whos got the best young list

Remove this Banner Ad

Ryder is coming of one of his worst year in his career for that reason isnt he.... He played alot of time in the ruck and he well sucked

Id of expected him to get more than 10th TBH given the amount of time he did spend in the ruck overall

What a croc of rubbish.

Name me a ruckman with a greater output than Ryder at 22 years of age. Kreuzer possibly, but he did his knee half way through '10, M Clark struggled this year after almost being AA the previous year. They're the only two young ruckman who you could possibly put in front of Ryder.

What a croc of rubbish.

Name me a ruckman with a greater output than Ryder at 22 years of age. Kreuzer possibly, but he did his knee half way through '10, M Clark struggled this year after almost being AA the previous year. They're the only two young ruckman who you could possibly put in front of Ryder.

Leunberger, Goldstein have both been better

Ryder didnt even finish top 10 in your best and fairest (14th IIRC) so to name him one of the best young ruckmen of his generation is a tad naive

Ryder didnt even finish top 10 in your best and fairest (14th IIRC) so to name him one of the best young ruckmen of his generation is a tad naive
And one year's BnF results are therefore indicative of his peformance over the next decade?

Jesus H Christ embers

Ryder is coming of one of his worst year in his career for that reason isnt he.... He played alot of time in the ruck and he well sucked
Sucked is harsh.
Probably his 2nd best year.
Most of the guys above him, bar Mumford & Cox, had pretty much #1 spot and not a lot of back-up. Played about 4 or 5 shockers, 2 of them against your mob, but was decent (without being standout) most of the rest.

Id of expected him to get more than 10th TBH given the amount of time he did spend in the ruck overall
If he sucks, and he's not a ruckman, why should he even be in the top 50??? Muppet.
He had to share with Hille, who got a fair bit of time, I'd say about 70/30.
Not like Sandi or Jolly or Bogan who basically got the entire year in the ruck.
Average year, sure; but can clearly ruck.

No, there's just a difference between 10-20 promising games and 10-20 ordinary games "but the kid has potential".

The only difference was one defense had Dustin Fletcher in it and the other didnt. He is the difference between 10-20 ordinary games and 10-20 promising ones. Take the experience out of your defense and guys like Hooker would not be doing much better than Schofield. That I guarantee

The only difference was one defense had Dustin Fletcher in it and the other didnt. He is the difference between 10-20 ordinary games and 10-20 promising ones. Take the experience out of your defense and guys like Hooker would not be doing much better than Schofield. That I guarantee
No, give us a midfield that doesn't expose our young KPs every single time for cover and Pears would've gained the recognition Frawley got this year.

LOL I'm not even going to bother.

What's next? Eric Mackenzie has more talent than Michael Hurley?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best Young Lists:
Melbourne.
Freo.
Gold Coast.
Richmond.
Collingwood.

Worst List:
Essendon.

Considering you haven't even mentioned North or Adelaide in your list, I'm going to take your opinion as meaning **** all.

West Coast and/or Essendon come out and win 9 plus games next year (which they did in 2009 - what a stretch!) and others **** all, you'll be coming out saying that WCE and Essendon have promising lists, yadda, yadda, ya.

1. Collingwood- premiership filled with super talented young players speaks for itself

2. Gold Coast- it kills me how good these guys are going to be. After draft day they will have so much incredible talent it will be scary

3 Melbourne- no denying they have young amazing talent all over the field. Add to that first rounders who will only make their first real impact next year (Gysberts, Tapscott, Blease, Strauss, Gawn), shows there young talent will be scary in years to come

4. Freo- have some terrific older players to help carry some of their younger players, but no doubting Freo have some of the best young talent in the afl. best decision they made was just to focus on young, drafting so many great youngsters over the last 3 years

5. North- North bitch and moan how they should be number 1 and how everyone ignores them, but this is probably where they deserve to be. Have some awesome young talent, but not as much of it as Freo or Melbourne and not as evenly spread over the field. Regardless, they will improve a lot in the next 2 years as Cunnington, Ziebell, Hansen, Greenwood etc start to play consistent footy

Astbury wouldn't get a game infront of:

Hooker, Hurley, Pears and Fletcher in the backline

Whilst Griffiths wouldn't get a game infront of:

Gumbleton, Ryder, Carlisle in the forwardline.

I didn't state that every player named in the Richmond under 23 was better than every player listed by others Essendon under 23
Side . Could only find 2 positions that you are better off
In ? Given Astbury and Griffiths are only first year players you'd expect others to be in front of them , also who's this under 23 key defender Fletcher you speak of ?

West Coast and/or Essendon come out and win 9 plus games next year (which they did in 2009 - what a stretch!) and others **** all, you'll be coming out saying that WCE and Essendon have promising lists, yadda, yadda, ya.

No they won't, it'll be "Essendon played above themselves because of it being Hird's first year!". I've already seen that "excuse" on BF by an opposition supporter.

That would akin to me saying that Colyer and Zaharakis would be your most important midfielders in 12 months. Get a grip.

Astbury is like a taller version of Hurley. He's put on at least 5kg this preseason. We're all pretty excited down at tigerland about him :cool:. I like Hooker, Hurley and Pears though. Astbury just needs more experience then he'll be more talked about. Mcguane is a pretty good stopper. Dunno why the hell some of our supporters don't like him. I think they've forgotten how good a stopper he is and those 4 or 5 turnovers he did for the season have really brainwashed them ;)

What qualifies as young, under 21?

Gold Coast simply by weight of numbers.

Remove this Banner Ad

whos got the best young list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back