Opinion Sack Hinkley 9 - I Am Become Donuts, Destroyer Of Ports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oleg Markov;

1696203544869.png

That wouldn't fly at the Kenny Hinkley Football Club. There's much more important things in life than football.

Clearly Oleg hasn't discovered the joys of greyhound culling.

You can't have a senior coach who is scared of finals .....

If Hinkley is scared of finals, he's in the wrong job. ....
Hinkley clearly is in the wrong job. He said back in 2016 that coaching in the AFL was just a job and he has far more important things in his life. I don't have a problem with someone realising that about their job but if that is how you honestly feel quit and do something that actually matters to you. Don't hang around and collect a >$800K/year salary just going through the motions.

That admission by Hinkley should have been an enormous red flag to our board.

Dont play him as a ruck. I reckon he can play CHB - Billy Frampton style.

He was playing CHF for East Freo when we picked him up in the mid season draft and tried to turn him into a ruck as Sam Hayes stagnated in the SANFL as he doesnt have much of a tank to ruck all day.
Funny thing about Hayes,is when he plays we tend to win more than we lose,then he's dropped for a one legged Lycett

On SM-A736B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Could you ever imagine donuts being happy for us if we won a premiership after he was gone?

Look at McRae, still wearing a suit. What a professional man that seems to thrive living to high standards.

Ken would be full

sddefault.jpg

By this point in procedings.

He'd probably be wearing an unironed Camperdown shirt from 2001 that Donna's whipped out for him from the 'good clothes' basket.

Oleg Markov;

View attachment 1819637

That wouldn't fly at the Kenny Hinkley Football Club. There's much more important things in life than football.

Clearly Oleg hasn't discovered the joys of greyhound culling.

Having dipped out on the "Chris Fagan = steady as she goes = good" argument, Roachi can now go with "look, Kenny is the very model of a modern AFL coach". Hinkles might be the maestro of the touchy feely stuff, but he can't do the important things, like winning cut throat finals.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't have a senior coach who is scared of finals, that's by his own admission saying they're scary. That mentality filters down to the players and they play accordingly. It happened in the 2021 Preliminary Final disaster, and it showed its head again this year leading into the finals.

If Hinkley is scared of finals, he's in the wrong job. That's obvious to anyone with any basic knowledge of professional sport. You look at Craig McRae and Collingwood who have embraced the challenge of being the AFL's biggest club and the pressure that comes with it and compare it to us who shirk the issue when the pressure comes. The reason we can't compete when the heat comes in September is right there.

I can understand Hinkley being scared of finals with his playing and coaching resume. Lost two GF's, one of which Geelong were obliterated by West Coast. 3 losing preliminary finals as coach, and now a straight set exit as coach. No wonder he's scared of finals, his teams don't perform in them.

But he's the problem, his litany of excuses don't hold water. The problem we have at Port Adelaide is the chairman buys into Hinkley's excuses and is now the cheerleader for failure.

If anyone can't see that issue with the senior coach and continues to back him then they're happy to just exist in the AFL, and aren't worried about winning a Premiership.

Tribute matches and showdowns have become scary nightmare for this club as well.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kochie would be like "just like Sheedy"

Haha yes.

ā€œI seem to remember Sheeds Sheedy being pelted with marshmallows and within 2 years heā€™d coached Essendon to the most dominant premiership in history!ā€

After grand final weekend I am yet to talk to a port supporter who has any enthusiasm or excitement for next year..

We look miles off the pace of the top 2, probably another 3-4 will go past us as well.. all of this with the prospect of another 2 years of shitting the bed in finals if we actually make them..

Nice work kochie thanks for that..god I hope the afl take this moron off our hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back