• 50/50

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Not a chance in Hell

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • I'd rather we lose every remaining match

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I honestly hope we miss finals this year and everyone at the club gets a much needed reality check.
We need to switch things up over the off season, even if Goody is still in charge.
Why do people think massive change is going to happen if we finish 10th compared to finishing 8th? Nothing different will happen. We lost straight sets 2 years running and nothing different happened. Goody ain't getting sacked. The way we play isn't going to significantly change with the same coach and same players.

By the sound if it,this draft is very even across the first round. It's not like we're going to gain much of an advantage by finishing a couple of places lower. Will Goody be under anymore pressure than he's been under last 2 years? Maybe. But doubtful. Bevo wasn't under scrutiny under midway through this year with an underperforming Bulldogs. That's 8 years after his flag. The media barely acknowledge how poor Goody has been since the flag. With the injury to Trac and off field drama with Oliver, Gus and Smith, the club have an out.

So I don't really get the 'others need to accept it' line - the majority on here know our list needs a serious revamp to have a crack at a flag.

I also don't buy the 'winning is everything who cares how it looks' attitude, but I get that is your opinion and there would be plenty that share it, as there is plenty that share mine that we've been horrific since round 10 2022 outside half a dozen games.
Since round 10, 2022 we’re 32 wins 25 losses. Against the top 8 we’re 12 wins and 20 losses. Against the top 4 we’re 5 wins and 17 losses (0-6 this year). But against the bottom 10 we’re 20 wins and 5 losses. It’s the last stat that makes me think that our flag window is open. #deenasty#deenasty

Since round 10, 2022 we’re 32 wins 25 losses. Against the top 8 we’re 12 wins and 20 losses. Against the top 4 we’re 5 wins and 17 losses (0-6 this year). But against the bottom 10 we’re 20 wins and 5 losses. It’s the last stat that makes me think that our flag window is open. #deenasty#deenasty

I think the numbers need checking JK as the total wins = 37 and losses = 42.

So essentially we're back to being down hill skiers.

I think the numbers need checking JK as the total wins = 37 and losses = 42.
Top 8 and top 4 shouldn’t be counted twice. I.e. of the 12-20 against the top 8, we’re 5-17 against the top 4 and 7-3 against 5-8.

I've been watching the Dees since the early 70's and one thing I can say is that winning is better than losing.

I think objective and realistic assessment of where we are and what we can do to improve is great but I can't understand wishing we fail. Wishing we lose. Tanking isn't the answer and we of all teams should have learned that.

And there seems to be some that relish in certain players failing.

If we make finals then it can only benefit the team. It means we stood up, showed grit, young players improved and get finals experience and perhaps some belief to come back better next year.

Losing the remaining games just for a few spots on the draft won't make a difference and Goody won't be sacked any time soon.

Last edited:
Bottoming out never guarantees success and languishing at the bottom sucks. We've been there too many times. Can't imagine hoping we lose even one game.

I've been watching the Dees since the early 70's and one thing I can say is that winning is better than losing.

I think I objective and realistic assessment of where we are and what we can do to improve is great but I can't understand wishing we fail. Wishing we lose. Tanking isn't the answer and we of all teams should have learned that.

And there seems to be some that relish in certain players failing.

If we make finals then it can only benefit the team. It means we stood up, showed grit, young players improved and get finals experience and perhaps some belief to come back better next year.

Losing the remaining games just for a few spots on the draft won't make a difference and Goody won't be sacked any time soon.
Careful, great harm will be wished upon you around here for this opinion.

I get the want to move the coach(es) on. I don't think Goody has delivered or is delivering what most could see happening with this list. Is bottoming out the only way this will happen? Maybe. Maybe not. But yeah, I've seen far too many thrashings in my time to want to experience that every week. I go most weeks the club is in Melbourne, and i absolutely love the banter with opposition supporters. So i hate being in the outer and watching us lose. I enjoy going to the footy thinking we're a chance to win. Personally i like that better than going to the footy hoping to pull a win out of our a$$.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo and Geelong both finished in the bottom half last year, there is hope.

But some serious list management decisions need to be made and maybe a new fitness guru and were unable to run out games.
We literally finished the game on top try again nuffington

We won the bloody first quarter as well? Can you do anything but make excuses for shit performance? Or do you just rate the game 'pretty good'

We lost this game due to our inability to execute fundamentals under pressure, coupled with carrying a number of either unfit or injured players.

Apart from the young kids the season has been a waste and were not consistently running out 4 quarters. How is that making an excuse?

We lost this game due to our inability to execute fundamentals under pressure, coupled with carrying a number of either unfit or injured players.

Apart from the young kids the season has been a waste and were not consistently running out 4 quarters. How is that making an excuse?
That's just a list of excuses topped off with 'we can't run out games' which is the go to line when someone has no idea what's actually happening.

We lost because we play a stifling boring dog shit game plan which relies on bursts of scoring, stoppage dominance and star players dominating and our star players are ageing, injured and not dominant.

Blaming fitness after we kicked the last 4 goals of the game and finished on top is downright hilarious

Dying Laughing Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

Remove this Banner Ad

We are still a good chance of making finals

Back