Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 2) - Full Support of the Board

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope this hasn't been posted yet

Wow, they just all continue to bunker down.

Yeah, everything is ****ing awesome Jammo.

Nothing to see here...

Just another reminder what's wrong with this club.

We don't want everyone sacked, just a slightly bigger broom than the review that saw Pyke, Campo, Burton and Fagan gone. Just add Roo, the rest of the board and Ogilvie. List Manager gets a reprieve because he's only 1 voice among Roo, Kelly and Nix, who would already be gone anyway. Plus the importance of the role is overstated, Saints employed Gallagher straight out of banking, not that he was great, but it's really mostly an administrative and negotiation role. The decisions are made at a committee level.

That won't happen because Roo has showed in the past that he doubles down on his bad decisions and refuses to acknowledge them.

He stupidly thinks that if you stick at it long enough that things will eventurally right itself.
Not the first and won't be the last ex player who thinks everyone is able to be as good as he was at football ( and on other aspects of life)

Needs to remember even people he likes, might be no good at their jobs

How long do you get to get things right Jamo?
How long can recruiting fail and cost you?
Coaches? Board etc?

Decisions and poor management have a lag effect that you also pay a price for years down the track.

We've already paid a price, we're continuing to pay a price and what, we leave things how they are and have been to see how it goes and leave us in the wilderness for another decade?

Fmd.

This makes me physically ill.

I hope we never win a game under Nicks again. Ever.

I hate this football club. Like genuinely hate it.

That is a distinct possibility -

1. GWS - our recent history we are their bunnies
2. St Kilda - well the cleaning staff will have to go around waking up all the supporters as this game will be the cure for insomnia
3. Hawks - oh boy they are on 🔥
4. Western Bulldogs - their midfield will destroy us
5. Port - who ****ing knows

We ain’t winning any away games in Brisbane, Marvel, Geelong or Sydney.

We might be stuck on 4.5 wins.

He can’t possibly survive the year with the record of 4-18-1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I really like is that he starts by arrogantly telling us what we already know, it’s never one thing. And yet somehow wanting multiple people held to account is some form of insanity. He’s just another of the morons that wouldn’t have gotten near a role at the club if he wasn’t.

How do they not realise that coming out and talking down to supporters just further proves the allegations that the club is full of incompetence that protects itself at the expense of high achievement. Get accused of being a boys club so get the boys to all come out and say they’re all great and everyone with a differing view is an idiot.

How did they not learn this from last time?

Right now, it’s hard to tell if the club genuinely believes what they’re saying, or if they’re saving face

Either way, we’re a shitshow
Being shit is one thing.

Being shit AND arrogant is another thing entirely.

Just a terrible club.

I think he was trying to say was that in the fourth quarter he could have just conceded the game, gone ultra defensive to try and shut down the game to minimise Sydney scoring, but instead they told the players to try and take the game on.

That seemed to work well - they scored 4 goals and we kicked the last goal of the game in the last few minutes.

Think he has put his faith in a number of players, who lack footy nous and skills but try hard, and that isn’t what you do.

Hilarious Jameson...

"What.... in a professional sporting team....You actually want someone to be accountable for performance and you know, sniffs.....sacked?..?? Cmon people, be realistic here... !"

Yes Rodney, that's usually how accountability works.

Have to remember that Jamo is a poster child for boys club appointments. He only got involved because Trigg was starting to get heat from external sources, including past players. He then created and threw cash at the past players association and installed Jamo as the chairperson. From there it was an easy transition to board member being the only player up against a bunch of nobodies and having the backing of the club based on your past players association role.

Jamo is the dictionary definition of what’s wrong with our club.

That is a distinct possibility -

1. GWS - our recent history we are their bunnies
2. St Kilda - well the cleaning staff will have to go around waking up all the supporters as this game will be the cure for insomnia
3. Hawks - oh boy they are on 🔥
4. Western Bulldogs - their midfield will destroy us
5. Port - who ****ing knows

We ain’t winning any away games in Brisbane, Marvel, Geelong or Sydney.

We might be stuck on 4.5 wins.

He can’t possibly survive the year with the record of 4-18-1.

On paper I agree but teams find a way to win. Opposition have bad days. I can't tell you which games but I think we will win at least a couple more.

Have to remember that Jamo is a poster child for boys club appointments. He only got involved because Trigg was starting to get heat from external sources, including past players. He then created and threw cash at the past players association and installed Jamo as the chairperson. From there it was an easy transition to board member being the only player up against a bunch of nobodies and having the backing of the club based on your past players association role.

Jamo is the dictionary definition of what’s wrong with our club.

Didn't know that but makes perfect sense... In fact, I'm not even remotely surprised.

The sheer level of entrenched cronyism at the club is extraordinary.

How long do you get to get things right Jamo?
How long can recruiting fail and cost you?
Coaches? Board etc?

Decisions and poor management have a lag effect that you also pay a price for years down the track.

We've already paid a price, we're continuing to pay a price and what, we leave things how they are and have been to see how it goes and leave us in the wilderness for another decade?

Fmd.

If this was a public company, heads would have rolled if it was in a 5 year rebuilding phase.

Someone has to be accountable.

Back