You don't owe the Adelaide Football Club anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Normally I get over losses pretty quick but this one seemed to hurt for some reason. Didn't help with all the antagonistic Essendon supporters around the cbd. I never rub it in to oppo supporters. Never
What hurt is not backing bloody Essendon when I knew we would lose.

Are you really wasting everyone's time by running a purely semantical argument about the word toxic?

Even then they're wrong, it can be effectively argued based on available evidence that the Crows are an organisation suffering from a type of toxic culture as is it considered in literature. I'd do it, but why waste the effort on someone with their head up their own arse.

I'll weigh the decision at renewal time I suppose.

I can say that I didnt watch the Gold Coast game, which is a first, and I'm pretty sure I won't go to the St Kilda game, which is a first.

I'm getting closer to the point where the AFC won't be a part of my life.

My attendance hinges entirely on whether we bring in 3 young players and drop 3 older losers.

Fages is happy as long as people are turning up, and the AFC has no shortage of people willing to line up for another bowl of slop.

The coaches are happy as long as their best mates are getting games and we scrape into finals.

The players are happy getting paid to have a laugh with their mates. Brodie Smith on the wireless after the game having a great time yukking it up about wearing the wrong guernsey.

No one has any real want or need for a flag. In fact it seems a lot of them don't really care if they win or lose week to week. They're all content with where they are.

Yet we're supposed to show up rain, hail or shine and "support tha boyz like a real supporter or go and follow tha mob down the road!!!"
This nails it.

It's just a 9 to 5 for them nowadays. No one ever mentions striving to win a premiership like they used to when they were young and full of drive

The players are happy getting paid to have a laugh with their mates. Brodie Smith on the wireless after the game having a great time yukking it up about wearing the wrong guernsey.
No one has any real want or need for a flag. In fact it seems a lot of them don't really care if they win or lose week to week. They're all content with where they are.
It's because their performances have no accountability. They do not hold themselves responsible for failing because they are not made to be responsible. The nepotism that got Ricciuto on the Board (great player, not an Administrator's ahole) has seen Campo retained well past his use-by date and incompetent failures like Burton, Hass and Hart re-employed. Similarly, underperforming senior players are re-selected weekly.
Drugs Are Bad Mackay? made good observations in another thread about the players' what's-the-point? attitude.
It's like rust. Once started it will spread inevitably, unless dealt with immediately.
What we tolerate, in general, we get more of. True in life and of the Crows, who are rusting out of the 8.

It's because their performances have no accountability. They do not hold themselves responsible for failing because they are not made to be responsible. The nepotism that got Ricciuto on the Board (great player, not an Administrator's ahole) has seen Campo retained well past his use-by date and incompetent failures like Burton, Hass and Hart re-employed. Similarly, underperforming senior players are re-selected weekly.
Drugs Are Bad Mackay? made good observations in another thread about the players' what's-the-point? attitude.
It's like rust. Once started it will spread inevitably, unless dealt with immediately.
What we tolerate, in general, we get more of. True in life and of the Crows, who are rusting out of the 8.
So how do you explain them "putting" in for the 1st half against all the top teams we played this year. They should just start the game shit then....?

This nails it.

It's just a 9 to 5 for them nowadays. No one ever mentions striving to win a premiership like they used to when they were young and full of drive
I found it interesting after the loss to Port that Campo came out and made that statement about emotion

I think this group has had all its emotions drained out of them. Whether thats a deliberate ploy by the players/psychs after the overwhelming emotion of the PW tragedy or its a side effect of the coach and his personality.

I am also coming around to the idea of changing our no dickheads policy. I wonder if our innate bankers conservatism is stifling the group.

No man buns allowed

So how do you explain them "putting" in for the 1st half against all the top teams we played this year. They should just start the game s**t then....?
Because at half time the ''jobs done boys'' sign goes up. It actually re-inforces this comfortable feeling the players have.

So how do you explain them "putting" in for the 1st half against all the top teams we played this year. They should just start the game s**t then....?
Of course not. :mad:
If you want to disagree and discuss, fine/welcome, but please don't ask me silly rhetorical questions.

Please also keep in mind that after they "put in" and got to a five-goal lead or so, they got done in massive turnarounds by WCE, Geelong, PA and Essendon. That's four times, 3 out of the last 4 games, not an isolated one-off. It's a trend, for which the players are responsible (the Coaches don't tell them to back off after getting ahead) but have not been held accountable.
I think the underperforming senior players who are retained, or re-selected, think along the lines of:
"Whew! Got another game. That was close. I better put in this week", and do so ...
... for a half of football. You want explanations? Explain that. Please.

Speaking of accountability, the people responsible for the Collective Mindlessness debacle (Admin/coaches), the hamstring injuries that crippled our 2018 Season (Burton/Hass), the lack of two-way running and random delivery by our Mids (Campo) and our disastrous forward structure (Hart) were all re-employed by the Club after they stuffed up convincingly last year.
Think on this, because this is just one example of the Club's incompetence --- Ben Hart, whom we sacked, whom Collingwood sacked, was re-employed by the jobs-for-the-boys system in an area NOT of his speciality (defence), as the Crows' FORWARD COACH. There is no rational Universe in which that makes any sense. It cannot have a positive outcome.
The message to those people, the players, and to us is that mistakes/poor decisions/underperformance will be tolerated --- and as a result we get more of the same, week after week.

I don’t owe them anything.
Perhaps however they owe me.
They owe all of us a committed four-quarter effort, every game.
They owe us by making incompetent Administrators/Assistants/players accountable. Sack the incompetent Admin/Assistants, drop underperforming players.
They owe us innovation and changes, when existing structures/set-ups/game style break down.

They owe us, big-time.

Pyke probably should have been tapped after the grand final
No. Coaches who take teams to losses in a GF are retained as reward for getting there.
Scott/ Bolton/ Richardson are gone because they failed.

However, it's nearly 2 seasons later and we are playing much worse now than then (2017, not the GF).
I think Pyke is in trouble.
Either he takes control, brings in his own assistants (totally shattering the jobs-for-the-boys regime) and is given the chance to rebuild his way,
OR
the Club needs to find someone who will.
Doesn't look to me that either will happen; not with this Board/Chairman, not while nepotism rules. The decision-makers are not going to decide to unemploy themselves, unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because at half time the ''jobs done boys'' sign goes up. It actually re-inforces this comfortable feeling the players have.
That’s one take.
What about another: all our missed shots caused a general deflation in team moods and hastens the fatigue level?

Had we kicked a couple more instead of the misses, the Dons would have no hope in hell to do a come back.

No. Coaches who take teams to losses in a GF are retained as reward for getting there.

However, it's nearly 2 seasons later and we are playing much worse now than then (2017, not the GF).
Either he takes control, brings in his own assistants (totally shattering the jobs-for-the-boys regime) and is given the chance to rebuild his way,
OR
Doesn't look to me that either will happen; not with this Board/Chairman, not while nepotism rules. The decision-makers are not going to decide to unemploy themselves, unfortunately.
I think this is too black and white. The players had to be more responsible for the loss (against Dons) rather than the coach, surely? We need to play the fit and the firing to better allow us to judge the coach. And need to kick bloody straighter!

OR
The major thing that wins you a premiership is the list

You need to create advantages to yourself

Because the way the system works there are very few given unless you are down the bottom of the ladder

How can we take advantage of this is the question

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think this is too black and white. The players had to be more responsible for the loss (against Dons) rather than the coach, surely? We need to play the fit and the firing to better allow us to judge the coach. And need to kick bloody straighter!

I think anytime a team is up by 5 goals and loses, the coach HAS to take responsibility.

Apart from Gibbs who has really been held accountable though ? Its like Smith and Milera are expected to make up for under performing players all over the ground.

I get the sentiment of the thread and share the frustration and bitter disappointment but this thread reads as one giant tantrum. Give up on your club if you want but it does say a lot about you. Personally, my love and support for AFC is unconditional. This doesn’t mean that I’m not p$ssed off beyond words, just that I’m not going to abandon them.

I get the sentiment of the thread and share the frustration and bitter disappointment but this thread reads as one giant tantrum. Give up on your club if you want but it does say a lot about you. Personally, my love and support for AFC is unconditional. This doesn’t mean that I’m not p$ssed off beyond words, just that I’m not going to abandon them.
It's not a tantrum, it's a correct read of a club that has too many systemic issues to be successful.

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't owe the Adelaide Football Club anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Back