Autopsy 2022 Rd 13 Blues rain on Bomber's parade - 'Sheedy blames AFL for brave loss and demands an apology'

Who played well for the Blues vs the Dons in Round 13?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I know we won ugly - but the commentary was a disgrace.

Essendon* were consistently talked up - a great list blah blah, how good they’d be in two years blah blah.

Where was the little boy in the crowd to tell it like it is - these shit stains aren’t wearing any @#$%&! clothes.
BT. What a Campaigner.

He just needs a certain level of core strength to be able to even hold his ground in a basic contest against a guy his height. Not even win, but just hold his ground. It's not there.

I feel like LOB has done OK in aerial contests against guys his size this year. He rarely wins, but often breaks even and gets a fist in. I don't think he gets outmarked that much unless it's clearly to his opponents advantage, or he's pushed back inside D50 and a big key forward marks over him...neither of which are that bad.

Thought he was OK last night, did a few nice things.

I’d be really interested in people’s thoughts about why we got beaten in the centre tonight. Was it poor structures? Felt like we were too slow and always second to the ball. I’m still a bit worried about our ruck options and not giving our mids some modest advantage. Thoughts?

We battled in the ruck, but got monstered.
We missed Pitonet's bigger body, like we do against most of the bigger ruckmen.
Nankervis is going to bludgeon TDK and JSOS next week.

Just wondering what you all have thought of LOB's last couple games?

I'm not a fan and think it's one area of the field we are desperate for a top level player, hopefully we go hard for Amon.

LOB has one strength, his beautiful field kicking in space. Outside of that he's got zero presence and can't even split a one on one to save his life, panics under a tiny bit of pressure too.

We battled in the ruck, but got monstered.

It's the main thing holding us back at the moment.
Staying afloat and winning 2 of the next 4 until Pittonet returns in ~4 weeks is the key.

Then absolutely ****ing unleash on the competition with Pittonet and Weitering back in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Docherty gives me massive Peter Dean vibes. Tough, uncompromising and skilful. What do you guys, gals and others think of that comparison?

I can see where your coming from and Doc is a real good hbf with passion and toughness and resilience for sure. We all love Doc for what he is and that includes the mistakes he makes. Dean also was hard and took no prisoners and wore the navy blue with the same degree of visceral passion.
Having seen both play many times however I think Peter Dean was a class above in skills and versatility.

I'm not a fan and think it's one area of the field we are desperate for a top level player, hopefully we go hard for Amon.

LOB has one strength, his beautiful field kicking in space. Outside of that he's got zero presence and can't even split a one on one to save his life, panics under a tiny bit of pressure too.
I like to compare LOB to Cottrell. Cottrell is not a big body by any means, but knows how to use his body physically to give himself advantages in 1 on 1s. Watch him corral and get his opponent off balance just prior to reaching a loose ball.

He’s better than Peter dean. Sorry to disappoint you old heads but he is
You wouldn’t get a kick on Dean all day, and then he would come round to your house after the game, fix a light switch, tell you he smashed you all day and charge $450 emergency call out fee. Even if you didn’t call him.

You wouldn’t get a kick on Dean all day, and then he would come round to your house after the game, fix a light switch, tell you he smashed you all day and charge $450 emergency call out fee. Even if you didn’t call him.
he did exactly that to me.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Rd 13 Blues rain on Bomber's parade - 'Sheedy blames AFL for brave loss and demands an apology'

Back