whos got the best young list

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you even have young players?

This is how I feel when vics talk about WCE they have no clue who is on our list at all there always atleast 10 mistakes in names when they commentate us.

I cant wait for next year seriously I like that we are tipped for spoon it will make it all soo much sweeter.

The only Edge Ess have on us is they dont travel.

This is how I feel when vics talk about WCE they have no clue who is on our list at all there always atleast 10 mistakes in names when they commentate us.

I cant wait for next year seriously I like that we are tipped for spoon it will make it all soo much sweeter.

I will happily take any bets on a 2-1 basis on us for the spoon. If we get the spoon i'll double whatever you outlay. Watch richmond have second year blues under hardwick and melbourne struggle badly when opposition coaches take them seriously this year. Freo a darkie for the spoon if pav and sandi go down with major injuries.

We comprehensively beat you every single time we play you.

Do you even have young players?
Oh wow, great argument. Up until this year we had a 6 game winning streak against Carlton. Does that mean our list and season performance shits all over theirs from 07-09?? Course not. ****ing stupid argument.

Ah, course, it's only a one way street that Victorians have nfi about WAers.

This time last year your mob had a keen eye on finals action in 2010, like Essendon, and failed miserably, like Essendon. Your list is in no better shape then ours. To suggest otherwise implies you're clueless.

Hurley first year - 16 possesions per game, 6 marks (matchwinning performance which put Essensdon into the finals. Also had scalps like Riewoldt and Tredrea)

Griffiths - 3.5 disposals per game, 0.8 marks per game.

Richmond supporters are seriously deluded.

So possession wise Hurley may have had the better 1st year who gives a rats , does that prove my statement that Astbury and Griffiths as 1st year players had better than some , NO !!
You sir appear to lack the ability to comprehend and why am I not surprised ? :) :)

Who said anything about being bitter? Deledio will be 24 next year, hardly "young" considering a reference point above was for players 22 or younger.

Richmond
'88 - Grigg (*), Riewoldt (68 games), Edwards (69), Conners (24), Webberley (10), [Houli]
'89 - Farmer (20), Gourdis (3), Nason (19), Rance (25), Post (14),
'90 - Cotchin (42), Vickery (23), Browne (5)
'91 - Astbury (17), Martin (21), Grimes (1), Taylor (4), Griffiths (8), Dea (3)

Essendon
'88 - Ryder (94), Jetta (27), Gumbleton (22), Hardingham (6), Hooker (36), [Neagle]
'89 - Reimers (40), Myers (22), Bellchambers (14), Daniher (6)
'90 - Zaharakis (30), Pears (38), Hurley (29)
'91 - Long (0), Colyer (11), Melksham (14), Carlisle (3)

Definitely got Richmond covered for talent. Elite KPs much harder to draft than elite midfielders as well.

WTF do you mean by the highlighted numbers?

are they years?

ages?

Potential?

Telephne numbers?

I will happily take any bets on a 2-1 basis on us for the spoon. If we get the spoon i'll double whatever you outlay. Watch richmond have second year blues under hardwick and melbourne struggle badly when opposition coaches take them seriously this year. Freo a darkie for the spoon if pav and sandi go down with major injuries.

Gee West Coast fans are starting to repeat this ad nauseum, I suppose it's the only hope you have of beating us.

"if a team loses its 2 best players they wont be so good derp" :rolleyes:

Re: Who's Got the Best Young List?

If you want to see terrible watch Naitanuis games this year (NAB cup against no Essendon rucks excluded)

Naitanui played all 22 games for the Eagles in 2010 (a lot of AFL listed big men his age are struggling to get just one game), improved his averages in every statistical category bar tackles (just a drop of 0.5 per game, but still averaged 3.4 per game, which is good for a ruckman, particularly of his age), and established a Champion Data Player Ranking score average 14 points higher than in his first season (one of the biggest improvers in the league in that particular stat), showing that his overall statistical impact was much greater. Obviously stats aren't everything, but there's nothing there to say that he didn't improve greatly on his first season. He might not have been dominant or pulling highlight reel moments out every week (if he was, he'd probably be incorrectly labelled "all flash" a la Dale Thomas once upon a time), but what did people realistically expect from a second-year ruckman?

As for the specific thread topic, I'm still yet to see anything top this:

Collingwood 23 and Under (born after December 31, 1986)

B: Alan Toovey - Nathan Brown - Tyson Goldsack
HB: Simon Buckley - Ben Reid - Scott Reed
C: Steele Sidebottom - Sharrod Wellingham - Dayne Beams
HF: Brent Macaffer - Travis Cloke - John McCarthy
F: Brad Dick - Chris Dawes - Jarryd Blair
R: Cameron Wood - Scott Pendlebury - Dale Thomas
I: Lachlan Keeffe - Luke Rounds - Josh Thomas - Ben Sinclair

13 Premiership players in bold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i'd like to think that after beating melbourne twice last year that we have proved their list is not better than ours, in fact i cannot even remember the last time they beat us, myabe 3+years ago. so to anyone in the future who are going to claim melbourne has a better list than north please enlighten me as to why and dont even try use the number 1 picks as a reason. jack watts has shown nothing but i do think he will get better however i have more faith in lachie hansen.

and how long did it take lachie hansen to start performing at a good standard???

5 years was it???

Watts has shown enough, but judging from your response i don't think you would watch too carefully what other clubs players do

no, just that their opinion differs from yours :thumbsu:

More than half our 2010 Premiership side (13 players) come from our 23 or under group. What more do our young players have to do to prove themselves over Melbourne's "potential"?

He might not have been dominant or pulling highlight reel moments out every week (if he was, he'd probably be incorrectly labelled "all flash" a la Dale Thomas once upon a time), but what did people realistically expect from a second-year ruckman?
Your error was assuming w=l thinks or posts realistically.

Collingwood have an amazingly strong performing group of youngsters. They really do play as team, which lifts the performance of everyone.

I think Adelaide's young players are underrated, and they will be a big improver next season.

Oh wow, great argument. Up until this year we had a 6 game winning streak against Carlton. Does that mean our list and season performance shits all over theirs from 07-09?? Course not. ****ing stupid argument.
Ah, course, it's only a one way street that Victorians have nfi about WAers.

This time last year your mob had a keen eye on finals action in 2010, like Essendon, and failed miserably, like Essendon. Your list is in no better shape then ours. To suggest otherwise implies you're clueless.

Our list is in much better shape.

Your best 22's this year have been based on experience, eg Watson, Fletcher, etc playing. And you have been consistently failing.

Our 22 this year has been basically our under 21 team. I remember at one stage we had a younger team than the team that Fremantle took to Tasmania (which everyone thought was insane). Basically the main reason we won the spoon (and the fact that Priddis, A.Selwood, etc are shit senior players.)

We have young players coming up, and our team basically consisted of these young players each week. Essendon does not; basically relying on these older senior players because your youngsters are basically nonexistant. We still finished within 3 wins of you.

Would be interesting to go back and have a look at these types of threads that were done 3 plus years ago and compare to which teams were considered to be the best young talent and how the teams developed.

Collingwood is a good example. 3 or 4 years ago I'm pretty sure they weren't rated that well but now they really are leading the way with young talent.

Roos are no where near Carlton, Melbourne, Collingwood in terms of having a good young list.
lol carlton...round 12 still hurting mate. enlighten me as to why you think "we are nowhere near carlton" ill give u the benefit of the doubt assuming u are mentally unstable,blind or still in primary school

More than half our 2010 Premiership side (13 players) come from our 23 or under group. What more do our young players have to do to prove themselves over Melbourne's "potential"?

no i don't disagree with the fact collingwood has the best young list, simply with the statement that anyone who doesn't think so is an idiot

Gee West Coast fans are starting to repeat this ad nauseum, I suppose it's the only hope you have of beating us.

"if a team loses its 2 best players they wont be so good derp" :rolleyes:

I still like the look of Freo's list but not sure if they will repeat the performance of this year. Largely because the domination was from a lot of unknown guys who all started to play well at the same time, clubs do a lot of homework over the pre-season about every player's strength and weakness and matchups on relatively new players improve during the second year which often contributes to second year blues.

The concern was later on in the year a lot of flaws were started to be exposed and when you were a few quality guys down it put a lot more pressure on the leaders.

I still like Freo's squad, a lot of good talent there. When is Barlow expected to be able to play?

Remove this Banner Ad

whos got the best young list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back