Autopsy Well beaten v swamsn

Remove this Banner Ad

And it never will be while we continue accepting this sh!t.

We’ll sit here and stroke our beards and fawn over how much Sydney have improved and how there’s nothing we can do about that. Mitchell and his Hawks have proven that they can take it up to anyone. Why are we so mediocre and poor with our expectations?
My expectations don’t make a bit of difference. Why so mad?

Geelong6.5 (41)9.8 (62)15.11 (101)20.13 (133)
Sydney1.0 (6)4.2 (26)4.3 (27)8.4 (52)

Look at above. That was a GF Sydney were in a few years ago. It happens.

Everyone here needs to chill. It was 1st vs 17th. If we both played well we lose by 50 odd. If they played bad we played well it's probably loss still.

They played amazing and we played terrible. We needed the win last week, but it really did take it out of us. It happens with young groups.

We’ll sit here and stroke our beards and fawn over how much Sydney have improved and how there’s nothing we can do about that. Mitchell and his Hawks have proven that they can take it up to anyone. Why are we so mediocre and poor with our expectations?
I hear what your saying but the Hawks got beaten by Sydney by 76 points.... at home.

Has to be questioned and held to account: any peanut can sit in a box getting paid a million dollars to watch a bunch of 1st-round picks show their stuff. Even if you do nothing, occasionally they’ll win.

Sometimes you need to actually COACH.

We have a bunch of 1st round picks we probably thought might strut their stuff.

Anyone else not as flat after that result? I don't really care, Sydney were always going to bounce back on their home deck, by a big margin. We played shit, eh it happens.

It was the perfect recipe in hindsight:
  • We’ve been up for over a month, a dip was to be expected.
  • Swans had their colours lowered a couple weeks in a row and needed to respond.

We had the dip, and they absolutely picked us apart.

As long as this doesn’t drop heads and we can get the pressure numbers and intensity levels back on track then it isn’t the end of the world. Blues will be another very big challenge but as long as we get the tackling/pressure numbers up we can be competitive.

1720853218891.png 1720853266660.png 1720852831411.png

There's ya ****en review in a nut shell or in a spud skin if you'd prefer. None of them should play next week, if we're half serious. Now I do get and understand playing as a fwd at the SCG is difficult if you haven't experienced it. Short ground and you can find yourself caught between the play, has happened to much better footballers that the above lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m sorry but I can’t understand this habit on our board of saying that every other team, bar us, is “throwing the ball”. Whatever they’re doing is what is part of the modern game. If we can’t match them, what’s the point of playing? Of course, I’m 100% sure that all the other boards say the same thing and reckon we throw the ball. It’s a weirdness.

If it happens again next week it’s a step backwards, but surely no one here thought we could keep backing up with that intensity every week without a dip. Let’s be realistic here, they’ve done bloody well to go as hard as we have the last 5 weeks, a down week was coming.

We do need to raise our floor though. That margin was extremely disheartening considering our last stretch of games, and to be honest actually flattered us a bit.

We must respond next week against Carlton which will be a big test. Not win necessarily, but respond.

Speaking for myself my expectations are aligned with reality. Hawks never cut anywhere as deep as we did because they had the luxury of not having to do so.

Completely outplayed and outcoached
This.
Thought we had the wrong game plan today.
The last few weeks the media were all over Sydney's opponents winning by playing keeping off & denying them possession.
We tried to also play this game style but our skills, strength, stamina & football nous don't yet allow us to play this way.

View attachment 2047144 View attachment 2047145 View attachment 2047139

There's ya ****en review in a nut shell or in a spud skin if you'd prefer. None of them should play next week, if we're half serious. Now I do get and understand playing as a fwd at the SCG is difficult if you haven't experienced it. Short ground and you can find yourself caught between the play, has happened to much better footballers that the above lot.
Im going to defend young Jacko here. He absoloutely did his job on his man and the stats dont tell the story of his game.

Pink at least started ok. His best start yet.

A question for the players mate. Not much supporters can do to impact it.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Im going to defend young Jacko here. He absoloutely did his job on his man and the stats dont tell the story of his game.

Archer did, but he can't go back to standing around watching the game unfold around him.

His turn around in form coincided with actually attacking the pill.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

We were collectively fumbly weren't we. Archie can stay in the side, I was just pointing out how little ball they got, and if you aint got the ball, guess who has :)

I don't think the Teakle , Pink, Larkey show will get many more episodes tbh & imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Well beaten v swamsn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back