Autopsy 2022 Rd 13 Blues rain on Bomber's parade - 'Sheedy blames AFL for brave loss and demands an apology'

Who played well for the Blues vs the Dons in Round 13?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Both your responses have been nothing short of bizarre.

I replied to someone else's hilarious picture of hird and you start brigading about being a proper supporter and me being negative.

As I said, nothing short of bizarre.

Hope you're OK.
I never mentioned you mate, it's alright throwing in some negative remarks but we are 9-3 so a positive remark in the same sentence is warranted. You ask me if I'm alright when we are 9-3, mate I'm flying.

Agree, he could get carved up far to easy one on one from Lynch with the way his technique is…
Is Durdin ready to go? it looks like a bit of a problem atm…
We will know the answer to that question in 4-5 hours. Listening to Voss on Thursday I think they intend to play him soon but wanted to give him a week to settle in VFL first.

Really (and this is to all the negative nellies and whingers)
O'Brien actually has already made it by any measuring stick. He gets picked every week in a top 4 side. Pretty sure thats what footballers aspire to and is the reward by the match committee for meeting standards.
Can he get better? yes, but in basic terms the O'Brien is crap argument has no legs at this point in time.
C’mon I’m avoiding being a LOB bashed as he does have some good qualities but he also has some deficiencies that need major work.

Let’s be honest at this point in time he is in the team because there is no one better but the wing is a going concern.

He needs to improve markedly in certain areas or he will soon be replaced by Hayes or Boyd or at the latest next year by a recruit like Amon.

That’s the fact Jack …. Personally I hope he makes it for the simple
Reason I don’t want to see SOS having made a too 10 pick blunder.

We will know the answer to that question in 4-5 hours. Listening to Voss on Thursday I think they intend to play him soon but wanted to give him a week to settle in VFL first.
Good to hear, haven’t had a listen to Vossy’s presser yet I’ll check it out, be good if Durdin can come in and play a role on the opposition key forwards 👍

Very underrated. He is wonderful. Never gets beaten one on one. Hell he never gets beaten when he's outnumbered. So string offensively. Excellent
Saad is an absolute gun and turning into my favourite player.

Runs like a gazelle, plays like a giraffe, heart of a gorilla, tenacity of a honey badger and smile like a
Salt water croc!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know the channel 7 commentary is bad but last night was disgraceful. Constantly positive about Essendon, making up excuses for Stringer. BT at one stage said he generally takes him a few games to get going after an injury and Harry is ripping the game apart at the other end.

Sam Docherty gives me massive Peter Dean vibes. Tough, uncompromising and skilful. What do you guys, gals and others think of that comparison?
Have to see Doc on the podium after a GF win. Will need to yell “**** yeah” and fall off the podium to totally convince me.

C’mon I’m avoiding being a LOB bashed as he does have some good qualities but he also has some deficiencies that need major work.

Let’s be honest at this point in time he is in the team because there is no one better but the wing is a going concern.

He needs to improve markedly in certain areas or he will soon be replaced by Hayes or Boyd or at the latest next year by a recruit like Amon.

That’s the fact Jack …. Personally I hope he makes it for the simple
Reason I don’t want to see SOS having made a too 10 pick blunder.
Back in your box nellie....;)
Honestly who cares...enjoy the now....the coaches and recruiters can sort it out
My grin is very wide because my team is good and it's getting better all the time.

Here is a much more interesting fact.....all flag winning teams..in every year of the history of the game..us included..have players with premiership medallions that weren't an absolute perfect model of champion player.

Last edited:
Just wondering what you all have thought of LOB's last couple games?
Good for 2-3 good kicks in a game utilising the ample space he is afforded slowly improving his contested work (which is his major issue) freezes regularly in any aerial contest and is too easily brushed aside in contests and serious question marks about his ability to 'see' a game as evidenced by teh fact that too often his field positioning in support is poor and looking confused and hurried which causes problems in transition - rarely do players see him as the first option for a release even if he is there about - I conclude after watching him all year that his team mates have low trust in him as a receiver under any pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Rd 13 Blues rain on Bomber's parade - 'Sheedy blames AFL for brave loss and demands an apology'

Back