Coach Alastair Clarkson IV - HFC Racism Investigation Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably needed Ed and maybe others out of the way to reach its potential.

Definitely.

Also that thing about the zealotry of converts.

I suspect a lot of Clarko's problems at Hawthorn stem from the fact that he's NOT racist, had worked successfully with indigenous players his whole career and still was with the likes of Buddy and Burgoyne.

As a result he became blind to some of the cultural insensitivities verging on abuses that occurred with the young guys from remote areas he brought in when he was at the height of his powers and convinced he could make anyone a star

If someone could give the cliff-notes it would be appreciated.
Hi Jeff. Thanks for coming on. Gobble gobble gobble

Thank-you. Gobble gobble gobble gobble

Gobble gobble gobble

Answer the question. Gobble gobble gobble gobble

What is the question? Gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble

Gobble gobble gobble gobble

Gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble

Gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble

Will you shut up. Gobble gobble

Gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble

Just answer the question. Gobble gobble gobble gobble

Gobble gobble gobble

Shut up! I am the premier! Gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble

At hawthorn we sold off our entertainment business for $70 million. Gobble.

Answer the question. Gobble gobble gobble gobble.

Dingley. Gobble.

Thanks Jeff.

Hi Jeff. Thanks for coming on. Gobble gobble gobble

Thank-you. Gobble gobble gobble gobble

Gobble gobble gobble

Answer the question. Gobble gobble gobble gobble

What is the question? Gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble

Gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble

Gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble

Will you shut up. Gobble gobble

Gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble

Just answer the question. Gobble gobble gobble gobble

Gobble gobble gobble

Shut up! I am the premier! Gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble

At hawthorn we sold off our entertainment business for $70 million. Gobble.

Answer the question. Gobble gobble gobble gobble.

Dingley. Gobble.

Thanks Jeff.
In the middle of all the dribble, he he euphemistically described their Pokies as the "Entertainment Area" and then spoke of it as a major success as his time as President, that they had invested in it and sold "at the best time possible" because the club made a lot of money.

What a horrible, nasty person and a soulless organisation, as far as they are all concerned, it made a financial profit and the misery and hardship caused by that industry doesn't matter. "The Family Club" 🙄

Last edited:
In the middle of all the dribble, he he euphemistically described their Pokies as the "Entertainment Area" and then spoke of it as a major success as his time as President, that they had invested in it and sold "at the best time possible" because the club made a lot of money.

What a horrible, nasty person and a soulless organisation, as far as they are all concerned, it made a financial profit and the misery and hardship caused by that industry doesn't matter. "The Family Club" 🙄

The Manson family was also a "family".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember having an argument with a Hawk nuffie on the mainboard years ago who was trying to convince all in Sunbury that pokies were "good for the community". Probably Kennet's kid.

I remember having an argument with a Hawk nuffie on the mainboard years ago who was trying to convince all in Sunbury that pokies were "good for the community". Probably Kennet's kid.
They are if you own the machine Grogg lol. But yes they generally do well in places where people can’t afford to do it which hurts those particular communities the most.

They're a great way to extract money from communities that don't actually have money and certainly can't afford it.

Kennett describes electronic heroin as "an entertainment business" - says all you'll ever need to know about the campaigner.

They're a great way to extract money from communities that don't actually have money and certainly can't afford it.

Kennett describes electronic heroin as "an entertainment business" - says all you'll ever need to know about the campaigner.
I live in a low socioeconomic area of Cairns with majority First Nations/PNG/refugee population. They were going to close our local pub, but at the last moment a private investor has swooped in to buy it. I was impressed that someone was investing in our area, but I was talking to the builder who is doing the "reno" and the only reason it was purchased was for the pokies license. Pokies are the worst for people in desperate need of a leg up.

I live in a low socioeconomic area of Cairns with majority First Nations/PNG/refugee population. They were going to close our local pub, but at the last moment a private investor has swooped in to buy it. I was impressed that someone was investing in our area, but I was talking to the builder who is doing the "reno" and the only reason it was purchased was for the pokies license. Pokies are the worst for people in desperate need of a leg up.

And never forget that the AFL doesn’t just take gambling companies as sponsors, it negotiated a cut of their revenues from the gambling itself. So for every life it ruins, the AFL prospers. I’m sure Gill is proud.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Alastair Clarkson IV - HFC Racism Investigation Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back