whos got the best young list

Remove this Banner Ad

Beating North Melbourne is Melbournes greatest challenge in 2011.

Many Dees fans won't publicly acknowledge that, but deep down in their hearts they have the North games pencilled in as must wins, as part of their 2011 objectives.

haha why is that? i couldn't give a **** if we lose to North, as long as it isn't in the finals...

swallow finished runner up and is 23
leigh adams 4th under 23
bastinac, goldy and greenwood all under 23 also and all finished top 10
thats half our top 10 under 23

and are they or are they not all more experienced then Melbourne's youngsters?? Watts, Gysberts, Scully, Trengove, Bennell, Strauss, Taspcott, etc.. all 20 and under

wasn't your quesstion about under 23's now its under 20 all of a sudden?

What does it matter, the aggregate age of your team is higher than Melbourne's.
The reason Melbourne fans are excited is because all through the 2010 season, we saw moments (no, obviously we aren't at the top 8 level consistently yet) of amazing football from a lot of our young guys, and it is a glimpse of hope in the future.

wasn't your quesstion about under 23's now its under 20 all of a sudden?

it wasn't a question, it was a sarcastic comment ...

also 4 of our top 10 are under 23 soooo.... 1 difference isn't that much

What does it matter, the aggregate age of your team is higher than Melbourne's.
The reason Melbourne fans are excited is because all through the 2010 season, we saw moments (no, obviously we aren't at the top 8 level consistently yet) of amazing football from a lot of our young guys, and it is a glimpse of hope in the future.
it matters because he initially asked "winner and placers all under the age of 23 surely??" and when i responded that half our top 10 was under 23 he changed his tune to under 20's to suit his argument and completely ignored the fact

it matters because he initially asked "winner and placers all under the age of 23 surely??" and when i responded that half our top 10 was under 23 he changed his tune to under 20's to suit his argument and completely ignored the fact

i said winners and placers.... i.e 1,2 and 3.... then you said our top 10 had 5 under 23's... how was that relevant to my (alleged) question?

haha why is that? i couldn't give a **** if we lose to North, as long as it isn't in the finals...

North stand between Melbourne and the crown for the heir apparent.

485397levigreenwood.jpg

Levi can smell your fear. He thrives on it.

If by "young" you mean teenagers, then we're nowhere near it. We've traded out of the last few drafts, although we do have some promising players from late picks [as does every side]. But if it's 23 and under, it's the Pies by a long way. I think it's 13 premiership players, plus Harry who just turned 24 from memory.

The Dees and Roos both looking the goods in the really young category. They're nowhere near as proven as our guys, but both have loads of potential and some runs on the board. Don't know why there is so much hate for the Bombers, they're not that bad.

Rewind 2 years and everyone was saying the Hawks. So nothing is certain in footy. The Pies, Dees and Roos could go backwards, and the Bombers could turn into a premiership side. Though in our defense, we've been there abouts for 4 years...

i said winners and placers.... i.e 1,2 and 3.... then you said our top 10 had 5 under 23's... how was that relevant to my (alleged) question?

ok well swallow runner up followed by adams now how many of your "winners and placers" are under 23?

relevant enough for you, can't wait for the answer to my question:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and are they or are they not all more experienced then Melbourne's youngsters?? Watts, Gysberts, Scully, Trengove, Bennell, Strauss, Taspcott, etc.. all 20 and under

Experienced, or older?

They are two different things.

Tom Scully is currently 2 games less experienced than Leigh Adams......

Nathan Grima has played 30 games..

These two are more physically developed due to their age, absolutely.

But to discribe them as "experienced players in your B&F" is a fair way off the mark.

ok well swallow runner up followed by adams now how many of your "winners and placers" are under 23?

relevant enough for you, can't wait for the answer to my question:)

adams came 4th bro :thumbsu:

and we also had one under 23, Frawley who, like Swallow, came runner up

Its funny how the thread has just degenerated into a pissing contest between North and Dees supporters.

Tbh, if i was a Dee's supporter and my team didnt have better youth than the Roo's after finishing bottom four the last few years i'd be verry disappointed

FWIW,

Collingwood - Youngest team since the 1979 hawks (iirc) to win a premiership, 13 premiership players under 23
Fremantle - Reality check guys, their kids got them into finals and could almost be disappointed on missing top 4 especially considering where they finished in 09. With their additions already plus someone like Jack Anthony, sweet fancy moses thats a good list
Dee's - Its a close call between the dees and north and i almost cant split them but melbourne were playing a really good brand of football at times this yr. Not to mention the fact that their kids took it to a lot of good teams this year, including the pies
Roos - toss up between them and the dees but i just think theres a lot more raw skill in the Demons youth than the Roos, dont ask me why though, lol
Gold Coast - Need i explain ?

Imo i think Freo, North and the Dee's all will be Flag threats in the next 3-4 years maybe sooner...i wouldnt be too concerned about the list now

Experienced, or older?

They are two different things.

Tom Scully is currently 2 games less experienced than Leigh Adams......

Nathan Grima has played 30 games..

These two are more physically developed due to their age, absolutely.

But to discribe them as "experienced players in your B&F" is a fair way off the mark.

yeah i agree, mistake by me, i was attempting to refer more to development (which should be backed up by what some of my other posts have said about north being ahead in terms of development)

Its funny how the thread has just degenerated into a pissing contest between North and Dees supporters.

Tbh, if i was a Dee's supporter and my team didnt have better youth than the Roo's after finishing bottom four the last few years i'd be verry disappointed
thats what i love most. they have had better picks yet its clear that both sides are very even, and at this stage we look better, hence i am loving our recruiting staff

Melbourne's shortcoming is not talent, it is hardness.

Ziebell, Cunnington, Greenwood and Swallow terrify them.

We have it over them psychologically.

That's not a troll, it's a fact.

Lol at the fact he chose top 7 when Scully came 8th

and how is North's B&F looking?? winner and placers all under the age of 23 surely?? no your top 8 consisted of these senior players, Rawlings, Harvey, Firrito, Wells and Grima

anyone who thinks that having experienced players winning and placing well in a BF isn't normal for a developing club or ANY club for that matter has no idea about footy :thumbsu:

anyway as i have said, north's better performed younger players are about 2 years further in their development than ours e.g. Swallow, Greenwood, Goldstein and Adams all around the 22 mark

ours are all around the 19-20 mark atm e.g. Scully, Trengove, Watts, Grimes

No one is disputing that buddy.

Hannabal claims that your young players carried your side in 2010. The BnF results clearly contradict this.

That's all.

Also, yes we have good young players around 22. Just like Melbourne do.

However you are being selective by mentioning them in comparison to Scully, Trengove, Watts and Grimes.

You can compare them with the equally promising: Cunnington, Ziebell, Wright and Bastinac.

So basically that point is invalid.

No one is disputing that buddy.

Hannabal claims that your young players carried your side in 2010. The BnF results clearly contradict this.

That's all.

Also, yes we have good young players around 22. Just like Melbourne do.

However you are being selective by mentioning them in comparison to Scully, Trengove, Watts and Grimes.

You can compare them with the equally promising: Cunnington, Ziebell, Wright and Bastinac.

So basically that point is invalid.
100% agree, quoted for awesomeness

Seems a bit out of place. Do you rate him that highly?

Absolutely, I do.

Many at North Melbourne rate him amongst our most promising youngsters after he improved dramatically in the latter part of last year.

He averaged 14 possesions and just under 3 goals a game to go with his Rising Star nomination in the last five games of the season.

He adds a touch of class and skill that we lack in the forward line. He is already a very important player for us and being so young, he should continue to improve.

Remove this Banner Ad

whos got the best young list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back