Watching Freo in Canberra...

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 5, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hey lads

I've just moved to canberra to do a masters at ANU - I know the ACT in General is not a footy mad state, but can any of you who have lived here possibly fill me in on whether there are any good pubs around where I could watch freo play on a regular basis?

If worst comes to worst I might have to get fox footy but that's going to stretch the budget, would rather just head to a good pub.

Any suggestions or am I out of luck?

Hey lads

I've just moved to canberra to do a masters at ANU - I know the ACT in General is not a footy mad state, but can any of you who have lived here possibly fill me in on whether there are any good pubs around where I could watch freo play on a regular basis?

If worst comes to worst I might have to get fox footy but that's going to stretch the budget, would rather just head to a good pub.

Any suggestions or am I out of luck?

Mate I live in Sydney and the AFL app was the best $80 I ever spent last year !! You can watch every game live and re watch any game whenever you want. I also have Apple TV so I just used to watch them on the TV and was just like having Fox. As long as you have wifi at home that would be the way to go.

Mate I live in Sydney and the AFL app was the best $80 I ever spent last year !! You can watch every game live and re watch any game whenever you want. I also have Apple TV so I just used to watch them on the TV and was just like having Fox. As long as you have wifi at home that would be the way to go.

Sweet that actually sounds perfect. So you get Apple TV, put the app on that and watch it through there?

The AFL app this year says Aust/NZ only. So I think it will work in NZ. Don't forget there is a game there and they are trying to break into that market
Good pick up. But we all know that NZ is really just another state of Australia nowadays anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is how you watch Freo in Canberra.

Cold.jpg

I swear I've never been to a colder place.

Damn. Any way to watch internationally?
Buying the app for $80 sounds good.
Then just set up a VPN to trick the APP that you are in Australia.

I used a VPN (I think I used Astrill) in Hong Kong to watch Champions League on the Foxtel app last yr on IPad.

Hey Stormee, i live in Canberra and what FreoFalcon says is definitely on the mark, bloody cold in winter.

On the south side the Eastlake Football Club has a licensed club in Kingston with plenty of beers on tap, a decent bistro and generally shows the AFL games on the big screen. I believe they have premises in Kaleen as well which may offer a similar experience.

Out of interest what is the quality of the video like?

I'm looking to get rid of Foxtel, but I can't really stand subpar streams.

Out of interest what is the quality of the video like?

I'm looking to get rid of Foxtel, but I can't really stand subpar streams.

It is straight from fox. Obviously you have to have an ok internet connection. But I watch them on the road too and it's pretty good. Put it this way I have re subscribed for this year I would not have if it was crap

It is straight from fox. Obviously you have to have an ok internet connection. But I watch them on the road too and it's pretty good. Put it this way I have re subscribed for this year I would not have if it was crap
Just wondering - if you watch on the iPad does it allow you to connect to HDMI?

The Foxtel Go app doesn't allow that (for obvious reasons), but I can't see why the AFL one wouldn't.

Damn. Any way to watch internationally?

I live in Japan and yes, you can watch.
They don't have an app for iPad yet although they have promised one. (Is available for android. I imagine it doesn't comply with the App Store) But you can get the stream live through their website.

http://watchafl.afl.com.au/

I just air played it from my ipad to my Apple TV. Or hdmi does the trick, too.
Also, all nab cup games are free to view. Just need to sign up. From the season proper, you can pay weekly, monthly or a full season subscription

Ps. Am I allowed to post that link? If not I can remove it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching Freo in Canberra...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back