Well done to Ricky Dyson!

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: R. Dyson

I'll start of saying yes i know this is one game, but today he was brilliant. In that first quarter, the bloke was running his heart out. In that second quarter, he brought us alight. Running through the middle and delivering to Lovett, and other times putting it deep.

Then in the last quarter, when the game was there to be won, he stood up. He applied pressure, worked hard and nailed that goal. He gave us life..

Couldn't have said it any better myself Skeeta. :thumbsu:

Lets just not forget , there is a tall hopeless ruckman who everybody loved for a while after he had a blinder on Anzac Day a few years back

this is exactly right, one good game in every 10 is just not good enough. consistancy is what wins premierships and in the end thats what we are playing for.

He should play over Jetta anyday
I totally disagree, ricky and leroy are two totally different players.
Dyson is a ball carrying midfielder with suspect dispossal, (but gee he was impressive today!) if he can reproduce on a regular basis he will never again need to travel up the hume again.
Jetta on the other hand is a small forward who is honestly in most cases the fith to sixth option in our forward setup. (which is basically the hardest position on the ground to be A be noticed and B make an impact)
Leroy at the moment is a little bit light and loses his feet too easily, but i can see that during this season leroy with improve significantly in both of these area's.
So honestly comments like he should play over Jetta anyday make no sense at all!

I have always said Dyson was a good player its on previous threads. But I will be big enough to admit I have bagged out at Stanton.Today I was wrong he played a ripper!!!! Good games Stants and Dyson:thumbsu:

****, what a goal. I was shitting bricks when he had the ball. I thought he was going to look for another option but then he went back and drilled it. Let's hope he can back up this form.

Not me mate, If it's one thing I have always liked about the kid... he can drill goals from an angle, as soon as he grabbed I turned to my mate and told he it was going straight through the middle.

He absolutely killed it out there today.
Always like him, and was great for him to have a fantastic game the way he did out there against the pies.
Hopefully he keeps it up.
He helps out, but today was a ripper by Ricky. :thumbsu:

Re: R. Dyson

i like him personally, always has a dip, sometimes his disposal is terrible but honestly he would have been second or third in the ANZAC medal voting surely. he was a good replacement for mcveigh, another penetrating lefty.

as a big critic of Ricky, I would like today to offer him my absolute respect at the way he stepped up on the big occasion. He stuck it right up his detractors today.

Full credit to the guy. Absolutely sensational effort, and deserves all due credit :thumbsu:

That last goal... given the amount of easy ones that had been missed... I can't speak highly enough of that effort. Well done Ricky

I am Sorry Ricky Dyson.

I am well aware that one game does not make a player. But Ricky has copped it relentlessly on this board and i thaught i would give those of you an opportunity to apologise to Ricky for not having his back even though he tries his best for the red and black week in, week out.
Dyson was tremendous today and the haters can stick it up their fat arses.

Please send in your personal apologies to Ricky for the way you treated him.

Re: I am Sorry Ricky Dyson.

I aggree that he tries each week .... has been hampered with lack of confidence... maybe now he will break out .... great penetration with his kicking...

Played a ripper of a game yesterday besides that massive shank that went out on the full on the wing ;) Easily the best game iv'e seen from him. Well done Ricky :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I sometimes hate him, but yesterday was his best game of his career. no doubt about it.

I am one of his biggest critics but if he can keep playing like he did today then not only will I stop making him my number 1 blame target i'll even buy his badge and wear it proudly with my Hird, Timmy Watson and Wanganeen badges.

Even more suprising was that Shank was his only clanger.

This is the genius of Dyson though. It wasn't a shank. Dyson put it out on the full to lull the Colliwobble defence into a false sense of security. They walked right into our trap!

Seriously though, well done Ricky! :thumbsu:
Some really level-headed decisions with the ball yesterday, and really showing some maturity.

big thing for me was that he played such an important role in a win like that. last year his best games would have been the two against Geelong and Adelaide, where he got about 30 touches in each but we were easily beaten. to have him stand up on the big stage in front of 85,000 people was fantastic, so take a bow, Ricky! :D

At least now he's building some trade value!!! ;)

I was spewing Knights offered him a 2 year contract but was rapt with his game yesterday. Only problem is, now we know what he's capable of, he needs to reproduce it regularly!

Great game Ricky. Head on the chopping block and he really stood up. Can't recall him EVER being anywhere near my votes, but he was just sensational yesterday.

I will shut up about him for now, but I want to see NO LESS than 80% of that level of performance, week in, week out. He might make our best 22 yet!

As Lance said, very tasty humble pie.... yum yum yum. More please!! :thumbsu:

I have to admit that after sticking up for Ricky for many years, last year I started to lose faith. He was certainly playing for his career yesterday and he produced his best ever performance.

Absolute credit to him for come back in the side after being dropped and putting in an almost BOG performance. Now just back it up Ricardo!

Well done!

Best game I have ever seen him play. Have been one of the many knockers who have been asking for him to be cut but this might be the turning point. Another 3 games like that gives you another year at essendon in my view.

Plays better when kicks the ball long, he is more accurate when trying to kick over 40m

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done to Ricky Dyson!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back