Opinion Sack Hinkley 9 - I Am Become Donuts, Destroyer Of Ports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The pretty girls in lingerie accounts seem to be proliferating like weeds, especially in sporting team comments. Lots of teenage boys to exploit I guess.

The defeatist/apologist propaganda is flooding in left and right now.

The clubhouse leader of all the bullsh¡t I’ve spotted in my travels:

FEF924FD-7436-4476-9C2C-A452825E0BF4.jpeg

Mmmm, that golden era when we only had to worry about fishing Tim Evans (North Haven), John Abley (Rosewater) and Sam Kerr Snr (Port Districts) out of our zone, and never had to worry about scarcely-invested mercenaries like Brett Montgomery, Damien Hardwick and Robbie Gray rarely pulling their fingers out to earn a living.

🤪

His self worth is depending on it. He wants to win a gf to prove to himself and everyone else that he’s worthy. It didn’t happen for him at Geelong and he’s hanging on for dear life here and using us as his vehicle to try and achieve it. Any rational person would think that after 11 seasons it’s time to maybe accept it probably won’t happen. That’s ok. Not every afl coach achieves the ultimate. But we have a guy here that is desperately trying to prove in his own mind that he’s a winner and going to do whatever it takes to hang on to the job to enable him to somehow get enough opportunities to get there.
Weirder is that there’s a whole board on the same page as him.
Its the nature of the beast that drives these characters, very few ego driven humans ( ie majority of coaches, execs, pollies, media) will admit to their failings and will give up easily, hence it needs a strong board to take that decision from them and remove them when their time is up. Very few leave amicably because they wont or cant see its time.

Even Hitler thought he could win the war with the Russians at his bunker door.

Legitimate question. Can the power afford to sack Hinkley now? Budget wise, is there enough in the petty cash drawer to pay out Hinkley for the rest of his contract, while paying for the coach to replace him?
No.

But I'm sure they could make it untenable and get him to quit if they really wanted to.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gerard Whately, if there is a bigger knob in the media than him I'll go he. Absolutely can't stand him.

He was unrelenting in his pursuit of getting Kenny another contract during the season, and you are now telling me he is questioning why we did it before finals?

I thought he'd already "aced the exam"? What a w***er, seriously.

Yep they are petrified of board meetings where someone stands up when they are almost ready to wrap things up & says just fukcin' hang on a minute.
@RussellEbertHandball is there a process for non board member to request to attend a board meeting as a guest?

"No chance we could get someone at that level, we're just a little club from Alberton"

My burner is currently in the midst of an exchange with a Port person who is inferring that nobody else wants to coach us.

Not the usual ambit claim that we can’t attract a big name, or that an unproven assistant is an inferior option to sticking with Ken — her angle is that we couldn’t fill the position if it became vacant for lack of interest.

What did we do to deserve this?

A couple of curious contributors among those, too.

Paid or unpaid? You decide.

View attachment 1806851
I will not stand by and allow Dana's name to be besmirched on here.

She's a lovely lady. I've been speaking to her for several months now and have been helping her out with a few bills here and there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree largely with this, but I recall after the Bulldogs prelim final thrashing they didn't even pretend they were going to review it, it would just be written off as one of those days. It was the footy shows who brutally but fairly dissected how appallingly soft we were. Took some learnings out of that game didn't we?

And don't forget the Instagram photos of players on holidays. Always popular.
Come on Ford - we're definitely getting better. This time we lost by 71 points over 2 finals, instead of 1 :).

The club will now see just how fickle the footy media is. Clowns like Gerrard Whately, who were basically castigating the club for not signing him, then not signing him for longer, will now start to turn because it's the better story. Watch the papers and the 'journos' start to turn. I'm already seeing the 'not won an elimination final since x' story propagate. Blood is in the water.
100%.

Now that he is re-signed the headline is the clubs mistake.

The defeatist/apologist propaganda is flooding in left and right now.

The clubhouse leader of all the bullsh¡t I’ve spotted in my travels:

View attachment 1806853

Mmmm, that golden era when we only had to worry about fishing Tim Evans (North Haven), John Abley (Rosewater) and Sam Kerr Snr (Port Districts) out of our zone, and never had to worry about scarcely-invested mercenaries like Brett Montgomery, Damien Hardwick and Robbie Gray rarely pulling their fingers out to earn a living.

🤪
Why even mention SNAFL - we aren't even at the level of the smallest AFL clubs anyway. Forget SANFL, the benchmark to be reached is Fremantle and GWS - smaller, non-Victorian clubs, who have both outperformed us in Hinkley's time.

I've always expected that Koch went to China to hire a bot factory because the love for hinkley is astounding online.

My burner is currently in the midst of an exchange with a Port person who is inferring that nobody else wants to coach us.

Not the usual ambit claim that we can’t attract a big name, or that an unproven assistant is an inferior option to sticking with Ken — her angle is that we couldn’t fill the position if it became vacant for lack of interest.

What did we do to deserve this?

what-dog.gif

Not even I would touch them

Dwayne refusing to blame the coaches for Saturdays loss. “Isn’t that on the list management team” we’re his words.

That will be the mantra this off-season.

Poor old coach had no idea he had no rucks or KPDs on his list.

We could have picked a sanfl plodder ruck in the mid-season draft and he would have done better then what we went with.

All good guys, nothing to worry about,some dude called Ben on We are Port Adelaide says we are going to make a run for the Premierships next year,shut down this thread,we were wrong.

On SM-A736B using BigFooty.com mobile app
That's all this club is - all talk and no action:
  • 3 flags in 5 years became 1 finals win in 5 years
  • "Best squad in my time at Alberton" was a total flop
And so it goes on and on. Until we actually achieve anything, I refuse to believe anything the club says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back