VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously Hawkins would be hoping he can get back play afl and try to win another flag. But would he consider having a run through the vfl finals not just to get him match fit to potentially play afl but he’d be massive for us in the vfl finals. Conciliation prize is he could finish his career with a vfl premiership.

Any one know the player eligibility rules these days
A few years ago you had to have played at least 6 vfl games and also more vfl games than afl games

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
3 VFL games no more than 12 AFL games IF the affiliated AFL side are no longer in finals.

H&A rules stand if the affiliated AFL side is in finals.

Week 1 rules = Players that did not play in AFL round 24 + the sub (I think teams can ask for an exemption here though, im not sure)

I assume everyone except the 22 starters against West Coast are eligible?

I wouldn't be surprised if SDK, Rohan and one of Mullin and Bews all play but only a half.

No bews isnt eligible bc he played rnd 24. But the other players incl rohan and sdk are.

No bews isnt eligible bc he played rnd 24. But the other players incl rohan and sdk are.

You might be right. But in the regular season the sub is eligible to play in the same week like Clark did for us the week of the Gold Coast game. It would be weird for them to decide bring the sub makes you ineligible the following week come finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone seen the selected side for tomorrow? The boys deserve better from the club.

?

Have any of the teams for tomorrow's VFL finals been released - because looking at last weeks wildcard round announcement, they weren't released until Friday afternoon

Don't forget that the AFL have their agreement with Channel 7 for the timing of release of the senior teams on Thursday night

And likely that there's also a schedule for the release of VFL teams - a quick check for the socials of other competing clubs shows no team announcements either

Don't think this ones on the club

?

Have any of the teams for tomorrow's VFL finals been released - because looking at last weeks wildcard round announcement, they weren't released until Friday afternoon

Don't forget that the AFL have their agreement with Channel 7 for the timing of release of the senior teams on Thursday night

And likely that there's also a schedule for the release of VFL teams - a quick check for the socials of other competing clubs shows no team announcements either

Don't think this ones on the club
12.30 fridays. I think

Trying to clarify Jed Bews, but I believe it is a carry over for the Thursday game and he was still eligible to play.

That’s a pretty strong side with 17 afl listed players and really no obvious weakness. Werribbe are a really strong side but we should be able to take it right up to them, should be a good game. It’ll be interesting to see where Dekoning plays.

With only a 5-day break until Thursday we'll probably have a number on managed minutes. SDK for sure and possibly Rohan, Mullin and Knevitt if they're going to be in the squad.

MOC is the interesting one. Is this rushing him back or is he genuinely ready to go? He'd be the ideal sub for finals.

12.30 fridays. I think

Cheers

Don't get me wrong, there's definite areas of communication in which the club could improve

But it does frustrate & annoy me when shit is unnecessarily thrown at them for things outside their control

With only a 5-day break until Thursday we'll probably have a number on managed minutes. SDK for sure and possibly Rohan, Mullin and Knevitt if they're going to be in the squad.

MOC is the interesting one. Is this rushing him back or is he genuinely ready to go? He'd be the ideal sub for finals.

I'm thinking half games for SDK, Rohan & Mullin

And I'm going with Merrick being good to go and that he likely would have had a run in the VFL if they played last weekend

Photos from training last week ahead of the WCE clash, seemed to suggest he was in full training then

That’s a pretty strong side with 17 afl listed players and really no obvious weakness. Werribbe are a really strong side but we should be able to take it right up to them, should be a good game. It’ll be interesting to see where Dekoning plays.
That side would give West coast a run for their money.

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back