Prediction Who will the club draft ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hamish will pick someone no one has even considered @ 13 or 16.
We will not trade up to a higher pick.
There will be a lot of gnashing of teeth about how Hamish got it wrong.
In the long run, he will be proven to be correct.
At least 2 top ten prospects will be a bust. I wouldn't be surprised if that number is higher.
In the first few rounds of the season, a rookie will blitz it only to fall in a heap and never produce that form again.
A sub 40 pick will turn out to be a superstar.
You know its going to happen.

While I’d really like a Rankine and a couple of Hamish specials, I don’t think we’ll do any pick bidding.

Think the first 4 picks will be Walsh, Luko, Rankine, M. King. Port bid on Blakey, matched by Sydney then take B. King. Caldwell to GC, Smith to Bulldogs.

At our first pick, we take Rozee. Have a feeling GWS, Port and Cats will snap up Jordan Clarke, Chayce Jones and Butters respectively. At our next pick, I think we take Jackson Hately. I think we reach for Bailey Williams at our third, leaving the last for a Hamish Special - someone like Bytel would be a steal if he can reproduce his 2017/pre-injury form.

In short:

8: Rozee
13: Hately
16: Williams
21: Bytel

Yeah but all the phantom drafts say that
Yep. Unoriginal, I know. But I just have the feeling we’re leaning towards picking up some talented youngsters...

But for what it’s worth (not much - I have zero idea how this all plays out), I’ll go:

Pick 8 - Caldwell
Pick 13 - Stocker
Pick 16 - Sturt
Pick 21 - Williams

Pick 8 --- Caldwell ( really hope Rozee falls to there but doubt )
Pick 13 --- Hately
Pick 16 ---Williams
Pick 21 -- Sturt

Really want Williams so put at 16 so don't miss on him but Hamish likely hold till 21
O'Halloran or Valente would be next guess.
Hope use pick 73 especially if don't get Williams to get another tall.

Pick 8 - Jones
Pick 13 - Hately
Pick 16 - McLennan
Pick 21 - Sparrow

Jones is the perect midfielder for us, to me he is what we wanted B.Crouch to be.. with injurys i say jones bolts to us

My one hope is that at some stage Gold Coast pick a player and the camera scans directly to the players face, where he frowns and shakes his head in disappointment. Will be very funny. AFL will crap themselves over it.
Something like this from Rankine would be gold;
giphy.gif

My one hope is that at some stage Gold Coast pick a player and the camera scans directly to the players face, where he frowns and shakes his head in disappointment. Will be very funny. AFL will crap themselves over it.
Something like this from Rankine would be gold;
giphy.gif
858294910.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think history will repeat itself and SA talent will slide except for the first 2.

8. Rozee
13. Butters
16. Hately
21. Trade for 2019 picks

If we don’t get Rozee I reckon B. King

Rozee won't get past Port they will want SA talent to sell it to their members - they are desperate for Rankine but won't get him they won't let Rozee get to us or anyone else I don't think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Who will the club draft ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back