WA Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

benhawk

All Australian
May 27, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No television coverage this week in WA. Doubt any pubs will be showing it as the union is on as well.
In regards to next Friday, the Cats game, does anyone know of a place where a. it will be on live and b. some Hawks supporters will be watching.

Cheers.

Don't know the answers to your questions, but thought that I'd voice how screwed over we get with footy coverage over here. I have foxtel and the game will be live on a fox channel into some or all of NSW, ACT and QLD, yet the channel is blocked in Perth, even though both foxtel and free to air will show the Eagles game. Therefore we can't see it anywhere until foxsports shows it sometime after midnight. Makes absolutely no sense!

Yeah, I also pay $100 a month for Foxtel, I even rang them before the Essendon game and asked if I could pay to get the main event coverage that was going to NSW and QLD, they said no of course. Have emailed the AFL but no response it is a friggin joke. Don't think we will be "fortunate" enough to get a replay that night either, it was like 9:00 am Sunday for the Essendon game. The AFL is a dead set disgrace, better off living on the Gold Coast than in a supposedly AFL heartland.

Yeah, I emailed the afl earlier this year about the same issue and didn't get a reply. I just made another inquiry then, in different way to last time, so hopefully I at least get a response, and I would encourage anyone else upset by the broadcast situation to do the same. I went to https://telstra.com/subscriptions/afl/contactus/aflenquiry.asp?

According to the foxtel TV guide on the net, the game will be aired at 12am on Sunday, which, assuming the site doesn't track me to WA, would mean we see it at 10pm on saturday night. At least that's better than the last few times this has happened, but it's still ridiculous that foxsports plus shows the game live into other states, and is blocked in WA when the game isn't on free to air here.

Rang the Inglewood Hotel on Beaufort street, the chick there said they get it delayed at 8pm. She said it will be on in the "backroom" with sound.

Haven't been there before but sounds good to me.

Unfortuanately will have to watch the replay on fox at 8pm. As for next weeks game against Geelong fingers crossed that that the decision is made by the AFL that it needs to be televised live nationwide seeing it is such a big game, though doubt this will happen.

Not in QLD either as the Lions are on both fox and free to air. Not Happy!
It should be on 518 main event channel in QLD it bloody better be had the Lions v Dons last Saturday night on fox & had the Port V North on 518!

Remove this Banner Ad

WA Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back