Autopsy Well beaten v swamsn

Remove this Banner Ad

The day Gaso gets Instagram - or any form of social media - is further away than the day North play a sixth consecutive decent game.

Thumbs Ok GIF by MOODMAN

In 2001 l went up to Sydney with the club, stayed in the same hotel as the players and also dined with the players and got to get to the inner sanctum and watched this drubbing

R18Sydney5.210.413.822.11143dftdNorth Melbourne1.51.82.133.1836

This side had Simmo, Stevo, Archer, Sinclair, Grant, Harvey and quite a few other well known players so l have been through worse compared to today.
The other grounds dont hold a bar to the SGC when it comes to being our bogey ground.

I saw a ODI at the SCG on New Years Day in 1997

Shittest game of cricket I have seen against the Indies so I left with 20 overs left

Bevo hits the winning shot off the last ball and I’m sitting in a cab at traffic lights

The SCG is garbage

Bunch of dumb campaigners they are. You know what maybe even makes it worse? They don’t give a shit if they lose. It’s just a days entertainment to them.
There was a singles party being held at the game today with the old traffic light wrist bands on. That's how serious they are about footy.

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Some yuk performances today, but ultimately the opposition was too good. Could’ve been 20 goals TBH.

Don’t want to single anyone out, especially a young guy who is going to be a superstar, but my word McKercher had a shocker. Seemed absolutely rattled in that second quarter and just kept making mistakes. I was disappointed we didn’t try him up in the middle/forward once it was clear the game was dusted.

Hard to take any positives out of that one.

Some yuk performances today, but ultimately the opposition was too good. Could’ve been 20 goals TBH.

Don’t want to single anyone out, especially a young guy who is going to be a superstar, but my word McKercher had a shocker. Seemed absolutely rattled in that second quarter and just kept making mistakes. I was disappointed we didn’t try him up in the middle/forward once it was clear the game was dusted.

Hard to take any positives out of that one.

We played “our” Grand Final last week

We have RHJ tearing up the VFL he will be in before the year is out
Im not sure, part of me just wants him to keep doing what he's doing at VFL for the rest of the year and lock in another contract. Let that self belief keep growing, he's still a raw talent, besides if he's going to be a long term player there's no rush.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I expected pretty much exactly what took place. The alignment of them due for a big one and us a down one. I'm just curious to see if we can snap out of it or it takes a few weeks (or years). Not wrapt about facing Carlton again. They match up too well against us.

Also, why does 50m at the SCG look about 25?

Yearly reminder that the SCG is hardly a "postage stamp" unless you lump in Docklands, Giants Stadium, Ballarat Oval, Adelaide Oval, Bellerive and especially Stadium Australia, Kardinia Park and Norwood as well - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06...sis-how-much-do-ground-sizes-matter/101154950

Anyway

About the game - it was to be expected. We've had 5 solid weeks of progress. More than due a disappointing game. Especially against what might be an all-time great team. Hopefully the players are smarting from getting smashed, better understand the standard required to be elite and respond against Carlton.

Last edited:
Yearly reminder that the SCG is hardly a "postage stamp" unless you lump in Docklands, Giants Stadium, Ballarat Oval, Adelaide Oval, Bellerive and especially Stadium Australia, Kardinia Park and Norwood as well - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06...sis-how-much-do-ground-sizes-matter/101154950

Anyway

About the game - it was to be expected. We've had 5 solid weeks of progress. More than due a disappointing game. Hopefully the players are smarting from getting smashed, understand what's required to be elite and respond against Carlton.

The ABC link is a brilliant analysis

Never really thought about the camera angle for the SCG.

You know you had a down day when you let Logan McDonald kick 4.2
Ronald McDonald and the Hamburglar could have kicked 4 each yesterday with that level of supply from the Swans midfield.

Still waiting for Logan to step up and kick a bag against a top side, or win a game at the death. I think he is becoming the Hipwood of the Swans.

Generous.

How about we add Zurhaar and Corr.
I find it funny if all these players being mentioned, but not one mention of McKercher.

Yes he’s young, but easily the worst on for us today.

I could attribute at least 3 of Sydney’s goals to him, if not more. His unwillingness to tackle stood out like a sore thumb.

Yes he’s young and has talent, but if we are going to bag others, chuck him in the pile. He was atrocious.

I was at the game live and while our defenders were well beaten, we lost it in the midfield. The lads got pumped in the middle. Everyone had an off day for sure. They all had off days. Sheezel was smooth most of the time. Wardlaw looked a bit underdone and a few of the boys made some shocking turnovers. In the first half there was still the drive and aggro aroun the contest, but it dropped off fast in second half. I knew we'd lose, just hoping it was competitive.

McKercher and Zurhaar and LDU maybe our best?

Alot of tackles just didn't stick, and papley was running riot first half. Swans have reliable depth and are quality outfit.

Not getting enough from Powell/Shiels/Ford atm, I am asking for powell + shiels out this week.
McKercher was in our worst. Butchered the crap out of it and was weak around the contest.

Don’t let kick out stats cloud judgement on his performance.

22yr old key forward who kicked 32 last year and will improve on that again ths year, he goes alright!
Ronald McDonald and the Hamburglar could have kicked 4 each yesterday with that level of supply from the Swans midfield.

Still waiting for Logan to step up and kick a bag against a top side, or win a game at the death. I think he is becoming the Hipwood of the Swans.

He’s 18 years old ffs
My point is if people want to bag out players, don’t be selective.

18 or not he was one of our worst and put in efforts that were hard to call anything but squibbing.

The kid has talent and should be a gun, but people bagging out others need to take off the rose coloured glasses.

He had 18 kicks yesterday and the Swans kicked 18 points. He took most of the kick outs so do the math.

If you are going to shitcan players, shitcan all the players that were horrible, not because they aren’t your favourites.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Well beaten v swamsn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back