Autopsy Well beaten v swamsn

Remove this Banner Ad

Not all of them. Billy Frampton and Oleg Markov are premiership players. We carry too many unreliable role players though.

I reckon we carry too many role players that are just bland, they’re not good at anything.
If you lined up the blokes I mentioned (McDonald, Tucker, Pink, Teakle, Stephens, Taylor and Shiels)
and said name your strengths I’m not sure they could answer.

Blues next week, ret least we won't be drinking our own bath water this week

I reckon we carry too many role players that are just bland, they’re not good at anything.
If you lined up the blokes I mentioned (McDonald, Tucker, Pink, Teakle, Stephens, Taylor and Shiels)
and said name your strengths I’m not sure they could answer.
We are certainly in 'take the best available talent' territory when it comes to the draft, far more depth required yet.

This is a tough team to love, typical North fashion to do good one week, and undo it all the next.

This team just cannot turn up on a week to week 4 qtr basis, we have a couple good weeks here and there and ante up a 4 qtr performance that shocker nets a win or nearly does, and anything less than that is way off the mark.

Our best can take it to the best, but our worst is shocking. And everywhere in between we’re just building to that next extreme of the ebb and flow.
When did we "take it to the best"? Promise not trying to be a smart ar$e

I really thought we were past these ordinary days. That should have been 100+.
Yeah, would have been nice to think so.
But our poor list management continues to plague us.
Too many limited players.
By being so poor for so long we have managed to get prime kids like Sheezel and Wardlaw, but we have had so many other missteps that we're still not moving upwards in a meaningful way.

I was at the game live and while our defenders were well beaten, we lost it in the midfield. The lads got pumped in the middle. Everyone had an off day for sure. They all had off days. Sheezel was smooth most of the time. Wardlaw looked a bit underdone and a few of the boys made some shocking turnovers. In the first half there was still the drive and aggro aroun the contest, but it dropped off fast in second half. I knew we'd lose, just hoping it was competitive.

McKercher and Zurhaar and LDU maybe our best?

Alot of tackles just didn't stick, and papley was running riot first half. Swans have reliable depth and are quality outfit.

Not getting enough from Powell/Shiels/Ford atm, I am asking for powell + shiels out this week.

“Growth isn’t linear” is a BS David Noble line that Clarko should stay well away from.

I would have like to have seen a Hardwick style reaction. That was absolutely insipid. Apart from Parker who was sub, their midfield isn’t that much more experienced or older than ours and we got flogged.

I guess it’s hard for Clarko to blame the players totally, when you yourself are making totally inexplicable selections like playing Shiels and dropping Phillips.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst it was an extremely disappointing performance, we've had a great 5 weeks in which you could've been 3 from 5 possibly 4 from 5 before coming to Sydney.
Sydney are too well-disciplined and played the SCG with so much speed from stoppage that we couldn't cope.
Clarko got the WilPhil selection wrong, shoulda dropped Stephens...Larkey missed some real easy goals for him which might have changed a slight course of the game but Swannies showed us why they are flag favourites.

Oh well no point in dwelling why >insert player(s)< or >insert position< were poor, they know that and make up for a better effort against the Carlton next week akin to the last 5 weeks...that is and should be the expectation till the end of the season and l hope this 79pt loss is just an anomaly rather than regressing back to the pre-bye teams.
I think it is but I hope it highlights to the football department that they are going to have to make some hard and probably (un)popular calls on a few players. Sydney were great, they were always going to be switched on they couldn't really afford to lose to us, that would make it three in a row and to a bottom side, but I'll never get my head around players just standing around. I'm aware that there's a transition coming but in the case of a few players it can't come quick enough.

The Titanic never turned. Had it turned 1800 would have lived and we wouldn’t have Jack drowning or Rose being beautiful

Kate Winslet 1990S GIF
It would have circled 5 times, smacked into the iceberg, and Rose still wouldn't have found room for poor Jack on that door.

Spending my afternoon watching North get flogged on all fronts is one thing, but since it was at the SCG I felt like I was stuck in a happy clapper Hillsong convention too. Talk about adding insult to injury..

Bunch of dumb campaigners they are. You know what maybe even makes it worse? They don’t give a shit if they lose. It’s just a days entertainment to them.

We are 17th with a % of 63, Sydney are 1st with a % of 140. The over reactions on here are ridiculous.

Would it have been great to be competitive? Absolutely. Is anyone surprised we weren’t? No.

Last 5 weeks have been a significant improvement, however you don’t go from an all time bad side to a good side inside 5 weeks.

North are to be judged on how they go vs bottom 4-6 sides, not top 4/6 sides. We will continue to get belted by the best sides for the remainder of the year.

A hell of a lot of work to do and we go again next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Well beaten v swamsn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back