Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 2) - Full Support of the Board

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lines Coke GIF

Last year we were heading in the right direction until a bad call on Keays ruined all that. But we also dropped many close finishes so in reality we had our chances but there is no room for error in games. We put ourselves in these situations too.

This year the expectation was high and some of the players froze, lost their confidence. But there have been a few other factors such as injuries and some poor selection. 2024 was never going to be easy year and I knew that after 2023.

I am not expecting us to be Richmond 2017 next year, don't compare us to them.

North would have easily beaten us today if Collingwood was replaced by us. We are very bad right now.

Nah we actually had a very ordinary 2nd half of the season.

"Don't be restrained by the aging players. The kids were brilliant. Go past them. Just cut the cord, and go past them. If you toe the line, and you can't stand up in big moments, just step through them, and bleed the next lot of draftees through." - David King, on North.

Can he coach us instead?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nicks comments about his personal backing, we’ve got a really good footy club are also throwing the gauntlet to the club, get rid of me and your support was full of shit and you’re a crap club.

Has this ******** once ever this year taken any responsibility for our performances?
All I’m hearing from him are excuses about the bye, only days after Roo goes with the injury excuse. This club is 100% in damage control and failing badly as everyone is seeing through it, including the media.

I also hear him mention support from those within the club as important, what about your supporter base? Haven’t heard anything about the people that put their hard earned into the club. Do we matter at all?

Back