Opinion Sack Hinkley 9 - I Am Become Donuts, Destroyer Of Ports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lloyd on Port Adelaide:
View attachment 1806813

Spot on, but missed the fact that we did time our run. We timed our run perfectly to get a new contract - July was the business end for Port.
Yep, we were banged up well and truly by the time pen hit paper. A professional club with a comitted coach would have addressed mid-season injuries as they happened, but we only had one objective this year. Mission accomplished.

Have we used Sack Hinkley - "Untenable" yet?
There'll be many more parts to this thread in coming months. Plenty of opportunities for naming rights. Perhaps it could even be a competition with a prize like the winner doesn't have to have soft pr0n and Koch scam ads on all over their screen for a week.

And now Cornes refused to turn up to The Sunday Footy Show.

This was Cornes after the new Hinkley contract was announced, in which he sneered at Port fans for their lack of faith in Ken: "Stop sooking about the coach. As if you are going to hold off on this announcement and potentially disrupt the finals campaign ... you are not going to disrupt the finals campaign where we have a shot at winning a Grand Final. Ken Hinkley's record is amazing, really."
Well Kane is right about one thing - Ken's record is amazing. The thing is, I'm not meaning that as a compliment.

Let's face it, there is a hardcore group of around 50 x Port BigFooty posters, myself included
While it's nice to vent here, it is seriously just a minute echo chamber in the scheme of things

So how do we actually force change
As I see it the only way is to publicly embarrass those in charge
Things like 'the sticker' do achieve this
Remember the backlash from just a simple piece of paper

Things like protests just don't work for these situations
We just look like the lunatic fringe they've labelled us

My thoughts are to start laying flowers at the club doors with RIP PAFC, Sack Ken or whatever you wish to say
It would only need a few brave souls to start and with media coverage the masses would follow
Before long it would be Princess Di level

They wouldn't know how to respond
They would look petty running out and removing
A silent yet powerful protest

Last edited:
There'll be many more parts to this thread in coming months. Plenty of opportunities for naming rights. Perhaps it could even be a competition with a prize like the winner doesn't have to have soft pr0n and Koch scam ads on all over their screen for a week.
I've asked my AI friend chatgpt - "Finals Fumble: The Ken Hinkley Chronicles"

You know what, Kingy was right about the Andrew Gaff punch.

The club will now see just how fickle the footy media is. Clowns like Gerrard Whately, who were basically castigating the club for not signing him, then not signing him for longer, will now start to turn because it's the better story. Watch the papers and the 'journos' start to turn. I'm already seeing the 'not won an elimination final since x' story propagate. Blood is in the water.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There'll be many more parts to this thread in coming months until the end of time. Plenty of opportunities for naming rights. Perhaps it could even be a competition with a prize like the winner doesn't have to have soft pr0n and Koch scam ads on all over their screen for a week.
I consider seeing poorly photoshopped Kochie scam ads a highlight when logging in to bigfooty.

The club will now see just how fickle the footy media is. Clowns like Gerrard Whately, who were basically castigating the club for not signing him, then not signing him for longer, will now start to turn because it's the better story. Watch the papers and the 'journos' start to turn. I'm already seeing the 'not won an elimination final since x' story propagate. Blood is in the water.
Trouble is it's all a bit too * late.

Gerard's now rolling with Port are a cautionary tale on running the exam with an August deadline.
A cautionary tale on keeping a coach around for 8 years too long.

Port wont be talked about again after today

Why does Ken want to be coach. Surely he has enough money. It must be stressful. He's s**t at his job and everyone hates him. Its not just a private humiliation but a very public humiliation of being a fraud. Its not like he's driven by a passion to do the job. I just dont get what is wrong with him?
Greyhounds cost a lot particularly when you don’t win prize money

Why does Ken want to be coach. Surely he has enough money. It must be stressful. He's s**t at his job and everyone hates him. Its not just a private humiliation but a very public humiliation of being a fraud. Its not like he's driven by a passion to do the job. I just dont get what is wrong with him?
His self worth is depending on it. He wants to win a gf to prove to himself and everyone else that he’s worthy. It didn’t happen for him at Geelong and he’s hanging on for dear life here and using us as his vehicle to try and achieve it. Any rational person would think that after 11 seasons it’s time to maybe accept it probably won’t happen. That’s ok. Not every afl coach achieves the ultimate. But we have a guy here that is desperately trying to prove in his own mind that he’s a winner and going to do whatever it takes to hang on to the job to enable him to somehow get enough opportunities to get there.
Weirder is that there’s a whole board on the same page as him.

As much as I have wanted Ken gone as coach for years now I haven't really bought into the character assassination stuff, but after what's gone down this year I really don't understand how anyone with any pride in themselves could front up again as coach next year. Whatever you thought of Primus' abilities as a coach, he had the strength of character to walk away once his position became 'untenable'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back