Opinion Sack Hinkley 5 - Lower The Blinds

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Victims of our own expectations lol lol lol

It's the supporters fault. Nothing is acceptable except happy clapping mindless drones. You'll sit there and watch our gormless mediocre brand of football and goalless quarters and you'll do it with a smile on your face.

Homer Simpson GIF

We had an average home crowd of over 43k in 2014 and didn't make money. It's the supporters fault for thinking going to the games, paying their membership fees and giving the club money is enough to not go into record debt. It's unrealistic for us to expect our administration to manage our finances correctly.

You're welcome to post here I was just confused by your choice of thread to ask a question about Ollie's injury.

You might find out more in this thread

Sorry big day yesterday, travelled 4,600kms. A bit weary last night. Cheers

Doesn't matter what we say, as far as the media and the happy clappers are concerned it's POOR KENNY THE VICTIM!

Poor Kenny is the victim of

Players
Injuries
Supporters
Leadership
Umpiring
Sam Hayes
Drafting
Trading
One captain
6-6-6
Adelaide the fishbowl
Unrealistic expectations
Debt
Soft cap
This is not the sanfl
The players love him
Assistant coaches
Stand rule
Covid
Draw
White noise
Opposition
Ladhams
Don't work hard enough
Big Footy
Schofield
PowerLil

Please feel free to add.

Last edited:
From listening to Kane this morning I don't think Ken is getting sacked this year.

I think:
1. The finals trigger in his contract is true
2. The club don't want Monty as senior coach so there isn't much point trying him as interim
3. There isn't an easy way to fill the coaches box again once he goes

So they figure its easier to just sacrifice this year, get Lemmey, clear out at end of year and start again fresh next year with a new coach's box.

So we've reached the point where we're being gaslit by Graham Cornes - Graham freaking Cornes - into thinking that expecting to be higher than 18th on the ladder is too much and that a team that has made two successive preliminary finals does not have the talent to be higher than 18th on the ladder or kick a goal in the first 82 minutes of a game.

F*** all of these people but more to the point f*** the people who run our club for happily turning us into the St Kilda/Fremantle of South Australia.

From listening to Kane this morning I don't think Ken is getting sacked this year.

I think:
2. The club don't want Monty as senior coach so there isn't much point trying him as interim

So they figure its easier to just sacrifice this year, get Lemmey, clear out at end of year and start again fresh next year with a new coach's box.
In other words, you can lock in a Port wooden spoon, and crowds of less than 10,000 by the end of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think:

New coach in 2023 or 2024? 2024 is inconceivable.

I think:

We will lose way more money than sacking him with this plan. Why not move him now and get a replacement early, clarko or whoever and let them direct and get to work in the background and plan the draft and trading etc.

We will lose way more money than sacking him with this plan. Why not move him now and get a replacement early, clarko or whoever and let them direct and get to work in the background and plan the draft and trading etc.
We have to consider that we may already be doing some of this in the background.

I think:

Has any club gone from finishing second to the spoon next year?

HIsToRy iN tHe MaKiNg

We have to consider that we may already be doing some of this in the background.
Yeah which is the right thing to do. I'd believe it if there where rumours in AFL media popping up and it makes no sense to not have Montgomery coach and get some senior experience as the interim whilst we bleed hundreds of thousands each match day.

We will lose way more money than sacking him with this plan.
100%. Crowds have already dropped off 7k from Round 1, and the longer Ken stays the worse it will get. We can't afford not to sack him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back