VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

The HTB interpretation change clearly wasn't mentioned to the VFL umpires.
At least they don’t grandstand + impose themselves upon the game, from the little I’ve seen today.

Don’t know.

Would only be if he was sore…as they could have easily (as you pointed out) managed him this week with no eyebrows raised. I suspect they feel they need his run on that “off wing” role that he played last week.

I think with Mannagh it is simply hold back just in case… hope I am wrong and he finds a way in

In any event that might be good that he is resting this week to play Sydney (maybe just being hopeful)

With the baby on the way isnt it more logical mannagh plays tonight and doesnt go to sydney?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a bit weird to say considering he's played more AFL in previous years but he's clearly gone up a level in the VFL this year.
He and Clohesy been excellent this game. Those two I really hope we can retain on our list for a while to come because I see them growing into really solid Afl players.

He and Clohesy been excellent this game. Those two I really hope we can retain on our list for a while to come because I see them growing into really solid Afl players.
They'll both be regulars next year I reckon. We do these things in cycles while players develop.

2022 it was Holmes, SDK, Zuthrie, & Stengle who made the leap.

2023 it was Bruhn & Henry. I reckon Clark would have joined them permitting health.

2024 it's been Dempsey, Clark, Conway, Mullin, and now Neale seems to be closing in on that too.

Clohesy, Knevitt, Humphries, & COS would be the leading candidates to be the 2025 equivalents.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back