Preview 2024 Pre season trial game 2 - Vs West Coast - Hisense Sat Mar 2 @2:40

Remove this Banner Ad

Matt Crouch 23 disposals, 9 Score Involvements, 59% Time On Ground, 100%Disposal Efficiency, 6 Clearances, 3 Centre Clearances, 3 Stoppage Clearances....fair effort.
He’s just so poised and his hands are insanely good.

Oh God no.
Fog was awful. Beyond awful. Worst player on the ground. Utterly lazy.
Harsh, a lazy player doesn’t have a run down tackle or provide an option 60m up the field after being involved on the back flank.

Looks like the 2023 Berry is a distant memory!
Its handy to have him back, and hopefully Schoenberg a bit later on, at worst theyre good depth and take some load of others and at best he could be a very handy midfield addition.

Matt Crouch 23 disposals, 9 Score Involvements, 59% Time On Ground, 100%Disposal Efficiency, 6 Clearances, 3 Centre Clearances, 3 Stoppage Clearances....fair effort.
Some of the standing up in a tackle and releasing a team mate work was top shelf.

I only saw the first half. Will watch the second half tonight.

No.

Though he may have won a bench spot with that kind of game, and with us transitioning to one less forward. Plus a world without Sloane.

Round 1 team is pretty much below. From the bench, Crouch, Soligo, Hinge, Pedlar and Murphy will be in the 22. Keane probably replaces Borlase and my bet is Berry will be sub. Can't see who'd miss for Curtin to play. Sholl may miss, but not sure it'd be for Berry, more likely Ned. Or maybe Smith or Hinge to wing with Curtin to half back. Either way, I reckon Berry's best result is sub.

8CBF7C61-FE4D-4B7A-BFCC-CA6B06D055AD.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some thoughts:
Rachele: Great to see his confidence building again. Run up for goal kicking is still shit. It's nothing then rushed in the last 1 and a half steps. Has to get it right.
ROB: Utterly dominant. Did whatever he wanted.
Berry: I don't see how he fits in the midfield rotation. You can't play Crouch, Laird and Berry at the same time. Yet, you can't not pick him. I don't know what we will do. His form should absolutely be the end of Sloane's career. But won't be.
Max: Incredible. He's so clean and calm. Just love him.
Soligo: Has to be picked. But for me he is a midfielder. He needs to be in the contest. Will probably be stuck on a wing or half forward. I hope we can find midfield time.
Hinge: Kicking still awful A big concern.
Fog: Looks heavy, slow and was lazy. Awful game. Wouldn't be picking him based on that performance. Biggest disappointment for me.
Rankine: is just a level above.
Dawson: I wouldn't even say he was in first gear. Just coasted.
Crouch: Just a ball magnet. Saw a few hints that his old, slower ball movement was returning. Hopefully he can keep being aggressive because he adds something.
Sholl: Did nothing wrong, but I don't see him in our best team.

I liked a lot of our positioning in around contests today, moving to keep being an outlet or pressure release option. Geelong in its hey day did that really well so its a tick from me on that. Spread from defense was good early.

Got our contested game going in the end.

We looked a bit rusty, I imagine the wind didn't help, but seemed to get better over the day.

All the people we need to look good looked good pretty much.

Really liked fog actually, didn't get reward but was doing a lot right with his intensity and efforts.
fog was poor, needs to work on consistency as his best is lightyears ahead of his worst days

Harsh, a lazy player doesn’t have a run down tackle or provide an option 60m up the field after being involved on the back flank.
The amount of times he doesn't chase, or puts in a half effort is bad.
I know I'm being harsh, but he needs to be better. Just not doing anywhere near enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 Pre season trial game 2 - Vs West Coast - Hisense Sat Mar 2 @2:40

Remove this Banner Ad

Back