What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

REd on 3AW. They asked him if any of the family had jumped ship from pies to 'Dogs & he said "Yeah, quite a few"....Tony Shaw said "WHAT?!?!?" :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Eddie Murphy Reaction GIF by Laff

Western Bulldogs CEO Ameet Bains says he expects both Aaron Naughton and Tim English to be Dogs players for a long time.

Given the duo are out of contract at the end of next year, the interest from rival clubs has been significant.
But Bains isn't worried.

While English will become a free agent at the end of 2024, Naughton will simply be out of contract meaning that clubs will still have to trade for him, but Bains believes that both Western Australian born players are happy and settled in Footscray.

“While there aren’t on-going contract negotiations or discussions going on right now, Sam Power, who heads up that part of our program (list management), is in regular contact with not only the managers of those guys but other managers,” Bains told SEN’s Crunch Time.

“It’s the (u-18) championships at the moment as you know and that game in Perth yesterday, so I am sure that Sam caught up with the relevant managers including those of Aaron and Tim over there.

“They are critical players and the other thing that I would say to Bulldogs fans is that they are both really settled and committed, and we wouldn’t expect them to be anywhere else at the end of next year.”

The Dogs will be hoping both Naughton and English can have a major impact in the last third of the season as they hunt for a finals berth.

I now have a hankering to drive through the streets of my childhood (West Footscray), while eating a hot donut, and kicking a brown plastic footy.
(It sounds like a scene from an early Weddoes song, e.g. "I ain't been to Brunswick in a long, long time... :()
My early childhood years were also spent in West footscray and they were fond memories. Went to west footscray primary school in the mid 60s and early 70s and lived on Barkly Street about 600 metres from western oval. I often wonder how it all turned out. Remember the milkman with his horse and cart dropping off the milk bottles. It was a great multi cultural place back then with lots of Italians and Greeks and other nationalities. I do know my home was turned into units many many years ago. Anyway, it impacted my love of the dogs for ever and doesn't matter if the team is called footscray or the western bulldogs. It's been 50 years since I've been there and feeling a bit nostalgic at the moment.

My early childhood years were also spent in West footscray and they were fond memories. Went to west footscray primary school in the mid 60s and early 70s and lived on Barkly Street about 600 metres from western oval. I often wonder how it all turned out. Remember the milkman with his horse and cart dropping off the milk bottles. It was a great multi cultural place back then with lots of Italians and Greeks and other nationalities. I do know my home was turned into units many many years ago. Anyway, it impacted my love of the dogs for ever and doesn't matter if the team is called footscray or the western bulldogs. It's been 50 years since I've been there and feeling a bit nostalgic at the moment.
Similar story here. The milko, the bread van. The bottle-o clopping down the lane at the back of the houses. Our house is still there but worth a ridiculous amount now. I’ve driven past a few times. Very proud of the way our club has been developed into a respected and family-friendly part of the AFL with an extremely loyal supporter base.

Anyone see the segment on footy show where Lloyd pointed out the goals Jamarra is missing is from him kicking the wrong side of the footy and kicking the laces 🤯
If that turns out to be the main issue with Jamarras goal kicking and it has been picked up by Matthew Lloyd rather than our coaching staff what an indictment on our coaches that is. Amateur hour stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone see the segment on footy show where Lloyd pointed out the goals Jamarra is missing is from him kicking the wrong side of the footy and kicking the laces 🤯
I’ve just seen it come on twitter. I’ve never known anyone to kick the footy with the laces sideways! Apparently some used to do it upside down consciously. As soon as a footy is in your hand you flip it lace up. When I saw Fergus Greene flip it in his hands many times walking in for shots today you could tell he was going to miss. Plugger never used to twirl the footy on his way in.

I’ve just seen it come on twitter. I’ve never known anyone to kick the footy with the laces sideways! Apparently some used to do it upside down consciously. As soon as a footy is in your hand you flip it lace up. When I saw Fergus Greene flip it in his hands many times walking in for shots today you could tell he was going to miss. Plugger never used to twirl the footy on his way in.
I always used to kick it with the laces up and I never missed. Well I can't remember missing (but I concede it's been a while since I had a shot.)

Anyway my specialty was the right foot torp. Self taught. I could get a lot of distance and it could be very accurate with a bit of practice. It's a beautiful feeling to see it spin and disappear into the far far distance.

If that turns out to be the main issue with Jamarras goal kicking and it has been picked up by Matthew Lloyd rather than our coaching staff what an indictment on our coaches that is. Amateur hour stuff.
i noticed him do it once yesterday, thought it was odd.

in our coaches defence, who the hell does that? its an automatic behaviour to hold it laces up be the time youre 10

i noticed him do it once yesterday, thought it was odd.

in our coaches defence, who the hell does that? its an automatic behaviour to hold it laces up be the time youre 10
One thing I have noticed with Jumarrah

His kicking leg crosses to finish on the right side of the body.
Ie may be taught instep and not straight follow through, but his left foot finishes closer to the right side of his body.

Maybe others can explain.this.
Chrs

Not sure if it is a recurring thing, as Lloyd said he'd only observed it once on the weekend and hadn't checked previous games to see if it had occurred before. Perhaps some Bigfooty detectives could put in the research.

For the sake of perspective it’s worth having a look at the melts on the Melbourne board.

Plenty calling for Goodwin’s head and saying his game plan and selections are costing them a golden era etc. A lot of it reads like a copy paste job from our board after a loss.

Goodwin isn’t going a great job with arguably the best list in the AFL, definitely one of the top 3-4. Melbourne are effectively 50/50 win loss since this time last year without really any long term injuries to key players until Oliver’s right now.

Their forward line is poor despite having a couple of guns there in Fritsch and Kozzie, and if Fritsch misses extended time with his foot injury today then I don’t know how they score enough to beat any decent team. Petracca is a gun but his kicking, particularly for goal, is getting substantially worse.

Their melts might be somewhat justified. But I’m here for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back