Welcome to the Bulldogs Sam Darcy

Remove this Banner Ad

Sneaky $10 to be put down on first goal scorer if I see him lumbering into our 50 before the first bounce.

I’m continually impressed by how these guys can speak in front of big groups, when they know cameras are on, especially at a young age. That’s not easy and shows that footy clubs are good environments to grow in. Great job from father and son there, nice to watch.

Also, every time you see him he looks ****ing bigger!!! If he trains on and develops like we hope he’ll be an absolute beast.

I’m continually impressed by how these guys can speak in front of big groups, when they know cameras are on, especially at a young age. That’s not easy and shows that footy clubs are good environments to grow in. Great job from father and son there, nice to watch.

Also, every time you see him he looks ******* bigger!!! If he trains on and develops like we hope he’ll be an absolute beast.

Using my special KPP calculator, I predict Sam Darcy will be 247cm tall by the time he is 25. And finally our F50 entry method of recent years of just kicking it randomly into F50 in hope will pay fruit, as he'll just be plucking them with his eyes closed. Astro and JUH will play alongside him as small forwards.

Also, every time you see him he looks ******* bigger!!! If he trains on and develops like we hope he’ll be an absolute beast.
Are they getting media-trained really young now through the TAC program or just naturals?

Darcy, Marra and even Bailey Smith when he started…all super confident and professional as really young blokes on the camera, like straight away.

Used to take 3-4 years before you’d hear boo out of a young bloke.

Lovely speech by dad.
If you don't mind, m37, I'll promote that to brilliant. He touched on a couple of things about his father and linked them through to his son. Don't let the recovering SA accented drawl fool you or any of us, that was crafted and translated into AFL footytalkese. Dave Darcy was my absolute favourite player way back then, to see Luke play and now Sam represent our Club. How many of us get to see 3 generations of genuinely upstanding and decent blokes, who play winning footy, representing our Club ? Dave's drop kicks with no follow through, how did he get that distance ? Of Dave's 2 oldest grandchildren, well at least by Luke's lineage, at such young ages, the other has achieved World Champion status but Sam is going one better. A credit to Sunshine YCW.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A...

That's a long way back. Most U18s who are drafted come from APS / AGS / ACC schools where debating and public speaking is part of the curriculum. The days o the inarticulate bush kid are long gone.

Are they getting media-trained really young now through the TAC program or just naturals?

Darcy, Marra and even Bailey Smith when he started…all super confident and professional as really young blokes on the camera, like straight away.

Big difference is that back in the day the youngsters came from rough and tumble parts of Melbourne and the country. Blue collar. They were rough around the edges and not particularly well educated. Today, I think about half of the players come from private schools, many from the elite schools - so from middle to upper Middle class families; well spoken, polite and confident.

Ah the old pretzel kick into the wind from the boundary.
He’s got all the tricks!
Dog help the opposition… he’s only 19.
And can you tell me, Bevo, why I still can't get to sleep?

And the cattery’s just a replay of last season’s bad defeat

What's this rash selection

Can you tell me what it means?

Dog help us

Darcy’s only nineteen

Then Libba yelled out Contact!

And Tim English swerved and swore

Naughty launched from from 10 yards back, the crowd got up and roared

Sammy kicked a bag the day the astronaut went back

Dog help them, and he's only 19

That's a long way back. Most U18s who are drafted come from APS / AGS / ACC schools where debating and public speaking is part of the curriculum. The days o the inarticulate bush kid are long gone.

Big difference is that back in the day the youngsters came from rough and tumble parts of Melbourne and the country. Blue collar. They were rough around the edges and not particularly well educated. Today, I think about half of the players come from private schools, many from the elite schools - so from middle to upper Middle class families; well spoken, polite and confident.

The layman wouldn't be able to relate to these players nowadays.

I can't relate to these players because of the private school upper class system.

After the siren, Lobb went to Darcy, the 2 embraced and exchanged a few words. I wonder whether Lobb said "see you at pre season training" or "think about coming to Freo" ?

There are very few people who stand above 208cms tall. When they encounter each other it causes a unique bond to speak to someone at eye level for the first time in one's life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the Bulldogs Sam Darcy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back