Autopsy 2022 Rd 13 Blues rain on Bomber's parade - 'Sheedy blames AFL for brave loss and demands an apology'

Who played well for the Blues vs the Dons in Round 13?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Cobbled together a half of footy...but I'd say 15 teams would have comfortably dispatched us. There was blood in the water tonight, and we didn't want a piece of it.

Smashed in the middle. Collapsed in on the contest and the Bombers danced it out at will. Looked a little sluggish and one paced.

Didn't hold our shape in defense. Held together on individual efforts of Doc, Saad and Young. Mids certainly not rolling back with the intent shown earlier in the year. Indeed Bombers won the territory battle for most of the night.

Similar story up forward. Our bigs and smalls seem to operate to completely different plans. One great front and center snag to Fisher, but Durdin and Owies didn't get near the fall of the ball. Owies plays as another marking option really. Credit to the bigs and some quality entries.

Credit to the aforementioned Fish for his improved body of work this year, but he must have the worst endurance in the team...blows up very quickly.

I'll never begrudge an Essendon win, but seriously...they ordered their defensive strategies from Wish, and they have the long term contracted version of Stringer. It was barely sport.

I’m not really getting this narrative we barely beat a bad side, other sides in the 8 v Essendon:

Geelong by 66
Brisbane by 22
Melbourne by 29
Freo by 48
Sydney by 58
Richmond by 32
Carlton by 26

Shows you how bad they are plus they have had a tough draw, considering we have only played 3 of the top 8.

But generally speaking while it would of been nice to win by more, it’s nothing to be unhappy with. Slightly annoyed perhaps.

thought charlie nailed it so well with his mature summation of the (fantastic) vossy spray "I think he has a nice balance" bang! it's in the holster ready to go

thought charlie nailed it so well with his mature summation of the (fantastic) vossy spray "I think he has a nice balance" bang! it's in the holster ready to go

Teammate Charlie Curnow added: “He can definitely go, Vossy. I think he has a really nice balance to it.”

“I think our football at the time there was a few things where we just needed to control the game a bit better and get the game back into a bit of a contest. You always need a big spray like that here and there.”

Back in your box nellie....;)
Honestly who cares...enjoy the now....the coaches and recruiters can sort it out
My grin is very wide because my team is good and it's getting better all the time.

Here is a much more interesting fact.....all flag winning teams..in every year of the history of the game..us included..have players with premiership medallions that weren't an absolute perfect model of champion player.
Yeah I get that but the wing is such an import position. Lob can feed the ball into the forward 50 that is his greatest strength and why he is ahead of all
The rest vying for a spot in the team in that position.

Sadly his 1v1 play, marking and composure under pressure are below AFL quality.

Needs to iMprove in those areas if he wants to be remain best 22.

I think that’s a fair assessment.

walshy looks close to tears, crippa leans away, george thinks "****, horse was never like this - should I go back?" you can actually see him decide "yep".....

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine if we sneaked a premiership in this year!! Would be an unbelievable feeling! I think I'd cry lol
I am labelled a pessimist on here, but a Carlton Premiership is possible maybe not probable. That is a remarkable state given where we have come from. A fit Pittonet, Weitering and no more injuries is the minimum. We will not win a flag without Weiters and Pitto. Voss needs to be brave like Parkin in 82 and put Cerra or Walsh on a wing against a brayshaw type. I suspect Melbourne will pull it together with an MCG premiership a motivating cause. Don't put too much emphasis on 2 midseason losses and a media beat up concerning a resteraunt scuffle. Someone has to play the Dees on the last day in September, and Carlton are as likely as anyone. From there a premiership is possible.

Last edited:

I ****ing love it.

When one of the toughest to ever play the game looks you right in the eye and tells you the standards we live by aren't being met you lift and play harder more aggressive football.

We have needed this higher standard driven into this group type coaching for too long and if you don't perform you get it both barrel's .

About bloody time.

I’m not really getting this narrative we barely beat a bad side, other sides in the 8 v Essendon:

Geelong by 66
Brisbane by 22
Melbourne by 29
Freo by 48
Sydney by 58
Richmond by 32
Carlton by 26

Shows you how bad they are plus they have had a tough draw, considering we have only played 3 of the top 8.

But generally speaking while it would of been nice to win by more, it’s nothing to be unhappy with. Slightly annoyed perhaps.
Just calling it as I saw it.

Shiel aside Essendon were a hot mess last night. Parish hampered, Merrett lacked impact, Ridley MIA.

We had leading lanes open in our forward lane that I've never seen before...the Essendon set up was as bad as anything I'd seen in our bad old days/decades.

But we ceded the centre, we weren't our slick selves from stoppages, and allowed the ball to bog down in Essendon territory for long periods. Granted, the weather played a small role.

I just think we should have been steaming to clobber any team...especially an old enemy...especially on their big night. We kind of settled.

Thrilled with the W, but I get why Vossy was less than impressed.

More love for Jack Martin.
He is the Phantom
You think he is not there

AND THEN

1) The tackle that lead to Fisher's goal
2) The tap over the top and Another score.
3) Hits Owies in the chest for his 2nd goal

Jack Martin is dynamic in score involvements

Last edited:
Can we just all take a minute to understand how good Charlie has been this year.

Coming from a long way back over the last 2 years and not only leading the coleman but playing great team footy with his mate Harry.Arguably the best forward combination in the league.

Unbelievable.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The spray....I think its a calculated moment to take the players into new territory of personal and team responsibilty. Clearly wasnt about the scoreboard. Vossy preparing them mentally for much bigger tasks to come.

I think crazy vossy still exists it’s just he’s probably learnt to balance it a bit more. I don’t reckon that’s the first spray he’s given them based on Charlie’s and cripps comments but it’s the first public one that we’ve seen. I love it.

We’ve got players that are mentally strong enough and good enough to handle a public spray like that … we’ve also got a handful of players like Charlie Harry Fisher types that have so much confidence that they can go Hollywood for periods of a game and that definitely happened last night … they’re old enough and have enough ability that they can handle a dressing down. They needed after taking their head out of the game in the 3rd qtr

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Rd 13 Blues rain on Bomber's parade - 'Sheedy blames AFL for brave loss and demands an apology'

Back