• 50/50

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Not a chance in Hell

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • I'd rather we lose every remaining match

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you guys reckon? Are there any optimists left? Are other teams in the mix even worse?

I still think our "window" is open next year, but this year is done. We need to recognize that like the good clubs do, pack it in and start getting everything ready so we can have a proper preseason. We've seen this year how much of an impact that makes and if we start another preseason with a bunch of players already injured or cooked then next year we won't do anything either.

This year is just another 2019. Get everyone fit, collect the draft picks, launch into next year. No point stumbling into finals in 8th with a bunch of injured/sore/underdone players.

rainbow fan GIF

I still think we are a chance to make finals but I don't really see the point. The team just isn't any good. Don't think I fancy finishing 8th and getting pumped by 5th.
Would much rather finish 13th than creep into the finals and get embarrassed again.

Difference between Pick 7/8 and 14 or so after F/S, academy and FA compo.

I'm leaning towards tanking the rest of the games but apparently the top end of this draft is kind of even so maybe there's unfortunately less point this year to tank.

I just want to ruin some other teams run into finals, that would probably bring the most enjoyment. Like if the Pies strung a few together and then we beat them in the last round to sink them. Sign me up for that.

No chance. Can only see us beating Port. That's it. Giants should win by 10 goals, Dogs are in top 4 form, Suns are too hard to beat at home and the Pies own us. So we'll go 1-4 from here I reckon.

The question being are we still a good chance? Well yes

Are we capable of taking the chance? No

Even if we did qualify for finals i don't see us progressing past week 1

Whatever it takes to get everyone sacked is pretty much what I want to happen. But actual order of preference:

1) all of the below
2) somehow arse another flag
3) fold
4) sack everyone who doesn't actually play footy and also a dozen of the players

I still think our "window" is open next year, but this year is done. We need to recognize that like the good clubs do, pack it in and start getting everything ready so we can have a proper preseason. We've seen this year how much of an impact that makes and if we start another preseason with a bunch of players already injured or cooked then next year we won't do anything either.

This year is just another 2019. Get everyone fit, collect the draft picks, launch into next year. No point stumbling into finals in 8th with a bunch of injured/sore/underdone players.
Bang on Lord Nev. We still have Gawn for 2-3 years and a fit Trac and Clarry are dynamite. We’ve seen some of the younger crew coming through at a rate of knots this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trending downwards for the past three years where you've gone out in straight sets in twice then missed the finals altogether is always a good incidicator of a premiership window being open.
I have money investments in a company you're telling me charting downwards for 3 straight years isn't good? You're an idiot sir

Not wanting to play finals is crazy talk
Finals should always be the goal and I'm sure it is. Although I don't think we're a chance and I hope we keep playing the kids, I'd love to.see us make finals. Seen this club miss finals far too much. Bizarre there's supporters literally cheering on the club to not make it. Should always be the goal

Topkent, powers. Wow, just wow. Pull your heads in. We were a petty/ melksham away from winning the flag last year. Goody’s worst mistake this year was changing our game plan. It was perfect. Look at the pies, they were a fluke and now they are suffering. Sustained success for a club like ours shouldn’t be scoffed at.

Topkent, powers. Wow, just wow. Pull your heads in. We were a petty/ melksham away from winning the flag last year. Goody’s worst mistake this year was changing our game plan. It was perfect. Look at the pies, they were a fluke and now they are suffering. Sustained success for a club like ours shouldn’t be scoffed at.
This has to be a fair dinkum troll. You know Collingwood were missing Nick Daicos when they beat us 😂

But sure Harrison one good game in his career as a forward Petty was the firestarter

I wouldn't bother engaging them mate. Same people posting the same things in every thread over and over. Incredibly boring, and always negative no matter what. It's an insecurity thing, helps them feel like they're in a safe space.

season 7 episode 6 GIF

This has to be a fair dinkum troll. You know Collingwood were missing Nick Daicos when they beat us 😂

But sure Harrison one good game in his career as a forward Petty was the firestarter
Are you a dees supporter or troll? Seriously. Weird past time

I wouldn't bother engaging them mate. Same people posting the same things in every thread over and over. Incredibly boring, and always negative no matter what. It's an insecurity thing, helps them feel like they're in a safe space.

season 7 episode 6 GIF
Yeah the constant put downs and belittling people for having a different opinion is exactly the thing these guys bag Demonland for. It's discrediting the other person to make them feel big. Totally an insecurity thing. Just use the ignore button. They want to belittle and name call. Imagine belittling fellow Dees supporters for wanting to make finals. It's truly bizarre stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

We are still a good chance of making finals

Back