA hierarchy (secretly) attended home games to judge the quality of the club and the temperament of supporters. Club Financials were examined. Local dignitaries, some of whom had played with VAFA Old Collegians’ clubs were contacted, enquiring as to the club’s reputation and standing within the community.

How strict is the acceptance criteria today? In 1984 two clubs were admitted, Willi CYs and Preston Marist Bros OB. Others weren’t successful.

I hope that today’s acceptance criteria for applicant clubs is as thorough as it once was. After the shenanigans of teams in the lower divisions of the VAFA, perhaps due diligence needs to smarten up.

Willi CYs will be more than pleased to have more Western Suburban clubs represented in the VAFA family.

Living in the WRFL hinterland and having friends associated with local clubs, I haven’t heard that any are thinking of defecting to the Ammos. That of course doesn’t mean that in the future it could be a potential escape plan.

Sources on this push have stated that should a WRFL club be accepted, it’s a long way from the Dandenong Oblast to the Werribee Oblast. What’s new? Clubs having applied for and if accepted understand that travel within the lower grades is a given. Work upwards and the travel becomes less, except for the occasional away game.

When Willi CYs applied some 40 years ago, the VAFA hierarchy (secretly) attended home games to judge the quality of the club and the temperament of supporters. Club Financials were examined. Local dignitaries, some of whom had played with VAFA Old Collegians’ clubs were contacted, enquiring as to the club’s reputation and standing within the community.

How strict is the acceptance criteria today? In 1984 two clubs were admitted, Willi CYs and Preston Marist Bros OB. Others weren’t successful.

I hope that today’s acceptance criteria for applicant clubs is as thorough as it once was. After the shenanigans of teams in the lower divisions of the VAFA, perhaps due diligence needs to smarten up.

Willi CYs will be more than pleased to have more Western Suburban clubs represented in the VAFA family.
What shenanigans are you referring to?

Nice to give clubs only a couple of days to digest. Makes me curious.... Problems with the auditor??? Hiding something?

I look forward to the treasurer breaking these down at the AGM (and not here on Bigfooty). Perhaps a few advance questions might help him prepare?

Also assuming old mate from Uni High will tear this to shreds. Directors engaging commercially with clubs via their private business..... One Director resigning from Board and then being "convinced" to return.... Or will he be silent this year now he has his puppet in the chair? That alone will be an interesting watch on the night.

1) How much of additional +/- $250k legal/ other expense was on defending/ settling staff grievances?
2) How much did the league pay out to departing senior staff (outside their legal entitlements) ? eg to get "resignations" from CEO & GM of Business? The rumored amounts are staggering
3) are there any legal matters still open regarding staff?

I am sure clubs will have many more questions about the management of their money on Monday night...

1670461061481.png

Nice to give clubs only a couple of days to digest. Makes me curious.... Problems with the auditor??? Hiding something?

I look forward to the treasurer breaking these down at the AGM (and not here on Bigfooty). Perhaps a few advance questions might help him prepare?

Also assuming old mate from Uni High will tear this to shreds. Directors engaging commercially with clubs via their private business..... One Director resigning from Board and then being "convinced" to return.... Or will he be silent this year now he has his puppet in the chair? That alone will be an interesting watch on the night.

1) How much of additional +/- $250k legal/ other expense was on defending/ settling staff grievances?
2) How much did the league pay out to departing senior staff (outside their legal entitlements) ? eg to get "resignations" from CEO & GM of Business? The rumored amounts are staggering

I am sure clubs will have many more questions about the management of their money on Monday night...

View attachment 1569385
Perhaps you can show what your made of and ask the first series of questions? Seriously smellyhigh legal confidentiality will rule out most of those trivial questions from having to be answered. Much [$$$ out] will have occurred under the old regime!

Got the high knackers to ask a question?

Perhaps you can show what your made of and ask the first series of questions? Seriously smellyhigh legal confidentiality will rule out most of those trivial questions from having to be answered. Much [$$$ out] will have occurred under the old regime!

Got the high knackers to ask a question?
question 4) Why is zeroseven the first one to always defend the current board? LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1569385
Any spud would know that you don't compare to 2021 to 2022. The figures will be all over the place. 11 games to 18.

I’m old enough to remember when Black Rock had juniors. There were other junior clubs in that area over the years that have come and gone. Good luck to them and always a good thing to offer other options for locals kids. However Beaumaris have so many teams already that they have probably been turning kids away. I don’t think this will particularly bother them. That area absolutely full of private school kids and powerful junior clubs like Hampton Rovers, East Sandy and East Brighton see the numbers really dwindle beyond U14s/U15s.

There is 7 junior clubs within a 5km radius of McKinnon, one club having 800+ players, adding another would dilute the pool even further for the other clubs.

View attachment 1569385
Should they show a budgeted and actual column?

Remove this Banner Ad

VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back