Willi V North Ballarat - June 10th

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rochester FC, Waroona FC, Pacers
2007 TRUenergy VFL Seniors (progressive score)

Williamstown 6.9 10.18 . .
North Ballarat 4.4 7.5 . .

2007 TRUenergy VFL Reserves

Williamstown 6.8 9.11 12.14 20.18 (138)
North Ballarat 2.1 4.4 8.7 8.11 (59)

GOALS:
Williamstown: Cook 4 Foley 3 Miller 2 Boyd 2 Long 2 Lyons Clark Cravino Dullard Beaumont Stretton Grossman
North Ballarat: Urch 3 Micallef 2 Morgan McHugh Limb

BEST:
Williamstown: Grossman Keddell Cook Miller Beaumont Boyd
North Ballarat: Drew Raworth Hartigan Sharkey Schultz Clifton

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Williamstown: Nil
North Ballarat: Nil

No Stanley I hear. Insurance policy for tomorrow I guess. Looks like he is next in line at the moment.

2007 TRUenergy VFL Seniors
Williamstown 6.9 10.18 15.21 18.25 (133)
North Ballarat 4.4 7.5 10.11 13.15 (93)

GOALS:
Williamstown: Limbach 4 Rose 3 Dick 3 MacAffer 2 Clarke 2 Reid Wellingham Lonie Williams
North Ballarat: Gregg 4 Hughes 2 Riggio Whyman George Cartledge Roach Dinnell Goodes

BEST:
Williamstown: Iles McKenzie Rose Clarke Richards Picken
North Ballarat: Roach Grima Whyman Goodes George Hughes

REPORTED PLAYERS:

*heath will play, Stanley will also,

2007 TRUenergy VFL Seniors
Williamstown 6.9 10.18 15.21 18.25 (133)
North Ballarat 4.4 7.5 10.11 13.15 (93)

GOALS:
Williamstown: Limbach 4 Rose 3 Dick 3 MacAffer 2 Clarke 2 Reid Wellingham Lonie Williams
North Ballarat: Gregg 4 Hughes 2 Riggio Whyman George Cartledge Roach Dinnell Goodes

BEST:
Williamstown: Iles McKenzie Rose Clarke Richards Picken
North Ballarat: Roach Grima Whyman Goodes George Hughes

REPORTED PLAYERS:

*heath will play, Stanley will also,
is north ballarat the unaffiliated side? i just want to know who stretch rucked against?

Nth Ballarat are aligned with the Roos. There Ruckmen is Ex- Bomber Tristan Cartledge. He is probably the inform ruckmen in the VFL at the moment. He was best on ground last week in Nth Ballarats win over the Zebras and played for Victoria in the recent state game vs. WA.

Not a big Richards fan but sounds like he did well today. I will be looking forward to reading the match report.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nth Ballarat are aligned with the Roos. There Ruckmen is Ex- Bomber Tristan Cartledge. He is probably the inform ruckmen in the VFL at the moment. He was best on ground last week in Nth Ballarats win over the Zebras and played for Victoria in the recent state game vs. WA.

Not a big Richards fan but sounds like he did well today. I will be looking forward to reading the match report.

Cartledge is he any cahnce of being taken pre season, or for that matter any ruckman we can get ready made from the VFL?

Braved the cold sou-westerly wind to see a Collingwood heavy Williamstown defeat North Ballarat. The skewed scoring shot tally stil doesn't tell the story of how dominant Willi was. If only they cold convert more efficiently.

Wellingham: As per my accidental post (which was wrong), this kid dominated. As picked up by attendees last week, Wellingham is impressing as an inside midfielder. I originally had him pegged as an outside player with good finishing skills. Today, there were hints of Justin Sherman in the way he went about it. Loves the fight inside and streams out of contests at will. Strong overhead. Still raw and did the odd wrong thing, but he will be a very good AFL standard player. No doubt about it. That he is not in the official best is laughable! Clear BOG.

Irish: What's not to love about this kid? Is like the Duracel bunny, just keeps going and going. Will fight to the death for a positive result. Good hustle, good overhead and god footskills. Played defence all day and streamed forward for two goals.

Davies: Was everywhere and had a stack of it. Is just too weak at marking, ground and tackling contests, combined with crap kicking and ordinary decision making to make it at AFL. Sad but true.

Iles: Was particularly good today. Perhaps the best game I've seen him play at any level. Still manages to put in a sub-VFL standard stuff up about once a quarter though.

Richards: Was terrible at the ruck contests early, but improved as the game went on. Was good around the ground, although as per Iles & Davies, the complete groan worthy stuff ups have to be eliminated if they are to ever see AFL long term. Probably wont happen for the three of them though unfortunately.

Lica: Was typically Lica. His kicking is sub-par (even for him) at the minute. Still did pretty well at the contests and worked hard. Good hitout.

Lonie: Took me until the third quarter to see that it was Lones. I thought Willi had simply picked up a fairly athletic and tall midfielder, and gave him a peculiar number (#67). Kicked a goal and did ok, but will need heaps more time before he gets a recall & OP is not something you get over immediately anyway.

Reid: Was not disgraced, but did look a bit lost when playing as a leading forward. Was better when he played around the ground as a follower. A bit Josh-like in that respect. Played ruck for brief periods. Didn't win any hitouts, at the centre (bad bounces) but was very good at boundary throw ins. Still very raw, but was the youngest bloke on the ground.

Cox: Had some nice runs, but didn't have a whole lot to do. The ball was mostly going our way. Should be more committed to aerial contests, but his ground work and athletiuc pace (and some sublime handballs) make me think he shouldn't be wasted at this level. Better served playing with the big boys.

Brown: Does the odd dumb thing, but I am of the opinion that his errors are quite coachable. What you can't coach is his build and athleticism. Mistakes aside, he is generally pretty smart, especially when the play is live. Had some strong marks and spoils. I doubt he'll ever be a ball magnet. But he will be a player and he will (partly) fill the concerns raised last year about our key defensive holes. Those who are overly pessimistic have no need to be IMO.

Dick: Wasn't prolific, but was there abouts. The best thing about him is he is a goal machine. Sets up or kicks multiple goals per game off his own bat. 3 goals this arvo. Good pick up.

MacAffer: Did ok. Started off well with a strong mark and goal. Is a strong mark generally and not a shabby kick. Made some dumb errors though and it's hard to see the AFL level potential. Doesn't seem quick enough on the lead to not get eaten up by AFL defenders and didn't impress me acccross the middle. Still, not a bad performance on the day.

Cook: Doesn't have a single attribute that will ever see him rise to AFL level. Battler unfortunately.

Nicholls: Good VFL player.

Good work, FIGJAM. I couldn't make it to Burbank Oval, so I appreciate the time you (happily) gave up today.

Sharrod Wellingham has probably been our most consistent 'first-year' player at this point. He's a ball magnet and he uses it well. I'm not a betting man, but I would put my house on Sharrod getting promoted to the senior list at the end of the year.

Clarke's very impressive - give us something new! ;)

trained very well on friday so i would be surpised if he doesnt play, holland is the one i wouldnt be surpised if he pulled out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back