What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen one person hug so many others in one day!

Am getting tired of the man love between Treloar and Dunkley, first we get the Ch 7 question and answer segment twice during the game then after the final siren it showed Dunkley hugging Treloar at least 3-4 times on different occasions during their walk off the ground

Am getting tired of the man love between Treloar and Dunkley, first we get the Ch 7 question and answer segment twice during the game then after the final siren it showed Dunkley hugging Treloar at least 3-4 times on different occasions during their walk off the ground

Maybe Dunks is relieved to see the spotlight on someone else.

My preference is that this mateship is enough to keep them together at the Dogs, although they would probably see each other outside footy if both at Vic clubs

Whether it is related to Stef being there, it seems to me Timmy is way more confident in the ruck contests compared to last year. Like the way Stef looks so wired when he is contesting! :D
Stefan Martin interview on SEN this morning. Reinforces how big he will be for English this year and beyond!

I totally agree with Bev on the new sub rule. Suddenly we have 5 players on the bench with the distinct possibility of the rule being exploited. Players with any 'game ending' injury can be replaced and, if not concussed, can play again the following week. If we are led to believe that clubs will interpret the rule according to its intent as purely a medical necessity, then we are being extremely naive. It has been rushed through because of the recent media attention given to the effects of concussion. Perhaps if the sub is used for a concussed player only then it may have credibility. But, this rule needs a lot more discussion and fine tuning or the controversies it will create will drive everybody to drink.
We had a doctor not so long ago who didn’t feel the need to report his club for administering drugs that were not passed for humans so I don’t have any confidence in club doctors being objective

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ve all been saying the same thing

.... omg not kidding, I just walked past Ash Hansen walking his dog in Yarraville while typing this. That’s weird.

But we can’t take the next step without a functioning forward line. Now everyone in the media is saying the same thing. How long is it going to take for the club to listen?

Did you have the same problem with Bubba Smith and Brad Johnson?

We’ve all been saying the same thing

.... omg not kidding, I just walked past Ash Hansen walking his dog in Yarraville while typing this. That’s weird.

But we can’t take the next step without a functioning forward line. Now everyone in the media is saying the same thing. How long is it going to take for the club to listen?

I am sure the club is listening. Was not the functioning of the forward line last weekend it was entries into the forward line, no lowering of the eyes

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am sure the club is listening. Was not the functioning of the forward line last weekend it was entries into the forward line, no lowering of the eyes

I always wonder about that. Chicken and egg right.

Do our forwards know how to lead into space and spread, so there are good options to kick to or are our midfielders really poor by foot and unable to kick to our forwards advantage?

I tend to think it’s the former. Bont, Macrea, Smith, and Libba are all excellent by foot. Hunter is a liability by foot but I don’t think any of our other midfielders are particularly bad.

I always wonder about that. Chicken and egg right.

Do our forwards know how to lead into space and spread, so there are good options to kick to or are our midfielders really poor by foot and unable to kick to our forwards advantage?

I tend to think it’s the former. Bont, Macrea, Smith, and Libba are all excellent by foot. Hunter is a liability by foot but I don’t think any of our other midfielders are particularly bad.
The amount of times forwards create separation from their opponents only to have the ball bombed over or on top of their heads is at least 10 to 15 forward entries per game.

The amount of time we do not kick to the.space of a forward contest where our forwards could protect the space or simply put kicked to our forwards advantage is 5 to 10 times again.

Watch the replay against the pies and you will see it was the top end of each for the pies game.

The amount of times Macrae in particular lowers his eyes and hits up a team-mate is quite high. Macrae Libba and Bont account for no more than 20% of our forward entries.btw it is not just our midfield who have the forward entries. Have a look at a couple of Naughton's when he marked up high

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back