Resource 2023 AFL Draft Discussion...

Remove this Banner Ad

Might have a third with the GCS pick ...

Plus a Doedee compo, or trading our 2024 1st ...

Gold Coast would have to finish bottom 7 and there to be no other compensation picks diluting it

Doedee would get us compo only if we don't get Redman as a free agent

I think this guy may be the next big thing in the draft. Showing my WWT bias. Already being touted in a few interstate papers.

Patrick Weckert

12ced2803746612093bf8738fec5f3f9
To be fair, they're just running the Advertiser article online - they'd be running it on all the Newscorp papers.

DaKids Mutineer

Have either of you got much mail or love for Luca Slade out at Sturt - son of the very very good Matthew Slade of Central Districts
I’d think young Luca would have been well and truly on the radar for a while now. Was playing 1sts at PAC as a year 10. Good midfielder who can go forward for a goal.

He’s around that 6foot mark and everyone seems to want 7 foot 2 midfielders these days so not sure how he goes draft wise. Point of difference could be his hurdle.

I’d think young Luca would have been well and truly on the radar for a while now. Was playing 1sts at PAC as a year 10. Good midfielder who can go forward for a goal.

He’s around that 6foot mark and everyone seems to want 7 foot 2 midfielders these days so not sure how he goes draft wise. Point of difference could be his hurdle.
Thanks for that

Thanks for that
I honestly thought Nick Sadler was a good chance last year but didn’t get near it unfortunately although was invited to combine - must have had some interest.

Possibly Nick had same point of difference issue. If you’re a 6ft midfielder these days you need bring something special

I honestly thought Nick Sadler was a good chance last year but didn’t get near it unfortunately although was invited to combine - must have had some interest.

Possibly Nick had same point of difference issue. If you’re a 6ft midfielder these days you need bring something special
Hypothetically, if I was that 6 foot talented mid hoping to be drafted and could read the tea leaves, I would try and hire a personal trainer to go to work with my on my agility and burst speed - sidestep ability so that in traffic, the ability to weave and avoid the tackle would be my 1 wood along with immaculate disposal. Try and make sure there is a point of difference between me and the other 300 hopefuls

Hypothetically, if I was that 6 foot talented mid hoping to be drafted and could read the tea leaves, I would try and hire a personal trainer to go to work with my on my agility and burst speed - sidestep ability so that in traffic, the ability to weave and avoid the tackle would be my 1 wood along with immaculate disposal. Try and make sure there is a point of difference between me and the other 300 hopefuls
Endurance too. Little Soligo for the Crows made sure he was ready made for an AFL pre season.

I honestly hope we are having a crack at Himmelburg. Think he would suit us better than Cox.

With Worrell, Doedee, Butts, Murray, Milera, Hinge, Michalanney, Jones and possibly adding a Himmelburg/Cox.. Redman really would be surplus to a group that is starting to look promising.
Redman is more your Brodie smith replacement

Not surplus at all but maybe not as priority

Is Sadler playing sanfl this season at Sturt ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't watched him closely enough yet, I must say even though his 8 goal game in the reserves is good for his age I didn't think it quite worthy of the plaudits it received. SANFL reserves grade these days isnt what it was back in the 80/90's.

Definitely looks a bit taller than 188cm , surprised if he doesn’t end up 190+ .. doesn’t look overly quick but quick enough

These are the sort of players that often end up 3rd tall defenders , he’s quite vice like overhead

Clever around goal in that game

Haven't watched him closely enough yet, I must say even though his 8 goal game in the reserves is good for his age I didn't think it quite worthy of the plaudits it received. SANFL reserves grade these days isnt what it was back in the 80/90's.

You're a tough taskmaster if you think a 17 y/o kicking 8 goals in the reserves doesn't deserve some praise
I think he reads the ball really well, he has a good set of hands and a nice kick on him.
Lots to work with there

Thing is the SANFL reserves teams now tend to be made up of younger guys that have missed out in the draft in the preceding 2 or 3 years and with a only a sprinkling of older experienced players. Seems to be trend I've noticed over there probably because the older guys that are borderline SANFL Senior players can earn as much dough in the lower leagues with far less commitment required.
Still better than SA U18s goals

It is clearly a low grade standard, however, you can't ignore a couple of those grabs and the break the tackle goal. I think there is is a bit in this kid. Has he played any senior footy? If he hasn't I'm sure he'll get an opportunity this year. If he carries the vision form into 2023 he will be a monty to get drafted. What was his output in the u18s.

It is clearly a low grade standard, however, you can't ignore a couple of those grabs and the break the tackle goal. I think there is is a bit in this kid. Has he played any senior footy? If he hasn't I'm sure he'll get an opportunity this year. If he carries the vision form into 2023 he will be a monty to get drafted. What was his output in the u18s.
I think he played a few U18s matches but most were for his school. He has been juggling cricket and Footy. I believe the SACA was offering him some sort of contract, but he's knocked it back. He will play League this year. He played the last game of the year in the league. Not spectacular but the side lost easily.

I thought he already pivoted to crypto a few years ago
Yes, as an investment advisor ....although I don't know what his qualifications are

Just seems the expected revenue from footy, didn't eventuate

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2023 AFL Draft Discussion...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back