Player Watch Izak Rankine Part II - Welcome to Adelaide

Pick 5 and a swap of 3rd/4th round picks for Rankine was...

• Massive overs

• Moderate overs

• Slight overs

• Fair value

• Slight unders

• Moderate unders

• Massive unders

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Off that, he was always going to come home to the Crows when the Suns first drafted him.
Tbh he didn't look ecstatic or close to it when he was drafted but to be fair neither did the Fish and while I have a very small ray of hope with him if he can get his first full preseason in but thus far, he has been a spud. Geelong picked up a KPD Sam De Koning at 19.

nah that isn't right, that only goes to a DFA like Keays. Any player who is traded then restarts their FA, you can have a look at current teams like Collingwood, Crisp is next year on year 9
Negative. The clock does not reset for players who are traded.

It did reset, under the original FA rules, but the AFL made FA qualification portable many years ago.

I can just imagine what Gold Coast would make us pay for an in contract high draft pick.
They wouldn't trade him for 5 firsts. Dealing with trades from bad clubs is a pain in the ass. They lose there shit and are completely irrational with the trade. I much prefer to trade with clubs like Sydney or a top club who have so many good players that one less is meaningless.

Last edited:
Has Kano been critical of JHF's long term deal yet? Or applauded it?

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Of course not, he was praising it this morning.

He's a Port shill, would you really expect anything less?

Kane also claimed the deal was between 600-700k a year which suggests that it could be close to 800k a year which is absolutely crazy and something that he was absolutely slam if was any other club, but obviously not when Port do it.

Of course not, he was praising it this morning.

He's a Port shill, would you really expect anything less?

Kane also claimed the deal was between 600-700k a year which suggests that it could be close to 800k a year which is absolutely crazy and something that he was absolutely slam if was any other club, but obviously not when Port do it.

Big winner out of this is JHF.

That’s a monster deal. Port taking on all the risk.

Izak said himself that Playing in front of big crowds with his family and friends watching in the stands is a huge motivation for him to become a better footballer.

Can't wait till he lights it up, and pretty much tell David King stfu I love the spotlight.
He's gonna tear up the Adelaide Oval.

Big Crowds will bring out the best in him IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty much my favourite 2 crows. I will add in Modra to make it a podium. If Izak can get himself some Eddie Betts size shorts when he was at his absolutely best that would be and look awesome as he adds to his highlight real undelights at the AO. Just like one his all-time favourites use to do and get the oval rocking.

We need to get a great song at the start of our home game also like the guys down the road - the boys light up doesn't do it for me. What about thunderstruck?

Negative. The clock does not reset for players who are traded.

It did reset, under the original FA rules, but the AFL made FA qualification portable many years ago.

When was it changed?

The AFL players association website still has this up there (the document is dated 2019) which suggests the clock resets if a player is traded

1665450502022.png

When was it changed?

The AFL players association website still has this up there (the document is dated 2019) which suggests the clock resets if a player is traded

View attachment 1532605
I may be wrong. I may have confused it with "lifetime Free Agency", which was introduced at the end of 2017.

Under lifetime FA, a player retains their FA status regardless of any subsequent moves. However, it doesn't appear that they made service years portable prior to attaining Free Agency.

I may be wrong. I may have confused it with "lifetime Free Agency", which was introduced at the end of 2017.

Under lifetime FA, a player retains their FA status regardless of any subsequent moves. However, it doesn't appear that they made service years portable prior to attaining Free Agency.
I think that only happens if you've previously been delisted or had free agent status before.

Fev9_OgaYAAVo6s

Celebration Monkey.gif

Look at those contested possessions and ground ball gets numbers.

You got your climate change deniers, holocaust deniers and your Rankine midfield deniers.
I think he'll be more of a sf/mid hybrid. They'll move him higher up the ground in bursts which is what they've been doing with pretty much all of our small forwards since Nicks has been here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Izak Rankine Part II - Welcome to Adelaide

Back