Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both are and were solid citizens when at my mob. If George can manage his back he will continue to be a top 10 player. He has that rare quality at Carlton at being interested in defence. Carlton has a profligate defence and currently gives up big scores.
Only four clubs gave up fewer points than us in 2023. In 2024, we have only recently been able to play our settled defence and have kept four out of five top-8 teams in a row to under 77 points (with a poor game against Sydney where Weitering went down at HT being the only outlier).

Oh I see Uncle fester is back - no longer calling his bunch of blondie fluffs a 'middling team' - gone all chest puffy now Feste? - Is the elimination final a long lost memory a bad dream?

LOL at June Premiers almost as funny as the flukey flag win from your Caringbush mates.

Golves off if you blokes want to talk crapola - lets go for for it!

OR as your mate Fudgey Wudgewy says

GO!

Oh, no-one minds Jabba. I actually think it ridiculous so many people have him on ignore. Sure he is fatuous and ignorant but he means well. If only that mean kid had not nicked his Kouta doll, things may have turned out better.

So give him a break.

Same goes for the rest of that terribly damaged Blues contingent.

Imagine being the butt of peoples jokes for a quarter of a century. Even the seven North families have laughed at Carlton.

In all honesty Naicos really does bleed black & white.

His season is shaping up to be yet another runner up in the brownlow in typical colliwobbles fashion. Expected but still so delicious 🤌

The real question is how many runner ups will he get in his career?

Oh, no-one minds Jabba. I actually think it ridiculous so many people have him on ignore. Sure he is fatuous and ignorant but he means well. If only that mean kid had not nicked his Kouta doll, things may have turned out better.

So give him a break.

Same goes for the rest of that terribly damaged Blues contingent.

Imagine being the butt of peoples jokes for a quarter of a century. Even the seven North families have laughed at Carlton.
its mental giants like you and Fudgey that make your little worlds of nuffery go round - explains your poor choice of Clubs to support a - but hey keep swinging and missing Uncle Fester

Handing out lessons from a supporter of a club that was banished from Melbourne, and continue to get handouts so they are competitive

If they weren't handed COLA assisted flags, they would be extinct

And COLA is coming back.

The closest to a single malt your ilk get to is the flafgon of port you've got stashed away - for special occassions.

Please use spellcheck. It helps your credibility when trying to be a snob. I’m sure our friends at … checks notes …. Collingwood will show you mercy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please use spellcheck. It helps your credibility when trying to be a snob. I’m sure our friends at … checks notes …. Collingwood will show you mercy.

Didn't yoiu get teh memo Fester ? Fudgey has added Grammarly to busted abacuses ..

And COLA is coming back.
Fair enough too, when a family chook cut into eighths and a large chips costs $36 dollars! I’d rather stick a needle in my eye than live in that shit hole.

I’d prefer they go back to South Melbourne where they were immensely successful.

Fair enough too, when a family chook cut into eighths and a large chips costs $36 dollars! I’d rather stick a needle in my eye than live in that shit hole.

I’d prefer they go back to South Melbourne where they were immensely successful.
it is ok mate - Fester knows nothing about Shitney anyway - only ugly bogans go to watch AFL in Sydney the proper folk go to the rugby and play golf.

Paid $46 for chorizo sausage, bacon and 2 eggs on a couple of pieces of sourdough and a choccie milkshake my first day in the hellhole, some ****can cafe a few doors down from the Opera house. Couldn't believe my eyes when the waiter gave me the bill.

It only took a distinguishable triple wooden spoon ara of 92,93,and 94 ( that's impressively hard to do) for the AFL to step in and take full control if the poor old swannies situation to get their annual leg up. It continues to this day through their academy.
Point is, every side has been laughed at and sometimes a little reminder doesn't go astray. You know, glass house and all ....

Last edited:
A beautiful story and sorry for the loss of your Dad. I spent a lot of time in that area at the Loaded Dog and then the Circuit Bar. Smashed many a Burger at Danny's, probably sitting next to your old boy. Glad he got to go out beating the Pies. My Foster Mum who took me from the long grass camps and saved my life, instilled a love of the Pies in me, died 5 minutes after Jamie Elliott sunk that goal against the Blues. We were all watching it with her in hospital. We love our Pies or Blues, we love our footy, we love the Banter but sometimes we get the slap across the face to tell us there are more important things in life. I will join you for a Burger there one day. My shout.
The good old Circuit - I'd love to say how good that joint was but always found myself too inebriated to remember. And that was as a first stop on the way in to the Gas, then finally the tunnel for breakfast drinks. No wonder my brain is fried these days.

The good old Circuit - I'd love to say how good that joint was but always found myself too inebriated to remember. And that was as a first stop on the way in to the Gas, then finally the tunnel for breakfast drinks. No wonder my brain is fried these days.

Won the fish bowl a few times on the wheel (or whatever it was called). Used to watch Relax with Max there quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back