Coach Alastair Clarkson IV - HFC Racism Investigation Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Any Hawthorn board member with even a lay understanding of procedural fairness would have taken one look at the Egan report and its outlandish conclusions and pushed it back across the table and invited the authors to try again
Author may have been in a bit of a rush given a spate in the big house was somewhat possable,

I know, how dare someone provide an Aboriginal learning in a racism thread.

Sounds like this is going to the federal court.

Hawthorn going to be the big loser out of that

Sounds like this is going to the federal court.

Hawthorn going to be the big loser out of that
It will be interesting to see the clubs stance of that comes to pass.

Undeniable that the impact of this has effected Clarkos ability to perform at his highest level with us.

It will be interesting to see the clubs stance of that comes to pass.

Undeniable that the impact of this has effected Clarkos ability to perform at his highest level with us.

I get the sense he's pretty relaxed and comfortable about the idea

I get the sense he's pretty relaxed and comfortable about the idea
He had to take a large section of last year off.

It is absolutely arguable that if this never became what it did he doesn’t take the time off.

In that scenario perhaps we still have Rattan.

It is absolutely arguable that if this never became what it did he doesn’t take the time off.

I don't follow this logic. Rattan was insurance cover. If the racism saga fizzled out and Clarko never took the time off, Rattan would have served out his year as insurance cover and would have still left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was before, this is now.

Lot has changed since then - notably he's had the chance to front the players and have his say.

At Federal Court he's protected by rules of engagement

Appears to be heading that way. Hawks getting very edgy i would think.

Yes, from the sounds of things both the players and coaches are more unhappy with the club rather than each other now.

From a Collingwood supporter, on past history/knowledge, that's....surprising. Well, I guess we're all maturing in some format.

I probably have a different view to many supporters from the past in regard to racism. Collingwood has a dark racist past as do all clubs. The best thing to happen to Collingwood was for that racist flog McGuire to disappear from the club.

I honestly did not know this.

It was the word that was used in policy to degrade and destroy Aboriginals. It has strong links to colonial past. Particularly despised by Stolen Generation Aboriginals.

I probably have a different view to many supporters from the past in regard to racism. Collingwood has a dark racist past as do all clubs. The best thing to happen to Collingwood was for that racist flog McGuire to disappear from the club.

Collingwood's Do Better model is now the industry standard too

IMG_20240615_153746.jpg
Not aimed at you, but at a North v. Collingwood game in the late 90s a group of Collingwood yobs in the AFL members area were chanting some especially vile stuff aimed at Winston Abraham which was upsetting to a lot of people in the area so when I saw the video on the scoreboard at half time showing that the AFL were against racist behaviour I sought out some cops and an AFL official for them to deal with the blokes doing the chants.

The cops were very enthusiastic until they saw that there were a dozen or so drunk blokes shouting out literal death threats towards Winston. The cops politely asked them to stop it and pointed back to me as the person who lagged on them!

My whole family had to move as we were concerned that things might have become violent. We filed out of the AFL area and found a spot about a third of the way around the ground.

View attachment 2020809
Not aimed at you, but at a North v. Collingwood game in the late 90s a group of Collingwood yobs in the AFL members area were chanting some especially vile stuff aimed at Winston Abraham which was upsetting to a lot of people in the area so when I saw the video on the scoreboard at half time showing that the AFL were against racist behaviour I sought out some cops and an AFL official for them to deal with the blokes doing the chants.

The cops were very enthusiastic until they saw that there were a dozen or so drunk blokes shouting out literal death threats towards Winston. The cops politely asked them to stop it and pointed back to me as the person who lagged on them!

My whole family had to move as we were concerned that things might have become violent. We filed out of the AFL area and found a spot about a third of the way around the ground.

Horrific stuff and very sad. The behaviour of the the individuals, the AFL and the Police is not surprising. Good on your for calling out the racist behaviour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Alastair Clarkson IV - HFC Racism Investigation Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back