Which club do you want to draft Luke Ball?

Remove this Banner Ad

lol vossy thinks he's playing afl 2004 i swear, has had a crack at everyone!

If it works though...

In my view more people should be thinking like Voss on the matter, players are entitled to say "i want to go here" and set money (if available) to try and ensure it, but this is completely irrelevant to most every club if they feel that the player could benefit their list, they should have every right to make a play for him or get him if they think he's worth the pick. None of this "oh he only wants to go here, damn, we can cover everything else but he's being a petulant child." crap that is the current status quo.

If Voss does get him, more power to the man and Luke better learn to suck it up quick smart.

That .gif sums it up pretty much perfectly.

****ing hell Luke, couldn't have told us this in Trade week? We coulda bundled Pick 16 with him for Lovett and Pick 10 or 26.

I'd rather see him at Essendon than Collingwood to be honest.

But Lions and Dees more so. :D

It's pretty weak of him to skip town and refuse to talk to anyone that's not Essendon or Collingwood. Respect lost. Melbourne, Fremantle and Port need to grow some balls, pretend they're playing playstation with Vossy and pull the trigger. Plenty of lolz to be had if that happened.

who cares where he goes now, all this just keeps reminding me how we fluffed the trade. Ess will take him. We could have got a 2nd round pick and a player if it wasnt bodged so badly.
Good luck to him though. Who ever gets him just got the bargain of the decade.

Who ever gets him just got the bargain of the decade.

I can offer you 500,000 reasons every year why that statement is simply not true.

If it works though...

In my view more people should be thinking like Voss on the matter, players are entitled to say "i want to go here" and set money (if available) to try and ensure it, but this is completely irrelevant to most every club if they feel that the player could benefit their list, they should have every right to make a play for him or get him if they think he's worth the pick. None of this "oh he only wants to go here, damn, we can cover everything else but he's being a petulant child." crap that is the current status quo.

If Voss does get him, more power to the man and Luke better learn to suck it up quick smart.

Wonder if X has had a phonecall yet.
" Gday, X, mate, its Luke here ". "Yeah good mate but listen , can you stop telling everyone what a good bloke i am." "Yeah I'm glad you feel that way but for F*** sake stop telling them". "I know you don't like lying to your new teammates when they ask you, but tell them I'm on drugs or I screw children or something". "For F*** sake X, If you dont tell them I'm a C*** I'll prove to you how much of a c*** I can be"

Oh boy, Freo, make all our dreams come true...

Tell you what. IF Ball ends up at a crap club, especially Freo, where there is NO light at the end of the tunnel, nobody, and I mean NOBODY, will ever stuff around with Ross Lyon again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now hes nominated essendon as a possible club. Hes losing more and more respect from us saints fans by the day, if hed nominated essendon in the first place we couldve done a straight swap for lovett and wed still have our first round pick.

Ball and McPhee have the same manager.
I'm starting to think this Connors bloke isn't really worried about screwing clubs over for the benefit of a guaranteed games, a few extra $$$ or another year.
More fool to the players involved if they're letting him do it.

He is being a smartarse and is being irresponsible to the players association in a way.
As a member of the players associaton he is pushing for free trade. But with his actions he is showing how the draft can be manipulated. I can't see why a new player in the draft could not be sent on a nice vacation by the club that wants him to prevent him talking to other clubs.
Lukes actions may result in a "tightening" of the drafting rules, forcing the players to make themselves and their medical records available to all enquiring teams, or forfeit their spot on the draft list.

I'd love Melbourne to draft Ball and dare him to sit out of football. If he doesn't train with them, they can sack him for breach of contract and not pay a dime.

I'm amazed that there would be no interest from Ball in being at the forefront of the on-field recovery of one of the game's formation clubs. At 25yo, he has the chance to become a cherished player, rather than be at a club whose supporters have sniffed at him with disinterest (they are probably lying just in case he goes elsewhere, so they can tell the world how crap he is).

The Gods hate hubris

and we'll see soon what they have in store for Luke who appears more and more an

arrogant smartarse.

I hope as much as anyone here that we draft him regardless of what he wants. The way he's been carrying on latley, he doesn't derserve to be where he wants. I'm with this board on the issue, hopefully we take him (or freo or something lol)

I'd love Melbourne to draft Ball and dare him to sit out of football. If he doesn't train with them, they can sack him for breach of contract and not pay a dime.
I doubt they could. It would be very difficult to prove he was not executing the contract properly. An effort clause? It would more be about wasting money on players that seeking damages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which club do you want to draft Luke Ball?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back