Resource 2023 AFL Draft Discussion...

Remove this Banner Ad

The list of options isn't great for players out of contract or free agents. But here are some names that we could go after;
  • Jack Graham sits at the top of the list!
  • Worpel
  • Rhys Mathieson
  • Pickett (small fwd but would assist with getting guys like Rankin & rachele into the midfield)
    Wanganeen-Milera
  • Parish
  • Redman

The top three in that list aren't worth considering

Surely if we are doing a wish list then it looks a bit more like:

Trade for:
  • Noah Anderson
  • Finn Callaghan
  • Will Day
  • Waganeen-Milera
  • Dylan Stephens
  • Kosi Pickett
While I'm at it, I'd look at:
  • Brynn Teakle
Pick up FA:
  • Redman and Himmelberg
While we are at it, I'll throw trade offers at Elijah Hollands, Conor Stone, Tarryn Thomas, Tom Powell, Xavier Duursma and Mattias Phillipou, all one year out before being uncontracted.

Then I'd be asking the question of pre-agents:
  • Jarrod Berry
  • Brennan Cox
  • Will Hayward

Thanks for the love 💕 on my list. As I said I was going off the OOC and FA list. If we are looking at getting contracted players then thats a whole different ball game.

Thanks for the love on my list. As I said I was going off the OOC and FA list. If we are looking at getting contracted players then thats a whole different ball game.

In terms of the list you put through the midfielders aren’t dissimilar to what we have and I would suggest Worpel and Mathieson wouldn’t make our side. Graham I don’t mind but I doubt he is any teams number 1 midfielder. And that’s what we need - we need our mid field leader/match winner

Hopefully Rankine, Rachele or Pedlar can develop into that

If there was a year to tank for a star midfielder it's this year Reid looks exceptional in everything he does.

Reckon Hawthorn are in the Box seat seeing as they traded their whole midfield away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a good player but KPD, ruck and mids are what we should be spending on.
A lot of it depends on a) if we plan to use Dawson as our primary HBF for the foreseeable future (hope not), and b) how well the likes of Milera and Parnell do this year

I do think we’ll be saving a fair bit of coin for Cox in ‘24, at this point in time

A lot of it depends on a) if we plan to use Dawson as our primary HBF for the foreseeable future (hope not), and b) how well the likes of Milera and Parnell do this year

I do think we’ll be saving a fair bit of coin for Cox in ‘24, at this point in time
I honestly hope we are having a crack at Himmelburg. Think he would suit us better than Cox.

With Worrell, Doedee, Butts, Murray, Milera, Hinge, Michalanney, Jones and possibly adding a Himmelburg/Cox.. Redman really would be surplus to a group that is starting to look promising.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2023 AFL Draft Discussion...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back