Opinion Sack Hinkley 5 - Lower The Blinds

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get someone who will just take the leash off the players.

That game against Melbourne was utterly pathetic. Coached not to win but to limit the damage.

Get them playing with some farking freedom again. Who cares if we lose, ken already blew the season. I just want to see some goals and excitement. The defensive trash is garbage.
Totally agree and disgusted. If they're going to do that tell us first then we can stay home! Although the selections had minimise damage written all over it especially when McKenzie withdrew prematch.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Essendon beat the Cows today we will be the only side in the AFL without a win and we will be outright bottom.

I do not think we will beat Carlton but I thought we might have a show against West Coast in Adelaide the following week. However, as I watched West Coast yesterday the doubts grew in my mind.

Last edited:
My theory is he's doing this now and daring us to sack him. We've been fooled all along. Hinkley is the real George Costanza.
The selections are starting to throw up red flags, this is so similar to the 2016 season and guess who got an extension. I swear Ken knows exactly what he is doing.

You need me to get things back on track. Koch needs to listen to the supporters and open his ****ing eyes, this guy is a true bullshit salesman.

Last edited:

The selections are starting to throw up red signs, this is so similar to the 2016 season and guess who got an extension. I swear Ken knows exactly what he is doing.
Hmmm ... deliberately tanks so that his future at Port seems uncertain so GCS think he's available and make a play for him forcing a gullible Koch's hand to sign him up to secure him long term. The brilliant mind of Ken Hinkley at its finest.

Hmmm ... deliberately tanks so that his future at Port seems uncertain so GCS think he's available and make a play for him forcing a gullible Koch's hand to sign him up to secure him long term. The brilliant mind of Ken Hinkley at its finest.
Yeah I don't trust Ken, there was a smugness about him in Showdown week, he was upbeat and looked like he was in control of his future.

I hope the club doesn't fall for the same crap.

Yeah I don't trust Ken, there was a smugness about him in Showdown week, he was upbeat and looked like he was in control of his future.

I hope the club doesn't fall for the same crap.
Reckon he knows this is his last year so is just cruising through it to semi retirement.
He doesn't have much of a legacy to protect.

I strongly believe that Ken will not do the right thing by the club and part ways, he will always set up his future first, meaning he wont leave unless he has another job to go too, or another dare I say it extension.
We all look to secure our future first. Makes it easy when you are below meek leadership lacking balls.

promoting the waterboy-cum-liftingbro-cum-bbqoperator-bigcumz to an actual line coach doesn't look like a great move in hindsight

It wasn’t even a great move in foresight.
It was a weird-as-**** shuffle of staff to fill a hole left by surprise resignations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When reading an opinion piece like this you need to ask yourself three simple questions;

who is writing it? - official Camry Crows Ambassador and renowned PAFC hater Graham Cornes
why is it written? - to denigrate the PAFC and appeal to the target audience
whom is it written for? - Camry Crows' supporters

The fact that News Limited continues to not only publish the weekly Camry Crows Newsletter but that it pays Graham Cornes to write it puts this article well and truly in Media Shakes Head territory

Last edited:
We are in huge debt still (remarkable the "Financial Guru" hasn't been able to get us out of debt despite being towards the pointy end of the attendance and membership ladders the last decade - almost like he's all talk and actually got no idea) so the last thing the club can afford is to see a drop in attendance and membership numbers.

What is the debt in relation to?

Debt isn't a problem if the repayments are are sustainable and assets are appreciating in value.

I'm in debt on my house but I'm much better off long-term owing a house with debt than renting a house with no debt.

What is the debt in relation to?

Debt isn't a problem if the repayments are are sustainable and assets are appreciating in value.

I'm in debt on my house but I'm much better off long-term owing a house with debt than renting a house with no debt.

What a bizarre comment.

If Essendon beat the Cows today we will be the only side in the AFL without a win and we will be outright bottom.

I do not think we will beat Carlton but I thought we might have a show against West Coast in Adelaide the following week. However, as I watched West Coast yesterday the doubts grew in my mind.

Several people liked the above post but I am not sure I like the prospect of a wooden spoon even if their is a chance it will get rid of Hinkley. Coaches come and go but wooden spoons will stay with us forever. Maybe I am an optimist but I would hope that a bottom four finish without winning a wooden spoon would be enough to convince Koch that Hinkley should go.

Most of us know that it isn't just Hinkley who has to go. At the end of 2021 the people who manage our list grossly overestimated our strength. Injuries to key players have exposed our lack of depth and we have accumulated too many would be midfielders. The list managers should also be held to account. It goes without saying that Koch and his Board also need to be moved on but sadly with the AFL pulling the strings that isn't likely to happen.

Several people liked the above post but I am not sure I like the prospect of a wooden spoon even if their is a chance it will get rid of Hinkley. Coaches come and go but wooden spoons will stay with us forever. Maybe I am an optimist but I would hope that a bottom four finish without winning a wooden spoon would be enough to convince Koch that Hinkley should go.

Most of us know that it isn't just Hinkley who has to go. At the end of 2021 the people who manage our list grossly overestimated our strength. Injuries to key players have exposed our lack of depth and we have accumulated too many would be midfielders. The list managers should also be held to account. It goes without saying that Koch and his Board also need to be moved on but sadly with the AFL pulling the strings that isn't likely to happen.
I think you may have answered your own question. As you said, the AFL pull our purse strings and the Board (not that I trust them) are hamstrung. What other choice do we have but to hope the losses mount up and there's only one option. Sack Hinkley.

Freo comparison is worth looking at, Lyon taking them to finals in his first year than a granny has some similarities. He was able to keep Freo top 4 for the next 2 seasons, losing a semi to us then a prelim.

Post the initial final window, it took four straight seasons of not making finals to undo his early credit (assuming criticism of the style of his game plan didn't factor) and they're still struggling. Whereas we've already given Kenny a hall pass for 2015-19.

There's nothing we're producing under Kenny that doesn't make me think we're on a Freo 2016 onwards slide.

Is there a single player how isn't a half back flanker that is showing any confidence or improvement... You just need to see how many players look side when they're lining up to shot to see where their heads are at.

Laughable how we can be getting crucified for not supporting a coach who has had 10 years and after this season will have a 50-50 record on whether we scrape into the 8 or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back