VFL VFL 2023 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That or they are saving him for next week,went off early in the 3rd never to be seen again
Just watched back the highlights. Ceglar was still out there 23 minutes into the third. So maybe he was simply eased out of the match as insurance for next weekend. Or he could have a season-ending injury that we'll hear about in roughly a month.

#genuinetossofthecoinwiththisclub

Pretty good again. Last week much better. A very good addition to back stocks (and pinch in ruck)

He impressed me. Always something our list needs so might be an option mid season/end of year. Would like to see morrison play some games in defence too.

I’d be considering bringing in Dempsey for Close this week.
I understand the thinking but Close probably has the runs on the board to give him another week. Really needs to lift though.

I understand the thinking but Close probably has the runs on the board to give him another week. Really needs to lift though.

He’d want to find some form this week as he’s a shadow of what he was last year atm. With the midfield down his game seems to have fallen away too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d be considering bringing in Dempsey for Close this week.
Of course with my bias so would I. But I don’t think they will yet. It seems like Ollie is right in the mix but Close deserves a chance against the weaker teams to find form?

I also think Close is better defensive pressure than ollie? Not quite like for like.

What was interesting in vfl game last night was the role ollie appeared to play. Frankly he was out of sorts in first half (poor) but in second half they had him “tag” Ploughman who had 22 possessions in the first half. Ollie was therefore much deeper in second half. Kept ploughman to 7 possessions and kicked 3 goals.

Wonder whether they are trying to build flexibility into Ollie’s game (heard he has done same role on Stewart in match sim).

Anyway I reckon they leave forward line similar for Gold Coast. But going to be interesting watch as Close has had 3 games in a row where intensity not at the level

Dempsey didn’t kick his first goal until the third quarter and only finished with 7 disposals. That’s not enough to warrant a promotion.
He was poor in first half. Dare I say “close like” from last week. So didn’t say “pick me”. Simpson did in that first half.

Ollie very good in second half but different role (I just did another post on that) - not a close replacement type.

If a chance is made I think it could be Simpson

He was poor in first half. Dare I say “close like” from last week. So didn’t say “pick me”. Simpson did in that first half.

Ollie very good in second half but different role (I just did another post on that) - not a close replacement type.

If a chance is made I think it could be Simpson

How did Knevitt look? 15 kicks, 3 handballs, did he use it well?

Of course with my bias so would I. But I don’t think they will yet. It seems like Ollie is right in the mix but Close deserves a chance against the weaker teams to find form?

I also think Close is better defensive pressure than ollie? Not quite like for like.

What was interesting in vfl game last night was the role ollie appeared to play. Frankly he was out of sorts in first half (poor) but in second half they had him “tag” Ploughman who had 22 possessions in the first half. Ollie was therefore much deeper in second half. Kept ploughman to 7 possessions and kicked 3 goals.

Wonder whether they are trying to build flexibility into Ollie’s game (heard he has done same role on Stewart in match sim).

Anyway I reckon they leave forward line similar for Gold Coast. But going to be interesting watch as Close has had 3 games in a row where intensity not at the level
I think it's a good idea to try and get Ollie to learn a few different spots, he is a project player, who will be given 3 years on the rookie list

I would drop Henry or Rohan for Neale, we don't need both playing.
FWIW. Henry should play at half back... dominated in 2 intra club games there.
Can read the play well and has football nous. Unfortunately hasn't learnt how to tackle.
Neale can replace Stanley. Looked hurt. Pity as we needed him for that last 15 minutes thursday night.

How did Knevitt look? 15 kicks, 3 handballs, did he use it well?
Another one of my favourites. Had had a tougher pre season games I think - but last night he was very good…in particular in the second half. His third quarter he got a lot of it and used it very well.

Last two weeks they are trying to get him to play a “Blitz type role” - in ruck and then on wing. I find it a bit strange as there is only one Blitz and not going to help Mitch get AFL spot imo. Having said that he is doing ok in ruck in VFL and maybe it builds him into the game.

He is a certainty in my view to get another two years (as is Whyte and Dempsey) and I think will make it as part of a core next generation. Either on wing or inside mid

Another one of my favourites. Had had a tougher pre season games I think - but last night he was very good…in particular in the second half. His third quarter he got a lot of it and used it very well.

Last two weeks they are trying to get him to play a “Blitz type role” - in ruck and then on wing. I find it a bit strange as there is only one Blitz and not going to help Mitch get AFL spot imo. Having said that he is doing ok in ruck in VFL and maybe it builds him into the game.

He is a certainty in my view to get another two years (as is Whyte and Dempsey) and I think will make it as part of a core next generation. Either on wing or inside mid
The most impressed I've been with him. Looked very Blics like being everywhere in the last using his running power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back