Opinion Sack Hinkley 5 - Lower The Blinds

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To clarify on my post - Kane didn't say any of those things directly.

Its what I got from reading between the lines of what Kane said. He said that Ken has earned the right to coach his way out of his current predicament, and then a considered decision can be made at the end of the year.

To me, I see this as: Ken is gone at year's end, and the club thinks the best direction is to keep him til then. The rest is my theorising why that is.

The " he's earnt the right to coach the rest of the season" is such a load of shit. He won't be there next year. So you start preparing now. If he's not there next year and he knows it, what is to gain by keeping him there? He's the type that will throw a match on the list/club and walk away without looking back.

What's the deal with not wanting Monty? Surely that isn't true (I'm hopeful it's just Chad feeding bullshit out to Kane), why do we bother with assistants if we don't think they are good anyway?
For the record though, I think I've largely gone off Monty now. Too high a chance that Monty just ends up being head with Bassett and Cornes still there and the same bullshit going on with no new ideas. He's been too close to the muppets for too long.

We need a clean out.

he should be allowed to "coach his way out" is an incredible statement. he coached his way into this mess, he doesn't know how to get out!

The " he's earnt the right to coach the rest of the season" is such a load of shit. He won't be there next year. So you start preparing now. If he's not there next year and he knows it, what is to gain by keeping him there? He's the type that will throw a match on the list/club and wLk away without looking back.
I mean yeah even Kane Cornes clearly knows its complete bullshit. Its just the narrative he's been given to try and hopefully limit damage as we push on with Ken as head coach.

Its pretty obvious at this point that Kornes has absolutely zero journalistic integrity and will just spin things however he is instructed to.

I also want to be very clear that I'm not supporting this course of action in any way.

Merely trying to interpret what the club is doing.

For me even 1.5 years on I'm still too angry with the ridiculous 2020 extension to even consider what to do now. It's like someone grabbing a hot pan off the stove then complaining their hand is sore. Yes there are options to fix it but just don't ****ing touch the hot pan in the first place.

We sack him now and pay him the rest of the year out. Its the same difference. Everybody knows that once Kenny knows he's out he will no longer give a fu** and just spend his entire day reading the Greyhound form guide.
My theory is he's doing this now and daring us to sack him. We've been fooled all along. Hinkley is the real George Costanza.

we've dropped 17 ladder positions and 57% in percentage between 2021 and this season

Star Trek Applause GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 people yesterday made and stood by the “Ken can’t kick the goals” comment to me yesterday. Mind blowing

Yeah ... these people are odd. Once upon a time we had Darryl Poole that was an unreliable kick for goals but most often than not kicked the ones that mattered. We had Darren Smith that wasn't an all-star of the league but stood up in the moments that mattered. Winners found a way to win, and why? Well it wasn't from waving a magic wand, it was a mindset and culture, and clubs set the culture by anointing people in positions such as a coach that knows how to form a team and mould his players to produce the goods in important moments. These kind of people that fall back on comments like "the coach doesn't kick the goals for them" just don't/can't think deep enough. Hawthorn won three in a row, if Hinkley is placed in that identical situation, does he win three in a row with the Hawks? We'll never know but likely not.

For some reason, these people will protect to the hilt if our coach was Mr Bean and we were a continuous bumbling fumbling team, and believe that by some form of magic Mr Bean will win us a flag.

Not surprising that Graham's written an article in support of Hinkley. He's trying to protect his boys. A new coach comes in and Chad could be looking for a new job and Kane loses two high level sources (Hinkley and Chad) within the club.

Edit PatientMental - you beat me to it

I was hoping Hinkley's win% would dive below 50% before he leaves just to shut that Koch up but that would require us to go on a run of 28 further losses without a win, and I just couldn't survive that.

FWIW the championing for Hinkley from the Cornes' is pretty clearly just 'If Hinkley goes all coaches ago which mean Chad loses his job'

promoting the waterboy-cum-liftingbro-cum-bbqoperator-bigcumz to an actual line coach doesn't look like a great move in hindsight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back