whos got the best young list

Remove this Banner Ad

Because the majority of Melbourne supporters rate their youngsters better than North even though they have never beaten the North youngsters.

Anyway, any thread titled "best young list" or "best side under 22 years and 173 days" etc. is guaranteed to attract a high ratio of complete rubbish.

agreed. the rubbish level in this thread is astounding, again performance and talent are different things, are Melbourne Collingwood's equal?? no. Are Essendon better than the Saints? no.

Melbourne and North are obviously a much closer comparison then those two and i think North are currently ahead of us development wise, next year there should be some interesting clashes between the two teams

Hayden isn't a quality small defender anymore. He probably isn't even in our best 22 anymore. We probably have one of the best small defenders in the comp in Broughton. Duffield and Ibbotson can play that role comfortably as well.
Silvagni will be our FB/CHB. Sibosado or Faulks will develop into the other. Anthony (likely) will be our FF, and Pav still has plenty of time left in him. We can sit him at FF for his twilight years. haha the fact that you bring thornton, dodd and solomon into your argument just proves that you have no idea. Johnson can also hold down a key position spot.
I'd much prefer Ballantyne sitting at FF then any of your backup key position players.

Youd prefer Ballantyne at FF to Mitch Brown?

I'm making the point because the thread title in itself means shit.

Other teams are of course trying to do that, with various degrees of success.

I'm comparing to Melbourne because our teams are of similar ages and you guys have more high draft picks than us. Yet we keep beating you. Its a legitimate comparison.

fair enough, comparisons of Melbourne and North are wearing very thin on me to be honest, from both parties. I will be very interested to see the results of North vs Melbourne games next year as this will be probably the second year in the last 4 or 5 that we are relatively even

Youd prefer Ballantyne at FF to Mitch Brown?

Whats the point in having a key forward who can't actually do anything? Just because he is tall doesn't mean he is actually any good.
At least Ballantyne would provide a contest, chase, tackle and can kick a goal. In our structure yes I'd much prefer Ballantyne in the forward line by himself at FF than someone like Mitch Brown.

fair enough, comparisons of Melbourne and North are wearing very thin on me to be honest, from both parties. I will be very interested to see the results of North vs Melbourne games next year as this will be probably the second year in the last 4 or 5 that we are relatively even

Yeah, but the reality is that with you guys having two years of number 1 pick (and one with two) you are the new benchmark in these 'draft picks vs team' type discussions.

and its Peter Fauks time and me laughing in the aisle somewhere

If we lose a KPP we call up Mitch Brown, B.Jones, than J.Jones, than god forbid we 4 or 5 go down we get to Lynch and Hansen

So what you're saying is that we can replace our kpb with the current vfl fb of the year and you can replace your op affected champion fb with 4 spuds and a kid who's been injured? Your right...I am laughing

Yeah, but the reality is that with you guys having two years of number 1 pick (and one with two) you are the new benchmark in these 'draft picks vs team' type discussions.

You do realise that you've been beating us before our young talent has matured to a sufficient level to start influencing the outcomes of games ? Ergo, your beating us doesn't equate to you having kids as good, or better than us ?

Btw, spare me "the average" age argument from last time we met. Our more senior players simply haven't been overly influential players. We haven't had a Boomer Harvey on our list for a while.

2012 is when we'll start making major inroads, although I do expect a 7-10 finish in 2011.

You do realise that you've been beating us before our young talent has matured to a sufficient level to start influencing the outcomes of games ? Ergo, your beating us doesn't equate to you having kids as good, or better than us ?

Btw, spare me "the average" age argument from last time we met. Our more senior players simply haven't been overly influential players. We haven't had a Boomer Harvey on our list for a while.

2012 is when we'll start making major inroads, although I do expect a 7-10 finish in 2011.
So, on that rational when our young talent develops in a year or two and is combined with our influential senior players we will still beat you guys?

Here is Melbournes B&F results, only Frwaley would be considered a young player. Seems your senior players were influential enough to take out 6 of the top 7 B&F spots.

1 - Brad Green (295)
2 - James Frawley (277)
3 - Mark Jamar (231)
4 - Aaron Davey (194)
5 - Colin Sylvia (170)
6 - Cameron Bruce (168)
7 - Brent Moloney (166)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is Melbournes B&F results, only Frwaley would be considered a young player. Seems your senior players were influential enough to take out 6 of the top 7 B&F spots.

1 - Brad Green (295)
2 - James Frawley (277)
3 - Mark Jamar (231)
4 - Aaron Davey (194)
5 - Colin Sylvia (170)
6 - Cameron Bruce (168)
7 - Brent Moloney (166)

haha

game. set. MATCH.

I think North and Melboure are very simular to what Geelong and the Saints were in 2002. It remains to be seen who will win the flags though.

Melbourne are adopting the Cats style and gameplan, while North are adopting there attitude. Could be a intresting few years.

1 - Brad Green (295)
2 - James Frawley (277)
3 - Mark Jamar (231)
4 - Aaron Davey (194)
5 - Colin Sylvia (170)
6 - Cameron Bruce (168)
7 - Brent Moloney (166)

Beating North Melbourne is Melbournes greatest challenge in 2011.

Many Dees fans won't publicly acknowledge that, but deep down in their hearts they have the North games pencilled in as must wins, as part of their 2011 objectives.

1 - Brad Green (295)
2 - James Frawley (277)
3 - Mark Jamar (231)
4 - Aaron Davey (194)
5 - Colin Sylvia (170)
6 - Cameron Bruce (168)
7 - Brent Moloney (166)

LOL at the Melbourne supporters disappearing after this post.

Quality :thumbsu:

Lol at the fact he chose top 7 when Scully came 8th

and how is North's B&F looking?? winner and placers all under the age of 23 surely?? no your top 8 consisted of these senior players, Rawlings, Harvey, Firrito, Wells and Grima

anyone who thinks that having experienced players winning and placing well in a BF isn't normal for a developing club or ANY club for that matter has no idea about footy :thumbsu:

anyway as i have said, north's better performed younger players are about 2 years further in their development than ours e.g. Swallow, Greenwood, Goldstein and Adams all around the 22 mark

ours are all around the 19-20 mark atm e.g. Scully, Trengove, Watts, Grimes

If Grimes, Jurrah and Petterd had played full seasons they would have finished top 10. Scully and Garland finished 8+9.

What argument does this settle? None.

Melbourne's young talent is just that - young. Why are people expecting the likes of Scully, Trengove, Watts to carry the side now. The name of the game for Melbourne for the next year or two is to get gametime in to our young players.
The exciting thing for Melbourne fans is that the likes of Tapscott, Blease and Strauss are yet to establish themselves. That Grimes, Morton, Scully, Trengove, Watts, Bennell, Frawley, Garland, Jurrah will only get better. And that when these guys have notched up 40-50-100 games together, they will be a scary unit.

Lol at the fact he chose top 7 when Scully came 8th

and how is North's B&F looking?? winner and placers all under the age of 23 surely??

anyone who thinks that having experienced players winning and placing well in a BF isn't normal for a developing club or ANY club for that matter has no idea about footy :thumbsu:
swallow finished runner up and is 23
leigh adams 4th under 23
bastinac, goldy and greenwood all under 23 also and all finished top 10
thats half our top 10 under 23

Remove this Banner Ad

whos got the best young list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back