Opinion Sack Hinkley 9 - I Am Become Donuts, Destroyer Of Ports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the `white noise' with the support of Warren Tredrea and hopefully other high profile Port Adelaide people ( both ex players and business people) can apply more pressure on the clown circus the club has become under Koch and kern there would have to be some chance of forcing change, but any release of pressure because it's the off season and/or too many get sucked back into this continuing vortex of nothingness due to the false dawn of a few trades and draft picks making a difference, then there won't be any significant change and we will see at least 2 more seasons of the PAFC just making up the numbers!

Why does Ken want to be coach. Surely he has enough money. It must be stressful. He's s**t at his job and everyone hates him. Its not just a private humiliation but a very public humiliation of being a fraud. Its not like he's driven by a passion to do the job. I just dont get what is wrong with him?
It's because he's a narcissist and a sociopath.

Why does Ken want to be coach. Surely he has enough money. It must be stressful. He's s**t at his job and everyone hates him. Its not just a private humiliation but a very public humiliation of being a fraud. Its not like he's driven by a passion to do the job. I just dont get what is wrong with him?

Replace 'coach' with 'used car salesman' and you have your answer.

It's in his DNA.

"I had a good chat with him yesterday & just let him know that he's still the best coach for me. I really want him to help me get better as a player. So I think definitely, right now, he's the right person."

~Port's Zak Butters on coach Ken Hinkley

5 April 2023
Screenshot_20230918_091038_X.jpg

Ultimately Tredder's untenable comment got him another contract. Without it, Hinkley wouldn't have been banished to the bench, we wouldn't have got the sugar hit of Carr taking the reins, and therefore wouldn't have won 13 in a row.

And those ******* bizarre wins against Sydney and Essendon were just the footy gods taking the piss. 2 more years (and the rest) of this shite. How good 👍
I think the players were worried that their beloved Ken was in danger of leaving the club, so they busted a gut for him. Then as soon as they knew he was safe, they didn't try as hard. Port Adelaide isn't a football club - it's a boys club.

The complete silence from the club is deafening, how can they keep getting away this? Kane was going harder at Goody this morning than Ken....again he's an actual premiership coach.

It's like the club know that any responsibility or accountability will burst the dam wall, so it's just slink away and pretend nobody noticed.

Absolutely infuriating, depressing, cmon Tredders go WHACK! Let have it, you've been justified, every Tom Dick and Harry in the media and at the club who were having veiled barbs can't just hide away now like nothing happened.

Where's Richos email? He was all too happy to write a 7 page thesis to us before on why Hinkley is the greatest coach the club has ever had and how his "results" speak for themselves! They sure do you muppet, they sure do!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

"I had a good chat with him yesterday & just let him know that he's still the best coach for me. I really want him to help me get better as a player. So I think definitely, right now, he's the right person."

~Port's Zak Butters on coach Ken Hinkley

5 April 2023
View attachment 1806749

Pictured - Zak Butters, who let Daddy know that he's the best coach for him by doing absolutely nothing in a knockout final until the game was already gone.

Could he actually be playing the injured players because he wants to lose so he can start his holidays (nothing else to be concerned about for him really, given that he's got the contract extension).

Could he actually be playing the injured players because he wants to lose so he can start his holidays (nothing else to be concerned about for him really, given that he's got the contract extension).
Also, a Prelim final at the G vs Collingwood is a terrifying prospect.

At least Hinkley was true to his word after the '21 capitulation. He said he wouldn't change a thing, and he hasn't.

We operate with a losing mindset, we are still grossly underprepared for big games, we still have no plan B, we still have glaring weaknesses all over the park from playing injured players and the ** still has a ** contract.
A negative mindset vs a positive mindset is huge. Carlton and Collingwood were nowhere in 2021, and the Giants were mid table strugglers. Fast forward 24 months, and all 3 have ambitious young coaches who believe in their ability as players - Kingsley said that "things might not work as we want for the first 10 weeks, but when it gels, look out", or words to that effect.

Meanwhile, our negative nancy reckons finals are scary, and if we didn't take injured players into Saturday night's game, the result would have been much worse. When we finally bite the bullet, and get a young coach in with positive vibes, we might finally experience what it's like to play at the MCG on the last Saturday in September.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the players were worried that their beloved Ken was in danger of leaving the club, so they busted a gut for him. Then as soon as they knew he was safe, they didn't try as hard. Port Adelaide isn't a football club - it's a boys club.
I almost felt like it was the other way around. That maybe Josh was having a lot more say and that they expected him to be taking the reins next year. They seemed to be playing with a lot more dare and enthusiasm and a couple of them specifically mentioned Josh as being good for them. Once Ken was renewed all that seemed to disappear and the wind went out of their sails.

He just called him Kenny Average lol
Average? Average? Average would be making the GF every 9 years.

He's so far below average, he's the least successful coach in AFL/VFL history. Geez it would be good to have some media air cover. You just know that like the last couple of years, there's going to be multiple other coaches fired before we grow any cojones, and mulitple more teams going past us.

I almost felt like it was the other way around. That maybe Josh was having a lot more say and that they expected him to be taking the reins next year. They seemed to be playing with a lot more dare and enthusiasm and a couple of them specifically mentioned Josh as being good for them. Once Ken was renewed all that seemed to disappear and the wind went out of their sails.
Please be true...

How good is listening to Lauren Arnell and realising a Port coach is actually allowed to be intelligent, articulate and thoughtful not some hillbilly bumbling through some barely coherent waffle.
Terrifies me when they say they want her to "learn" from our coaches. Should be the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back