Opinion Sack Hinkley 5 - Lower The Blinds

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDA5B61F-607A-405D-B115-1874318044E6.jpeg

This is incredible.

• 21-RPF: def. by Bulldogs, 71pts (heaviest home loss since 2011)
• 22-R01: def. by Brisbane, 11pts (24 points up at the 25 minute-mark of Q3)
• 22-R02: def. by Hawthorn, 64pts (second-heaviest home loss since 2011)
• 22-R03: def. by Adelaide, 4pts (led comfortably all day against the worst Crows outfit in 30 years until we didn’t)
• 22-R04: def. by Melbourne, 32pts (didn’t kick a goal for the first 2.5 quarters against a Dees outfit that barely broke a sweat all night)

Mmmm, it’s the supporters who are blind to facts, Graham.

Why is he still coach this morning? What are we hoping to achieve here?

Surely not making the finals would be cause for dismissing a 10 year, 0 grand finals coach? As we know, anything else would be historically unprecedented. And given only 1 team has made the finals from 0-4 this century, can the idiots who run our club just assume for a moment that we won't be the second?

So what is the point in keeping him? Cut your losses. End the damaging media speculation. Put everyone on notice. Get a head start in the coaching appointment market. Show us and the rest of the football world that you mean business and that you're not just the Fremantle of South Australia - a pathetic, lamentable and laughable franchise who exist to half fill the city's stadium when the main club is playing away that weekend and who will never, ever win a premiership and doesn't really appear to even care.

At this point finals clause is simply irrelevant beyond the fact that it means we can get rid of him at no cost. We aren't finishing above 14th this season.

We sack him now and pay him the rest of the year out. Its the same difference. Everybody knows that once Kenny knows he's out he will no longer give a **** and just spend his entire day reading the Greyhound form guide.

Surely not making the finals would be cause for dismissing a 10 year, 0 grand finals coach? As we know, anything else would be historically unprecedented. And given only 1 team has made the finals from 0-4 this century, can the idiots who run our club just assume for a moment that we won't be the second?

So what is the point in keeping him? Cut your losses. End the damaging media speculation. Put everyone on notice. Get a head start in the coaching appointment market. Show us and the rest of the football world that you mean business and that you're not just the Fremantle of South Australia - a pathetic, lamentable and laughable franchise who exist to half fill the city's stadium when the main club is playing away that weekend and who will never, ever win a premiership and doesn't really appear to even care.

Get someone who will just take the leash off the players.

That game against Melbourne was utterly pathetic. Coached not to win but to limit the damage.

Get them playing with some farking freedom again. Who cares if we lose, ken already blew the season. I just want to see some goals and excitement. The defensive trash is garbage.

Fremantle? They've shown more balls in their coaching sackings and appointments than we ever have.

Fremantle? They've shown more balls in their coaching sackings and appointments than we ever have.

Only once and it led to a grand final appearance in less than two years.

I notice they've since reverted to type and hired a Primus like ex player and are just being Fremantle now.

If I were a player reading this constant tripe from the Club and complicit journalists, I'd be boiling over by now. It's perfectly clear the players aren't the issue. I can't imagine any player is happy with a "try not to lose by too much" gameplan, or with seeing their efforts disappear in a puff of smoke once the ball goes past half forward.

From listening to Kane this morning I don't think Ken is getting sacked this year.

I think:
1. The finals trigger in his contract is true
2. The club don't want Monty as senior coach so there isn't much point trying him as interim
3. There isn't an easy way to fill the coaches box again once he goes

So they figure its easier to just sacrifice this year, get Lemmey, clear out at end of year and start again fresh next year with a new coach's box.
What's the deal with not wanting Monty? Surely that isn't true (I'm hopeful it's just Chad feeding bullshit out to Kane), why do we bother with assistants if we don't think they are good anyway?

They're currently third so I'd rather be them than us right now.

On that logic you'd rather be literally anyone because we're going to be 18th in a few hours.

Why don't we just Sack Hinkley and put a cheque book and a pen in front of Clarkson so we can say we'd rather be ourselves? Actually walk the talk rather than just talking meaningless crap about eras of unparalleled success.

Show us that you know what success looks like and are desperate for it. Do something (as Fremantle did with Lyon) that will shock the football world and get them saying things like 'Oh no, what are you doing, Little Olds???' or 'You can't do that Little Olds!!!'. Only then will I know I've got my club back and can expect anything beyond existing.

Get someone who will just take the leash off the players.

That game against Melbourne was utterly pathetic. Coached not to win but to limit the damage.

Get them playing with some farking freedom again. Who cares if we lose, ken already blew the season. I just want to see some goals and excitement. The defensive trash is garbage.
100%. People want to be entertained at the football - anyone who was entertained by the crap that was dished up on Thursday night is very easily pleased.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On that logic you'd rather be literally anyone because we're going to be 18th in a few hours.

Why don't we just Sack Hinkley and put a cheque book and a pen in front of Clarkson so we can say we'd rather be ourselves? Actually walk the talk rather than just talking meaningless crap about eras of unparalleled success.

Show us that you know what success looks like and are desperate for it. Do something (as Fremantle did with Lyon) that will shock the football world and get them saying things like 'Oh no, what are you doing, Little Olds???' or 'You can't do that Little Olds!!!'. Only then will I know I've got my club back and can expect anything beyond existing.

I think we should do all those things, just thought it was odd to say they're being "just Fremantle" after a pretty solid win last night and sitting third on the ladder.

Graham is just saying what all Crows fans are saying - Ken must stay. Because if (heaven forbid) we replace him with someone competent, we might actually improve.
No.

Graham us saying. I was a good coach who failed to become a great coach due to finals failures but want to be remembered as one.

So I'll defend another coach in the same boat and hope it reflects positively on me.

I think we should do all those things, just thought it was odd to say they're being "just Fremantle" after a pretty solid win last night and sitting third on the ladder.

They're still Fremantle. Just like we were still us even when we were winning games last year. You always revert to type.

The essential problem is that the deck is stacked and we do nothing about it. It's like Moneyball. We're the Oakland Athletics and the big/medium Victorian clubs, West Coast, etc, are the Yankees. If we play like them in here (football administration) then we'll get beaten by them out there. We MUST do something different. Playing the same boring, conservative, play by the rules game exactly the same way as everyone else means we never win a premiership ever again because we don't have the inbuilt financial and/or league structural bias advantages of about two thirds of the other clubs. It's that simple.

From listening to Kane this morning I don't think Ken is getting sacked this year.

I think:
1. The finals trigger in his contract is true
2. The club don't want Monty as senior coach so there isn't much point trying him as interim
3. There isn't an easy way to fill the coaches box again once he goes

So they figure its easier to just sacrifice this year, get Lemmey, clear out at end of year and start again fresh next year with a new coach's box.
What did he say about Leon Cameron?

Although we'd probably go close to getting a win if we ever have 42 free kicks in a game.......

He's still coach because the board are completely football ignorant, and far to stupid to realise what needs to be done. Even if they do slowly start to realise, that would then require Koch to put his massive ego aside for a few minutes and admit he got it so badly wrong continuously backing Hinkley in, he was wrong to take pot-shots at supporters and wrong to extend Hinkley (on multiple occasions).... I cant see that happening anytime soon unfortunately.

There is no argument that he should remain coach, yet here we are. If Essendon win today, that leaves us the only winless team. Add another loss to Carlton next week and we are a real chance at a sub 20k crowd vs west coast, then they may start to get the message.

We are in huge debt still (remarkable the "Financial Guru" hasn't been able to get us out of debt despite being towards the pointy end of the attendance and membership ladders the last decade - almost like he's all talk and actually got no idea) so the last thing the club can afford is to see a drop in attendance and membership numbers.

Thankfully with the max 6month payout clause and the fact Kennys replacement will probably be on half what he is, sacking him wont actually costs us anything. Unless we got Clarko, but he'd probably pay for himself through the instant boost in membership, attendance, media attention and probably sponsorship opportunities.

What's the deal with not wanting Monty? Surely that isn't true (I'm hopeful it's just Chad feeding bullshit out to Kane), why do we bother with assistants if we don't think they are good anyway?
What did he say about Leon Cameron?

To clarify on my post - Kane didn't say any of those things directly.

Its what I got from reading between the lines of what Kane said. He said that Ken has earned the right to coach his way out of his current predicament, and then a considered decision can be made at the end of the year.

To me, I see this as: Ken is gone at year's end, and the club thinks the best direction is to keep him til then. The rest is my theorising why that is.

We sack him now and pay him the rest of the year out. Its the same difference. Everybody knows that once Kenny knows he's out he will no longer give a fu** and just spend his entire day reading the Greyhound form guide.
Financially its not quite the same.

Monty would need a pay increase as interim. We would then need to hire a midfield coach, or move Bassett in to the midfield and hire a new forward line coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back